Discussion: E3 2013 wasn't for Halo 5

Hello fellow Spartans! Today I’m proposing an idea that came to my head after seeing a post on Facebook yesterday. Here: Redirecting...
The post was from Lets Finish The Fight and it compared two photos and asked us which we liked best, the Guardian from E3 2013 or the Halo 5 Guardian. After reading the comments I came to realize that the Guardian from E3 2013 isn’t actually a Guardian at all rather the Forerunner AI Medicant Bias. This came to a surprise to me as I know many in the community believe the E3 2013 “Guardian” to be an early concept of the Guardian that was changed. We know that in the Halo 3 terminals Medicant actually reached out to Chief so we know that he is indeed still around. This realization caused me to re-watch the E3 2013 footage. In that clip, I noticed that Chief’s visor is cracked. This leads me to believe that the E3 2013 footage indeed takes place after Halo 5 and its actually promoting…Halo 6. So what do you all think about this? Have we really been looking at our first look into Halo 6 for the last 4 years? Will we be facing Medicant Bias in Halo 6?
-TrollolololFace

I believe that trailer was for Halo 6. They could reverse engineer that trailer to pretend they intentionally made it for Halo 6. Chief has his visor smashed - due to Locke. He feels alone - due to the betrayal of Cortana. And he could well be on the ark, hence why he’s walking in a desert. Looking for something.

It’s really bizarre though if you look at a lot of the concept art, especially the art used for the achievements in halo 5.Most of them depict the chief by himself in a cloak fighting off a bunch of enemies or standing in a location that is not the game. It’s almost as if they completely changed course for what they intended halo 5 to be early in development. Hopefully, a lot of the scenes and actions depicted in the concept art, are what we get with h6. And with 343’s latest comments about the next halo game focusing on the Chief, I think we can expect to see just that. And likewise with the trailers, hopefully they tie that together as well. Otherwise those trailers aren’t going to make much sense canonically.

EDIT: see the achievement thumbnails- Castle Crasher, Lone wolf, Going the distance, My rules. For the concept art I mentioned.

> 2533274805435582;3:
> It’s really bizarre though if you look at a lot of the concept art, especially the art used for the achievements in halo 5.Most of them depict the chief by himself in a cloak fighting off a bunch of enemies or standing in a location that is not the game. It’s almost as if they completely changed course for what they intended halo 5 to be early in development. Hopefully, a lot of the scenes and actions depicted in the concept art, are what we get with h6. And with 343’s latest comments about the next halo game focusing on the Chief, I think we can expect to see just that. And likewise with the trailers, hopefully they tie that together as well. Otherwise those trailers aren’t going to make much sense canonically.
>
> EDIT: see the achievement thumbnails- Castle Crasher, Lone wolf, Going the distance, My rules. For the concept art I mentioned.

A lot include robots as well. Which I thought was very strange.

> 2533274898991784;1:
> Hello fellow Spartans! Today I’m proposing an idea that came to my head after seeing a post on Facebook yesterday. Here: Redirecting...
> The post was from Lets Finish The Fight and it compared two photos and asked us which we liked best, the Guardian from E3 2013 or the Halo 5 Guardian. After reading the comments I came to realize that the Guardian from E3 2013 isn’t actually a Guardian at all rather the Forerunner AI Medicant Bias. This came to a surprise to me as I know many in the community believe the E3 2013 “Guardian” to be an early concept of the Guardian that was changed. We know that in the Halo 3 terminals Medicant actually reached out to Chief so we know that he is indeed still around. This realization caused me to re-watch the E3 2013 footage. In that clip, I noticed that Chief’s visor is cracked. This leads me to believe that the E3 2013 footage indeed takes place after Halo 5 and its actually promoting…Halo 6. So what do you all think about this? Have we really been looking at our first look into Halo 6 for the last 4 years? Will we be facing Medicant Bias in Halo 6?
> -TrollolololFace

So what I find here is that that E3 guardian “thing” bears no resemblance whatsoever to Mendicant bias. I can understand that Mendicant bias’ appearance would change, but he would not change to that degree. What’s more, Mendicant’s latest known location was on the Ark…and I don’t think Chief would get to the Ark without encountering Banished resistance. Mendicant Bias’ most recent action was protecting Chief, I don’t think he would attack him after all this time.

Here’s some reading material. 05-032 Mendicant Bias - Character - Halopedia, the Halo wiki
Sorry for the lazy link.

> 2535460549344986;5:
> > 2533274898991784;1:
> > Hello fellow Spartans! Today I’m proposing an idea that came to my head after seeing a post on Facebook yesterday. Here: Redirecting...
> > The post was from Lets Finish The Fight and it compared two photos and asked us which we liked best, the Guardian from E3 2013 or the Halo 5 Guardian. After reading the comments I came to realize that the Guardian from E3 2013 isn’t actually a Guardian at all rather the Forerunner AI Medicant Bias. This came to a surprise to me as I know many in the community believe the E3 2013 “Guardian” to be an early concept of the Guardian that was changed. We know that in the Halo 3 terminals Medicant actually reached out to Chief so we know that he is indeed still around. This realization caused me to re-watch the E3 2013 footage. In that clip, I noticed that Chief’s visor is cracked. This leads me to believe that the E3 2013 footage indeed takes place after Halo 5 and its actually promoting…Halo 6. So what do you all think about this? Have we really been looking at our first look into Halo 6 for the last 4 years? Will we be facing Medicant Bias in Halo 6?
> > -TrollolololFace
>
> So what I find here is that that E3 guardian “thing” bears no resemblance whatsoever to Mendicant bias. I can understand that Mendicant bias’ appearance would change, but he would not change to that degree. What’s more, Mendicant’s latest known location was on the Ark…and I don’t think Chief would get to the Ark without encountering Banished resistance. Mendicant Bias’ most recent action was protecting Chief, I don’t think he would attack him after all this time.
>
> Here’s some reading material. 05-032 Mendicant Bias - Character - Halopedia, the Halo wiki
> Sorry for the lazy link.

If Mendicant Bias were to help Chief, then the UNSC and Swords of Sanghelios would potentially gain a very powerful ally.

The reason is the "Halo for Xox One trailer, still makes sense after Halo 5 because of these factors:

• Chief’s cracked visor. - The location that looks like it is The Ark. - The cloak Chief is using. We never saw this in Halo 5, and while the concept art indicates Chief is using his cloak on Meridian, we don’t know if we can still see this happening.There’s also the trailer where ONI declares the death of the Master Chief in 2560, which is post Halo 5. So maybe the trailers were just made by some stuff that they cut off from the Halo 5 campaign and we will see it later or they are just better than Halo 5 and we can’t stand how Halo 5 could have been awesome and 343 messed everything up.

Calling the E3 concept creature from that trailer Mendicant Bias is a stretch. More than a stretch, actually; it’s completely unfounded. There is no evidence that Mendicant Bias even survived the events of Halo 3.

As for the E3 2013 trailer, if carefully looked at it was never a trailer for Halo 5. It was the first advertisement for Halo on Xbox One, which ended up being the MCC. What they were showcasing was likely just a concept trailer built from some ideas that would eventually make it into the final iteration of Halo 5.

Now, we could very well see some of those aspects (Chief’s cloak, desert planet, orange Guardian) in the future, as those things did not make an appearance in Halo 5. But, saying that orange Guardian was Mendicant Bias is, well, silly.

> 2533274805435582;3:
> It’s really bizarre though if you look at a lot of the concept art, especially the art used for the achievements in halo 5.Most of them depict the chief by himself in a cloak fighting off a bunch of enemies or standing in a location that is not the game. It’s almost as if they completely changed course for what they intended halo 5 to be early in development. Hopefully, a lot of the scenes and actions depicted in the concept art, are what we get with h6. And with 343’s latest comments about the next halo game focusing on the Chief, I think we can expect to see just that. And likewise with the trailers, hopefully they tie that together as well. Otherwise those trailers aren’t going to make much sense canonically.
>
> EDIT: see the achievement thumbnails- Castle Crasher, Lone wolf, Going the distance, My rules. For the concept art I mentioned.

They did. I believe I read something about Microsoft having them change course heavily from what 343i was working on to what we have now. I’m wondering what we would’ve gotten with that concept art, had it been in the game.