Discussing the Scoring System

As everyone has seen by now, in the First Look Halo: 4 Vidoc the scores were up in the 200’s/100’s. What do you think of this? Frank did say we will not be able to figure it out just by looking at the video.
Do you think it might be the scoring for the new Halo, and the traditional 1-50 will be left for classic Halo playlist?

I personally hope that Halo stays to the traditional 1-50 scoring system, but that’s just my opinion. We’ll just have to wait and see.
So what do you think about the high scoring showed in the Vidoc, and what you think it means?

I think it means 343 is going TOO far. There’s no problem with the old system and it’s one of the things that separated Halo from other games.

“If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”

> I think it means 343 is going TOO far. There’s no problem with the old system and it’s one of the things that separated Halo from other games.
>
> “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”

I completely agree. Without the 1-50 scoring system I feel that the game just will feel less like Halo and more like all the other shooters. I just can’t see them changing the Halo Scoring as it’s been the way it is since Halo Multiplayer started.

I really hope what we saw was just a new mode/playlist, though not the standard Team Slayer.

I don’t know how the scoring system operates yet. There might be a reason that its like that and It might somehow tie into the story of the multiplayer in halo 4. I am eager to see more info cause it sounds like 343 is putting a butt ton of work into everything.

I’m under the impression that the scores in that video might be from an earlier build of the game and not fully programmed yet. Those numbers could be an unfinished version of the system you already know.

Otherwise it might be our first look at a new multiplayer mode. Perhaps teams score bonus points for earning medals for their kills (eg, assists, headshots, sprees, ect) which would cause a need for a different scoring system.

I would have no problem with a game type like this (as long as regular, staple gametypes return).