Disney + Halo?

What if for the next Halo movie* (if there was one) Disney somehow got their greedy paws on it and were going to make it? Would it be decent?
*not important
*just curious

Nope it would be pretty terrible. Not even really Halo in my opinion.

I saw this thread and immediately loaded a digital shotgun that fires a spread of tactical nukes. I extremely doubt this will ever happen in any of the thousands of parallel dimensions that may or may not exist.

I dont think a game revolving around religious genocide and zombies is what Disney wants.

Anyone NOT wanting to business with Disney are idiots. I’ve made a huge thread on this OP I’ll post my response since my thread is closed now…

> I’ve always wanted to a legit thread on this. This threads purpose to cause a stir big enough to hear our request for a Halo movie, I mean what Halo fan wouldn’t want a Halo movie?
> Lets take it back to 2004 when Halo was rumored and then confirmed to have a movie directed by Peter Jackson, and directed Neill Blomkamp (District 9). Neill even made a short Halo back in the day that I’m sure 99% of Halo fans watched. Deals fell through though with Fox wanting a unfair percent of profits from the movie.
> Why did Microsoft even do a deal with Fox is beyond me. Since Microsoft closed down their movie making division they need to find a good distributor. Microsoft needs to realize this is for the fans and compromise in negotiations. I full faith 343i will be on board (as they LOVE lore) but would be worried about Microsoft ruining negotiations. IMHO the best distributor would be Disney. Let me explain. Disney has the experience and shown with Marvel and Star Wars they are capable of delivering solid mature movies. They know when to back off and let the directors and writers do there work.
> Not only would Disney be the best bet they may even distribute for FREE. Yes FREE. Sony did this with Disney to allow spiderman to be in the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) with Sony only taking profit from Spiderman stand alone films. Microsoft could strike a deal with Disney allowing Disney to sell their own Halo merchandise (aside from mega blocks). Possibly creating a Halo land in their parks similar to Star Wars land. Yes we will CRINGE at the products Disney will put out (117 Mikey Mouse anyone?) just as Star Wars fans do but WE WILL BE GETTING A FREAKING HALO MOVIE!
> I mean for the love of Halo, Call of Duty, Assassins Creed, World of Warcraft and even -Yoinking!- Angry Birds are getting movies! Halo’s lore DESTROYS those movies and dare I say would rival Star Wars! Lets be honest Halo 5 didn’t deliver on the campaign and MCC was well…the MCC. Lets hype up the next Halo game with a movie. Whose with me? In the comments leave a idea for a Halo movie!

> 2533274829432487;6:
> > I’ve always wanted to a legit thread on this. This threads purpose to cause a stir big enough to hear our request for a Halo movie, I mean what Halo fan wouldn’t want a Halo movie?
> > Lets take it back to 2004 when Halo was rumored and then confirmed to have a movie directed by Peter Jackson, and directed Neill Blomkamp (District 9). Neill even made a short Halo back in the day that I’m sure 99% of Halo fans watched. Deals fell through though with Fox wanting a unfair percent of profits from the movie.
> > Why did Microsoft even do a deal with Fox is beyond me. Since Microsoft closed down their movie making division they need to find a good distributor. Microsoft needs to realize this is for the fans and compromise in negotiations. I full faith 343i will be on board (as they LOVE lore) but would be worried about Microsoft ruining negotiations. IMHO the best distributor would be Disney. Let me explain. Disney has the experience and shown with Marvel and Star Wars they are capable of delivering solid mature movies. They know when to back off and let the directors and writers do there work.
> > Not only would Disney be the best bet they may even distribute for FREE. Yes FREE. Sony did this with Disney to allow spiderman to be in the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) with Sony only taking profit from Spiderman stand alone films. Microsoft could strike a deal with Disney allowing Disney to sell their own Halo merchandise (aside from mega blocks). Possibly creating a Halo land in their parks similar to Star Wars land. Yes we will CRINGE at the products Disney will put out (117 Mikey Mouse anyone?) just as Star Wars fans do but WE WILL BE GETTING A FREAKING HALO MOVIE!
> > I mean for the love of Halo, Call of Duty, Assassins Creed, World of Warcraft and even -Yoinking!- Angry Birds are getting movies! Halo’s lore DESTROYS those movies and dare I say would rival Star Wars! Lets be honest Halo 5 didn’t deliver on the campaign and MCC was well…the MCC. Lets hype up the next Halo game with a movie. Whose with me? In the comments leave a idea for a Halo movie!

I want a Halo movie as much as the next guy, but I would never allow Disney to take over that job.

> 2535459569790866;7:
> > 2533274829432487;6:
> > > I’ve always wanted to a legit thread on this. This threads purpose to cause a stir big enough to hear our request for a Halo movie, I mean what Halo fan wouldn’t want a Halo movie?
> > > Lets take it back to 2004 when Halo was rumored and then confirmed to have a movie directed by Peter Jackson, and directed Neill Blomkamp (District 9). Neill even made a short Halo back in the day that I’m sure 99% of Halo fans watched. Deals fell through though with Fox wanting a unfair percent of profits from the movie.
> > > Why did Microsoft even do a deal with Fox is beyond me. Since Microsoft closed down their movie making division they need to find a good distributor. Microsoft needs to realize this is for the fans and compromise in negotiations. I full faith 343i will be on board (as they LOVE lore) but would be worried about Microsoft ruining negotiations. IMHO the best distributor would be Disney. Let me explain. Disney has the experience and shown with Marvel and Star Wars they are capable of delivering solid mature movies. They know when to back off and let the directors and writers do there work.
> > > Not only would Disney be the best bet they may even distribute for FREE. Yes FREE. Sony did this with Disney to allow spiderman to be in the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) with Sony only taking profit from Spiderman stand alone films. Microsoft could strike a deal with Disney allowing Disney to sell their own Halo merchandise (aside from mega blocks). Possibly creating a Halo land in their parks similar to Star Wars land. Yes we will CRINGE at the products Disney will put out (117 Mikey Mouse anyone?) just as Star Wars fans do but WE WILL BE GETTING A FREAKING HALO MOVIE!
> > > I mean for the love of Halo, Call of Duty, Assassins Creed, World of Warcraft and even -Yoinking!- Angry Birds are getting movies! Halo’s lore DESTROYS those movies and dare I say would rival Star Wars! Lets be honest Halo 5 didn’t deliver on the campaign and MCC was well…the MCC. Lets hype up the next Halo game with a movie. Whose with me? In the comments leave a idea for a Halo movie!
>
> I want a Halo movie as much as the next guy, but I would never allow Disney to take over that job.

Agreed to this. I’d love a Halo movie, but a Disney Halo movie would probably just be filled with jokes, and then people would want Cortana to be a Disney Princess.

No thanks.

> 2535459569790866;7:
> > 2533274829432487;6:
> > > I’ve always wanted to a legit thread on this. This threads purpose to cause a stir big enough to hear our request for a Halo movie, I mean what Halo fan wouldn’t want a Halo movie?
> > > Lets take it back to 2004 when Halo was rumored and then confirmed to have a movie directed by Peter Jackson, and directed Neill Blomkamp (District 9). Neill even made a short Halo back in the day that I’m sure 99% of Halo fans watched. Deals fell through though with Fox wanting a unfair percent of profits from the movie.
> > > Why did Microsoft even do a deal with Fox is beyond me. Since Microsoft closed down their movie making division they need to find a good distributor. Microsoft needs to realize this is for the fans and compromise in negotiations. I full faith 343i will be on board (as they LOVE lore) but would be worried about Microsoft ruining negotiations. IMHO the best distributor would be Disney. Let me explain. Disney has the experience and shown with Marvel and Star Wars they are capable of delivering solid mature movies. They know when to back off and let the directors and writers do there work.
> > > Not only would Disney be the best bet they may even distribute for FREE. Yes FREE. Sony did this with Disney to allow spiderman to be in the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) with Sony only taking profit from Spiderman stand alone films. Microsoft could strike a deal with Disney allowing Disney to sell their own Halo merchandise (aside from mega blocks). Possibly creating a Halo land in their parks similar to Star Wars land. Yes we will CRINGE at the products Disney will put out (117 Mikey Mouse anyone?) just as Star Wars fans do but WE WILL BE GETTING A FREAKING HALO MOVIE!
> > > I mean for the love of Halo, Call of Duty, Assassins Creed, World of Warcraft and even -Yoinking!- Angry Birds are getting movies! Halo’s lore DESTROYS those movies and dare I say would rival Star Wars! Lets be honest Halo 5 didn’t deliver on the campaign and MCC was well…the MCC. Lets hype up the next Halo game with a movie. Whose with me? In the comments leave a idea for a Halo movie!
>
> I want a Halo movie as much as the next guy, but I would never allow Disney to take over that job.

Why may I ask? Have you seen what they’ve done since buying Marvel and Star Wars?

Disney isn’t necessarily animated/Disney channel, it can be things like the entire MCU, I personally don’t think it would be bad, but I also don’t think Halo is meant to be a movie.

Maybe sony pictures could take it up!, Horribly bad Jokes aside im not sure a halo movie is a good idea, sure disney knows what its doing (its shown its okay with dark themes as shown in rouge one.) but we know that vidoe games movies kind of suck since we lose interaction (not sure why vidoe games translate well to books though so maybe halo can do it.)

the only way I can see it working is if they dont treat it like basically other video game movie (a cash grab) and try to keep it serious and not getting a bunch of stupid childfied halo merchandise, I hope you enjoyed may post where I threw disjointed information everywhere.

Disney owns Marvel guys, and Lucas Films “STAR WARS”. You don’t think they’re qualified?

As much as I would love to see a Halo movie done, I would be afraid that if done by Disney it would be directed towards the wrong audience. I’m sure in our minds, Halo would be a hardcore rated R movie - while I am sure Disney would want to maximize its audience and tame it down quite a bit. If done well, it might create a huge influx of new fans - but the original fans would not get to see the movie they are expecting.

When I was a kid I really liked Disney’s Tron and the Black Hole. That was a long time ago - and may seem dated today - but back then it was pretty good. I don’t think Disney necessarily would do SciFi badly, I just don’t think their intentions would be what we would like them to be.

To be honest, maybe any Halo movie (if done somewhat well) is better than no Halo movie. But a Halo movie done correctly, would be just a fantastic dream come true…

> 2535412881067617;12:
> Disney owns Marvel guys, and Lucas Films “STAR WARS”. You don’t think they’re qualified?

people are not saying their not qualified, people are saying disney markets towards kids which is basically what all their franchises does, Halo markets towards a much older audience so it may not end as well as Starwars and Marvel did (which are mostly Marketed towards kids but are still made in a way to be enjoyed by adults.) and it wont be a main series piece of canon, unlike the starwars and marvel films, it will be part of the lore which could confuse a lot of people, then the trend that video game movies suck.

Let me just add, that I do agree Disney markets toward kids - but it seems like the Halo franchise is trying to do that now in some ways. I like my soldiers dressed in camo, green, tan or coyote brown. I don’t see how bright red and blue are really battlefield colors.

I’m sometimes afraid that the Spartans are being turned into Power Rangers…

> 2533274994169873;15:
> Let me just add, that I do agree Disney markets toward kids - but it seems like the Halo franchise is trying to do that now in some ways. I like my soldiers dressed in camo, green, tan or coyote brown. I don’t see how bright red and blue are really battlefield colors.
>
> I’m sometimes afraid that the Spartans are being turned into Power Rangers…

you could do that since the start of the franchise. yes it does get annoying seeing canon spartans dressing like that though. I prefer the drab colours, maybe give a bright secondary but this is not the thread for this.

> 2533275008945864;16:
> > 2533274994169873;15:
> > Let me just add, that I do agree Disney markets toward kids - but it seems like the Halo franchise is trying to do that now in some ways. I like my soldiers dressed in camo, green, tan or coyote brown. I don’t see how bright red and blue are really battlefield colors.
> >
> > I’m sometimes afraid that the Spartans are being turned into Power Rangers…
>
> you could do that since the start of the franchise. yes it does get annoying seeing canon spartans dressing like that though. I prefer the drab colours, maybe give a bright secondary but this is not the thread for this.

Yes, I wasn’t trying to derail and get into a discussion of colors. I was only trying to show how the colors might play into a Disney style movie, and perhaps insinuate a little that the Halo Franchise is moving towards being more kid friendly - which would be what Disney would produce.

Ultimately, I love Halo, and I guess in order for it to live on, it will need to adapt and change in some ways… (and yes, like my name, I am unfortunately old, set in my ways, and adverse to change lol.)

> 2535459569790866;4:
> I dont think a game revolving around religious genocide and zombies is what Disney wants.

This is what I’ve failed to understand as of late with the efforts to try to make Halo palatable for a younger audience, what with Halo 5 being rated T and now this talk about the cancelled Mega Bloks game… the Halo universe is a really, really, really, really, REALLY dark, terrifying, messed up place, I have NO idea how you dumb that content down for an audience of children. Now someone says to me “Well obviously moron we wouldn’t actually put stuff involving the Flood or the Covenant’s religious genocide into a kid’s game we’d keep it clean”… but my response is how do you even tame it to that level?? What happens when Little Johnny starts asking questions about why the game is even named Halo? How do you explain what a Halo is without starting to get into talk of the Forerunners and the terrifying Lovecraftian space zombies/demons that the Halos were built to destroy??? I just don’t get it.

> 2533274850493408;8:
> > 2535459569790866;7:
> > > 2533274829432487;6:
> > > > I’ve always wanted to a legit thread on this. This threads purpose to cause a stir big enough to hear our request for a Halo movie, I mean what Halo fan wouldn’t want a Halo movie?
> > > > Lets take it back to 2004 when Halo was rumored and then confirmed to have a movie directed by Peter Jackson, and directed Neill Blomkamp (District 9). Neill even made a short Halo back in the day that I’m sure 99% of Halo fans watched. Deals fell through though with Fox wanting a unfair percent of profits from the movie.
> > > > Why did Microsoft even do a deal with Fox is beyond me. Since Microsoft closed down their movie making division they need to find a good distributor. Microsoft needs to realize this is for the fans and compromise in negotiations. I full faith 343i will be on board (as they LOVE lore) but would be worried about Microsoft ruining negotiations. IMHO the best distributor would be Disney. Let me explain. Disney has the experience and shown with Marvel and Star Wars they are capable of delivering solid mature movies. They know when to back off and let the directors and writers do there work.
> > > > Not only would Disney be the best bet they may even distribute for FREE. Yes FREE. Sony did this with Disney to allow spiderman to be in the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) with Sony only taking profit from Spiderman stand alone films. Microsoft could strike a deal with Disney allowing Disney to sell their own Halo merchandise (aside from mega blocks). Possibly creating a Halo land in their parks similar to Star Wars land. Yes we will CRINGE at the products Disney will put out (117 Mikey Mouse anyone?) just as Star Wars fans do but WE WILL BE GETTING A FREAKING HALO MOVIE!
> > > > I mean for the love of Halo, Call of Duty, Assassins Creed, World of Warcraft and even -Yoinking!- Angry Birds are getting movies! Halo’s lore DESTROYS those movies and dare I say would rival Star Wars! Lets be honest Halo 5 didn’t deliver on the campaign and MCC was well…the MCC. Lets hype up the next Halo game with a movie. Whose with me? In the comments leave a idea for a Halo movie!
> >
> > snip
>
> Agreed to this. I’d love a Halo movie, but a Disney Halo movie would probably just be filled with jokes, and then people would want Cortana to be a Disney Princess.
>
> No thanks.

Cortana as a Disney Princess… awesome.

> 2533274961806222;18:
> > 2535459569790866;4:
> > I dont think a game revolving around religious genocide and zombies is what Disney wants.
>
> This is what I’ve failed to understand as of late with the efforts to try to make Halo palatable for a younger audience, what with Halo 5 being rated T and now this talk about the cancelled Mega Bloks game… the Halo universe is a really, really, really, really, REALLY dark, terrifying, messed up place, I have NO idea how you dumb that content down for an audience of children. Now someone says to me “Well obviously moron we wouldn’t actually put stuff involving the Flood or the Covenant’s religious genocide into a kid’s game we’d keep it clean”… but my response is how do you even tame it to that level?? What happens when Little Johnny starts asking questions about why the game is even named Halo? How do you explain what a Halo is without starting to get into talk of the Forerunners and the terrifying Lovecraftian space zombies/demons that the Halos were built to destroy??? I just don’t get it.
>
>
> > 2533274850493408;8:
> > > 2535459569790866;7:
> > > > 2533274829432487;6:
> > > > > I’ve always wanted to a legit thread on this. This threads purpose to cause a stir big enough to hear our request for a Halo movie, I mean what Halo fan wouldn’t want a Halo movie?
> > > > > Lets take it back to 2004 when Halo was rumored and then confirmed to have a movie directed by Peter Jackson, and directed Neill Blomkamp (District 9). Neill even made a short Halo back in the day that I’m sure 99% of Halo fans watched. Deals fell through though with Fox wanting a unfair percent of profits from the movie.
> > > > > Why did Microsoft even do a deal with Fox is beyond me. Since Microsoft closed down their movie making division they need to find a good distributor. Microsoft needs to realize this is for the fans and compromise in negotiations. I full faith 343i will be on board (as they LOVE lore) but would be worried about Microsoft ruining negotiations. IMHO the best distributor would be Disney. Let me explain. Disney has the experience and shown with Marvel and Star Wars they are capable of delivering solid mature movies. They know when to back off and let the directors and writers do there work.
> > > > > Not only would Disney be the best bet they may even distribute for FREE. Yes FREE. Sony did this with Disney to allow spiderman to be in the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) with Sony only taking profit from Spiderman stand alone films. Microsoft could strike a deal with Disney allowing Disney to sell their own Halo merchandise (aside from mega blocks). Possibly creating a Halo land in their parks similar to Star Wars land. Yes we will CRINGE at the products Disney will put out (117 Mikey Mouse anyone?) just as Star Wars fans do but WE WILL BE GETTING A FREAKING HALO MOVIE!
> > > > > I mean for the love of Halo, Call of Duty, Assassins Creed, World of Warcraft and even -Yoinking!- Angry Birds are getting movies! Halo’s lore DESTROYS those movies and dare I say would rival Star Wars! Lets be honest Halo 5 didn’t deliver on the campaign and MCC was well…the MCC. Lets hype up the next Halo game with a movie. Whose with me? In the comments leave a idea for a Halo movie!
> > >
> > > snip
> >
> > Agreed to this. I’d love a Halo movie, but a Disney Halo movie would probably just be filled with jokes, and then people would want Cortana to be a Disney Princess.
> >
> > No thanks.
>
> Cortana as a Disney Princess… awesome.

Halo 1-3 is based on the Covenant’s desire to enact Genocide on the Human Race. H5 is basically Communism if you think about it with Cortana trying to be Dictator. That and the presence of the all consuming Flood. Mixed with the Halo universe’s background being central to the Forerunners reseeding all life.

Halo is a deep game, and refuse to have that dumbed down for the sake of profit on Disney’s behalf. I’d rather have no movie at all. This game deserves a movie that will show the drama and fear in this world of Halo. The tale of Humanity fighting a war for survival against insurmountable odds. So please, no Disney.

Absolutely not. The idea of a Halo movie made by Disney terrifies the living -Yoink!- out of me. The part that really scares me is the lore/universe aspect of it. We all know what happened when Disney bought Star Wars from George Lucas: They retconned almost everything that wasn’t on a scale on par with the movies and the Clone Wars show. A lot of people, including me, loved the Expanded Universe of Star Wars and what it had to offer, and to see that turn into nothing but Dust and Echoes hurt a lot. To see that happen to Halo, even if it was on a remote scale and aimed at a cinematic audience, that is not something I want to happen. Worse still, if the movie was actually recieved well, this could continue for who knows how long. I might be going off a little much, but my concern still stands, even if on false foundations.