DISCUS: Halo 3's ARG place in current canon.

This has been on my mind for a while now and I thought about where Iris (Halo 3’s ARG)is placed in the current canon. I mostly want to discuss where Adjacent Reflex was and who his superior is.

( I probably know that this thread will have no significance to current affairs in the Halo universe right now, I just want to bring to light some stuff about Iris that the community has theories about it.)

The IRIS Campaign actually has more signifigance now then it ever did.

IRIS&Connections to the Reclaimer Saga

HISTORY CIRCLING
BACK UPON US.
The gears of the Universe spin further
and further apart.
Ever greater grows the gulf between souls,
And distance gives false hope of safety
But for the grim tidings this messenger bears

Ever greater grows the distance between souls. To me this could hint at the separation between lovers with the Didact and Librarian. Starting from the Didact being sentenced to exile in his Cryptium on Erde Tyrene. Then ultimately in Silentium where the Librarian’s love for all life and favoring humans forces the Librarian to ultimately shoot her husband and lock him away on his Shield World of Requiem.

The enemy is almost upon us
Closing in from all sides,
Moving faster than the light
it snuffs with its passage,
Time echoes with the news of destruction.
History winding back upon itself.

This is a reference to the flood in my mind the gravemind bringing high charity to the ark. Time echoes with the news of destruction could refrence the destruction of the domain. The domain expressed much sadness at the fall of the forerunners. Time Echoes with news of its destruction this to me refers to the domain which may or may not have been destroyed by the halo array being activated.

Waves of an army march this way in unison,
Suffering and corruption are its battle cries.
For I have known this darkness
and felt its embrace once before-
Horror best laid to rest

This obviously refers to the flood. Felt its embrace once before Mendicant Bias was turned to the side of the flood after speaking with the Primordial for 43 years. Suffering and Corruption are its battle cries this line from Silentium describes this perfectly. "Our urge to create is immutable; we must create. But the beings we create shall never again reach out in strength against us. All that is created will suffer. All will be born in suffering, endless greyness shall be their lot. All creation will tailor to failure and pain, that never again shall the offspring of the eternal Fount rise up against their creators.

Listen to the silence. Ten million years of deep silence. And now, whimpers and cries; not of birth. That is what we bring: a great crushing weight to press down youth and hope.

No more will. No more freedom. Nothing new but agonizing death and never good shall come of it.”"

Yet a Journey must commence
Look for the signs, the keepers of the flame.
They will lead you to war, and perhaps, to victory

A journey the Reclaimer Saga has been described by 343 has a hero’s journey John’s Journey which to me the final step of this Journey leads us back to the lesser ark. Keepers of the flame the forerunners had the mantle and the humans are trying to reclaim it as the Librarian foretold us in Halo 5. That the Spartans and his A Cortana was predestined to help them on their path to the mantle. Could this possibly hint at surviving forerunners Iso Didact Chant to green? They could very well be alive the slip space bubbles in Ghosts of Onyx or Even another Cryptium.

So we can see that the IRIS campaign makes more sense for the reclaimer saga then it ever did for halo 3. Hopefully 343 can continue there great job at tying things together as they have been doing.

Bungie left a lot of loose ends and random retcons- 343i has done a remarkable job piecing things together and patching where and when they can. Still some inconsistencies here and there, but they are entirely forgivable in the grand scheme.

Well, what about AR, I just remembered that he was probably destroyed by Mendicant Bias ( I could be wrong though,) but where do you guys think he was transmitting his messages back when Iris was starting on the Bungie forums.

Also kudos to Jameson Locke for explaining how Iris is starting to fit in the current canon so far. <)

Iris is one of the more complex things to place into order into a Canon order.
I mean even using this
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm9011_Halo-Canon-Order–Halo-3-and-Before.aspx

Terminals make it annoying.

Hopefully this helps a little to where it fits in Halo canon