Discussion to fix Desync/Netcode

Hello all,

Has 343 discussed a timing on the fix of desync/net code issue in Halo Infinite? (Or are they just ignoring it/pushing it to the side?)

Thanks!

3 Likes

They didnt even fix the netcode & desync in MCC bro. Keep dreaming.

5 Likes

Just confused -H5 felt good :frowning:

1 Like

They have mentioned it.

They are working on it.

Sounds like it’s a multifactorial issue. Slipspace plus xbox live plus azure servers.

No easy fix.

There is a poster here IntoValhalla that has some insightful posts.

3 Likes

They said that in 2014 for MCC too. Still a problem.

1 Like

@Darwi basically gave you the details in a short version. Expect fixes to be released in small increments over time. Might get a very small fix on November 8th.

Also, note it may not be possible to fully fix the issue. But it is possible to improve it from what it currently is.

1 Like

I can’t accept small fixes for improvements that don’t ever actually fully fix it (at least to an acceptable level that allows this game to truly be “competitive”). Sure, technically any fixes are better than none. However, marginal fixes with little practical effect are useless. If these small fixes do in fact get the game to a standard that is on par with other triple A titles, then I am good with that and think most others would be as well. That should be expected at a minimum and any more than that would just be a bonus, but shouldn’t be expected.

However, if these small fixes just make improvements, but the desync is still left anywhere near the level it is currently, and they are truly not able to fix and improve it to an acceptable level, than that is a woefully poor design and oversight on their part and should never have been allowed to occur, regardless of the circumstances. The fan vitriol is excessive and often unhelpful, however, 343 and MS should at the very least hold themselves accountable for such a significant letdown and poor design. They were steps away from greatness, absolutely a massive letdown that they didn’t keep walking.

1 Like

One of the problems causing desync may not only be on 343’s side. It is my understanding that how Xbox profile data is used is one of the causes. This area would be an Xbox/Microsoft issue and not a 343 issue.

1 Like

H5 was smooth and didn’t face anything like this. I honestly feel like most of my deaths in Infinite are when I’m behind an object and should clearly be alive. LAN is absolutely a blessing, but that isn’t reality for majority of the gameplay.

2 Likes

Nah their plate is full with increasing the amount of battle pass tiers not once, but twice! Priorities man… /s

1 Like

I honestly don’t think the netcode will ever be right. It’ll get better I’m sure in time, but it’ll never be quite right. Even when it’s better, I don’t think it’ll matter much, The damage is done, Unfortunately. Pretty sad that the net code in the previous Halo is light years better then the current one. You know your netcode is really, really bad! when you see people (especially the pros) get randomly disconnected over LAN!! :laughing::roll_eyes:

If I were you, I wouldn’t get your hopes up. As long as people are buying there ridiculous cosmetics and giving them money, there isn’t a lot of incentive to fix it.

Now… if everyone just stopped buying stuff or even better, stopped playing, just watch how fast issues like that get fixed.

1 Like

Along the same lines, has anyone heard if they will finally let us pick our own Server in the Winter update?

My issue is that 80% of the time, I wind up on an European server when I’m in Alberta Canada. My ping times are 250+ ms (4 fps), which is unplayable. About 20% of my matches are at ~ 30 ms ping times, and I know from playing MCC / H5 that the closest server to me is NW USA (Seattle) and shows a 30 ms ping time. And I’m playing in late afternoon - early evening as a Solo player, so why it continually tosses me into games on a European server at 1 am to 5 am their time (which isn’t a peak time folks them) is a major mystery.

Unless I can manually pick the server I play on, I won’t bother ever playing Halo Infinite again. It doesn’t matter what new features they add, the base game play is broken and unplayable.

1 Like

They have said that they put in some behind-the-scenes groundwork for future Region Selections for servers in a Drop Pod. Eventually, players will get a choice of either: select all servers for faster search times or select a local server for better connection. There has not been a date for this implementation, they have only said that it is still far away from being released for now.

1 Like

Thanks for the info.

I guess I can just keep ignoring Halo Infinite until they implement it. I’m not coming back to play a “fast paced shooter” that updates at 4 frames per second 80% of the time. Who would.

Does 343 not realize that piling crap onto a crumbling twisting broken foundation does not make any of us want to come back? Nor could I drag my friends into it either, even for Co-Op Campaign.

1 Like

Look at me. Now look at the amount of devs who left inbetween 5 & Infinite, now look back at me and repeat that line.

Here’s a quote from their founder & former CEO “We dont see failure as a failure we see it as an opportunity” If we take that into the context of MCC & Infinite, it comes off as though they want a no mans sky resurgence without any of the effort.

2 Likes