Disk issues?

Allright so I wanted to play some halo 4 and the MCC has no infinity slayer so I couldn’t play halo 4 as it was intended. I had my 360 stored away. After a few months I decided to pull it out and set it up so I could play halo 4 again. I put the disk in and the xbox can’t recognize it. My Bio shock games work, my halo ce disk works, the second halo 4 disk works, IDK WTF is going on with the halo 4 disk. I had installed all my games on the xbox in case the disks got scratched the games would run off of the hard drive so no worries. The Halo 4 disk looks fine and all other games work fine, but halo 4 doesn’t. Needless to say I am pissed because I went through considerable effort to set it all up and something with halo 4 specifically won’t work. Guess I’ll bring it into a disk cleaner or something, but the disk looks fine. Other older more beat up game disks have no problem, but halo 4, the game I wanted to play, just worthless.

> 2533274849645270;1:
> Allright so I wanted to play some halo 4 and the MCC has no infinity slayer so I couldn’t play halo 4 as it was intended. I had my 360 stored away. After a few months I decided to pull it out and set it up so I could play halo 4 again. I put the disk in and the xbox can’t recognize it. My Bio shock games work, my halo ce disk works, the second halo 4 disk works, IDK WTF is going on with the halo 4 disk. I had installed all my games on the xbox in case the disks got scratched the games would run off of the hard drive so no worries. The Halo 4 disk looks fine and all other games work fine, but halo 4 doesn’t. Needless to say I am pissed because I went through considerable effort to set it all up and something with halo 4 specifically won’t work. Guess I’ll bring it into a disk cleaner or something, but the disk looks fine. Other older more beat up game disks have no problem, but halo 4, the game I wanted to play, just worthless.

Have you tried in a friend’s 360? Might help pinpoint the problem more.

> 2533274850493408;2:
> > 2533274849645270;1:
> > Allright so I wanted to play some halo 4 and the MCC has no infinity slayer so I couldn’t play halo 4 as it was intended. I had my 360 stored away. After a few months I decided to pull it out and set it up so I could play halo 4 again. I put the disk in and the xbox can’t recognize it. My Bio shock games work, my halo ce disk works, the second halo 4 disk works, IDK WTF is going on with the halo 4 disk. I had installed all my games on the xbox in case the disks got scratched the games would run off of the hard drive so no worries. The Halo 4 disk looks fine and all other games work fine, but halo 4 doesn’t. Needless to say I am pissed because I went through considerable effort to set it all up and something with halo 4 specifically won’t work. Guess I’ll bring it into a disk cleaner or something, but the disk looks fine. Other older more beat up game disks have no problem, but halo 4, the game I wanted to play, just worthless.
>
> Have you tried in a friend’s 360? Might help pinpoint the problem more.

nope but thanks for the suggestion

> 2533274849645270;3:
> > 2533274850493408;2:
> > > 2533274849645270;1:
> > > Allright so I wanted to play some halo 4 and the MCC has no infinity slayer so I couldn’t play halo 4 as it was intended. I had my 360 stored away. After a few months I decided to pull it out and set it up so I could play halo 4 again. I put the disk in and the xbox can’t recognize it. My Bio shock games work, my halo ce disk works, the second halo 4 disk works, IDK WTF is going on with the halo 4 disk. I had installed all my games on the xbox in case the disks got scratched the games would run off of the hard drive so no worries. The Halo 4 disk looks fine and all other games work fine, but halo 4 doesn’t. Needless to say I am pissed because I went through considerable effort to set it all up and something with halo 4 specifically won’t work. Guess I’ll bring it into a disk cleaner or something, but the disk looks fine. Other older more beat up game disks have no problem, but halo 4, the game I wanted to play, just worthless.
> >
> > Have you tried in a friend’s 360? Might help pinpoint the problem more.
>
> nope but thanks for the suggestion

Give it a try and let me know!

> 2533274850493408;4:
> > 2533274849645270;3:
> > > 2533274850493408;2:
> > > > 2533274849645270;1:
> > > > Allright so I wanted to play some halo 4 and the MCC has no infinity slayer so I couldn’t play halo 4 as it was intended. I had my 360 stored away. After a few months I decided to pull it out and set it up so I could play halo 4 again. I put the disk in and the xbox can’t recognize it. My Bio shock games work, my halo ce disk works, the second halo 4 disk works, IDK WTF is going on with the halo 4 disk. I had installed all my games on the xbox in case the disks got scratched the games would run off of the hard drive so no worries. The Halo 4 disk looks fine and all other games work fine, but halo 4 doesn’t. Needless to say I am pissed because I went through considerable effort to set it all up and something with halo 4 specifically won’t work. Guess I’ll bring it into a disk cleaner or something, but the disk looks fine. Other older more beat up game disks have no problem, but halo 4, the game I wanted to play, just worthless.
> > >
> > > Have you tried in a friend’s 360? Might help pinpoint the problem more.
> >
> > nope but thanks for the suggestion
>
> Give it a try and let me know!

Took the disk to a scratch remover place and got the disk clean. All other disks work on my 360 but not halo 4 still. Halo 4 has the open tray error. I am apparently not the only one that has encountered this issue. Someone said somewhere that it was a software issue and recommended reinstalling it or something, but I am sure I can’t do that if the xbox can’t even recognize that the disk exists.

> 2533274849645270;5:
> > 2533274850493408;4:
> > > 2533274849645270;3:
> > > > 2533274850493408;2:
> > > > > 2533274849645270;1:
> > > > > Allright so I wanted to play some halo 4 and the MCC has no infinity slayer so I couldn’t play halo 4 as it was intended. I had my 360 stored away. After a few months I decided to pull it out and set it up so I could play halo 4 again. I put the disk in and the xbox can’t recognize it. My Bio shock games work, my halo ce disk works, the second halo 4 disk works, IDK WTF is going on with the halo 4 disk. I had installed all my games on the xbox in case the disks got scratched the games would run off of the hard drive so no worries. The Halo 4 disk looks fine and all other games work fine, but halo 4 doesn’t. Needless to say I am pissed because I went through considerable effort to set it all up and something with halo 4 specifically won’t work. Guess I’ll bring it into a disk cleaner or something, but the disk looks fine. Other older more beat up game disks have no problem, but halo 4, the game I wanted to play, just worthless.
> > > >
> > > > Have you tried in a friend’s 360? Might help pinpoint the problem more.
> > >
> > > nope but thanks for the suggestion
> >
> > Give it a try and let me know!
>
> Took the disk to a scratch remover place and got the disk clean. All other disks work on my 360 but not halo 4 still. Halo 4 has the open tray error. I am apparently not the only one that has encountered this issue. Someone said somewhere that it was a software issue and recommended reinstalling it or something, but I am sure I can’t do that if the xbox can’t even recognize that the disk exists.

That will actually work sometimes. Give that one a whirl, and if you still fail, I’d recommend spending the $10 for a new disc.

I had open tray error before. It isn’t the disc, it’s your actual Xbox 360. If you rattled the Xbox 360 a bit while removing it from storage, or if there is an excessive amount of dust inside your console, it could be the problem.

I recommend carefully opening the console and cleaning it, and also inspect the disc tray. There are many YouTube videos that show how to carefully do that.

Hopefully this helps you out.

> 2533274852660538;7:
> I had open tray error before. It isn’t the disc, it’s your actual Xbox 360. If you rattled the Xbox 360 a bit while removing it from storage, or if there is an excessive amount of dust inside your console, it could be the problem.
>
> I recommend carefully opening the console and cleaning it, and also inspect the disc tray. There are many YouTube videos that show how to carefully do that.
>
> Hopefully this helps you out.

all other game disks work fine though so idk. I did clean out the xbox too just to see and still nothing

> 2533274849645270;8:
> > 2533274852660538;7:
> > I had open tray error before. It isn’t the disc, it’s your actual Xbox 360. If you rattled the Xbox 360 a bit while removing it from storage, or if there is an excessive amount of dust inside your console, it could be the problem.
> >
> > I recommend carefully opening the console and cleaning it, and also inspect the disc tray. There are many YouTube videos that show how to carefully do that.
> >
> > Hopefully this helps you out.
>
> all other game disks work fine though so idk. I did clean out the xbox too just to see and still nothing

It can be weird. The console will play some discs and not others, which is what I experienced as well.

If you have a disc that has the tiniest scratch or crack while your console has an open tray error, then it will never work properly.

> 2533274849645270;5:
> > 2533274850493408;4:
> > > 2533274849645270;3:
> > > > 2533274850493408;2:
> > > > > 2533274849645270;1:
> > > > > Allright so I wanted to play some halo 4 and the MCC has no infinity slayer so I couldn’t play halo 4 as it was intended. I had my 360 stored away. After a few months I decided to pull it out and set it up so I could play halo 4 again. I put the disk in and the xbox can’t recognize it. My Bio shock games work, my halo ce disk works, the second halo 4 disk works, IDK WTF is going on with the halo 4 disk. I had installed all my games on the xbox in case the disks got scratched the games would run off of the hard drive so no worries. The Halo 4 disk looks fine and all other games work fine, but halo 4 doesn’t. Needless to say I am pissed because I went through considerable effort to set it all up and something with halo 4 specifically won’t work. Guess I’ll bring it into a disk cleaner or something, but the disk looks fine. Other older more beat up game disks have no problem, but halo 4, the game I wanted to play, just worthless.
> > > >
> > > > Have you tried in a friend’s 360? Might help pinpoint the problem more.
> > >
> > > nope but thanks for the suggestion
> >
> > Give it a try and let me know!
>
> Took the disk to a scratch remover place and got the disk clean. All other disks work on my 360 but not halo 4 still. Halo 4 has the open tray error. I am apparently not the only one that has encountered this issue. Someone said somewhere that it was a software issue and recommended reinstalling it or something, but I am sure I can’t do that if the xbox can’t even recognize that the disk exists.

That happened to me. I had to re-buy it via download

> 2533274849645270;1:
> Allright so I wanted to play some halo 4 and the MCC has no infinity slayer so I couldn’t play halo 4 as it was intended. I had my 360 stored away. After a few months I decided to pull it out and set it up so I could play halo 4 again. I put the disk in and the xbox can’t recognize it. My Bio shock games work, my halo ce disk works, the second halo 4 disk works, IDK WTF is going on with the halo 4 disk. I had installed all my games on the xbox in case the disks got scratched the games would run off of the hard drive so no worries. The Halo 4 disk looks fine and all other games work fine, but halo 4 doesn’t. Needless to say I am pissed because I went through considerable effort to set it all up and something with halo 4 specifically won’t work. Guess I’ll bring it into a disk cleaner or something, but the disk looks fine. Other older more beat up game disks have no problem, but halo 4, the game I wanted to play, just worthless.

Have you tried playing the disc when the Xbox 360 is standing up? There have been reports of disc error when the Xbox 360 is lying on its side. Also check for red rings.

Did you ever find the solution for this?
I have exactly the same problem, and my halo disk one does not work on my friends xbox, but the disk two does.

> 2533274906821733;12:
> Did you ever find the solution for this?
> I have exactly the same problem, and my halo disk one does not work on my friends xbox, but the disk two does.

I had to buy another copy

Ditch the disk and install it on your xbox…

> 2533274904953177;14:
> Ditch the disk and install it on your xbox…

I had, the disk still needs to be readable. The console checks that it is the halo 4 disk. If it is messed to the point that it is unidentifiable then you need a new disk. :frowning:

> 2533274849645270;15:
> > 2533274904953177;14:
> > Ditch the disk and install it on your xbox…
>
> I had, the disk still needs to be readable. The console checks that it is the halo 4 disk. If it is messed to the point that it is unidentifiable then you need a new disk. :frowning:

So it was the disk in the end? Or did you buy digital?

> 2533274882208015;16:
> > 2533274849645270;15:
> > > 2533274904953177;14:
> > > Ditch the disk and install it on your xbox…
> >
> > I had, the disk still needs to be readable. The console checks that it is the halo 4 disk. If it is messed to the point that it is unidentifiable then you need a new disk. :frowning:
>
> So it was the disk in the end? Or did you buy digital?

went and bought a new disk

Went to my retailer and did the same. Here in my country there are a lot of scams (people buy a game the return it but its a different scratched broken disc) and ask for money back. SO what retailers do here is they usually open the game in your face and paste a special sticker (you cant get it out without breaking it) on the disk. I returned the disc with the sticker and the dude tried the game out, didnt work in his console gave me a new one and tested it on the spot. Worked there and on my house. It seems that there was a batch of discs that were faulty even though they were flawless physically.

Please don’t revive old topics, thanks