'Discover Hope' Uncovering

• Pilot says his hand servos must’ve locked up. - The Pilot has his back turned, trying to look for diagnostics equipment as Chief reveals he was concealing the chip this whole time away from the elements. - Pulse goes off and temporarily knocks out the Pelican. - "Not them! “Not again” - “We need to run!” - *“No. We need to fight.”*I’m putting the pieces together that this pilot absolutely loathes AI and that Cortana and her takeover cost him his family.
    He values and respects the Chief, to be sure, but the detail about Spartans like Chief having an AI companion are likely far from common knowledge as Spartans are revered more on their own abilities than any co-dependancy on an AI.
    I’m willing to bet the Pilot’s going to have to turn against the Chief as he has opposing views and disagrees with whatever plan the Chief has, which seems to likely be ‘going to get Cortana back’. That’s going to be one of (if not the biggest) conflict and its probably what’s gonna draw out that ‘humanity’ from Chief, fully.

> 2533274798121887;1:
> - Pilot says his hand servos must’ve locked up. - The Pilot has his back turned, trying to look for diagnostics equipment as Chief reveals he was concealing the chip this whole time away from the elements. - Pulse goes off and temporarily knocks out the Pelican. - "Not them! “Not again” - “We need to run!” - *“No. We need to fight.”*I’m putting the pieces together that this pilot absolutely loathes AI and that Cortana and her takeover cost him his family.
> He values and respects the Chief, to be sure, but the detail about Spartans like Chief having an AI companion are likely far from common knowledge as Spartans are revered more on their own abilities than any co-dependancy on an AI.
> I’m willing to bet the Pilot’s going to have to turn against the Chief as he has opposing views and disagrees with whatever plan the Chief has, which seems to likely be ‘going to get Cortana back’. That’s going to be one of (if not the biggest) conflict and its probably what’s gonna draw out that ‘humanity’ from Chief, fully.

I wouldnt go that far saying he was concealing the chip

> I wouldnt go that far saying he was concealing the chip

I know that, but it feels like it’s hinting towards him being protective of the matter.
The Pilot might just be your new Echo-419 who is responsible for overlooking your transport throughout the game and that if that transitionary scene is anything to say along with the lines mentioned up top after the ‘pulse’, I’m more inclined there’s a point of conflict to be had.

Did the chip say it was a weapon containment device? Maybe for evil Cortana?

> 2535466098043799;4:
> Did the chip say it was a weapon containment device? Maybe for evil Cortana?

Could also just consider an ai in general such a thing.

> 2533274798121887;1:
> - Pilot says his hand servos must’ve locked up. - The Pilot has his back turned, trying to look for diagnostics equipment as Chief reveals he was concealing the chip this whole time away from the elements. - Pulse goes off and temporarily knocks out the Pelican. - "Not them! “Not again” - “We need to run!” - *“No. We need to fight.”*I’m putting the pieces together that this pilot absolutely loathes AI and that Cortana and her takeover cost him his family.
> He values and respects the Chief, to be sure, but the detail about Spartans like Chief having an AI companion are likely far from common knowledge as Spartans are revered more on their own abilities than any co-dependancy on an AI.
> I’m willing to bet the Pilot’s going to have to turn against the Chief as he has opposing views and disagrees with whatever plan the Chief has, which seems to likely be ‘going to get Cortana back’. That’s going to be one of (if not the biggest) conflict and its probably what’s gonna draw out that ‘humanity’ from Chief, fully.

Flood.

> 2535421184810953;6:
> > 2533274798121887;1:
> > - Pilot says his hand servos must’ve locked up. - The Pilot has his back turned, trying to look for diagnostics equipment as Chief reveals he was concealing the chip this whole time away from the elements. - Pulse goes off and temporarily knocks out the Pelican. - "Not them! “Not again” - “We need to run!” - *“No. We need to fight.”*I’m putting the pieces together that this pilot absolutely loathes AI and that Cortana and her takeover cost him his family.
> > He values and respects the Chief, to be sure, but the detail about Spartans like Chief having an AI companion are likely far from common knowledge as Spartans are revered more on their own abilities than any co-dependancy on an AI.
> > I’m willing to bet the Pilot’s going to have to turn against the Chief as he has opposing views and disagrees with whatever plan the Chief has, which seems to likely be ‘going to get Cortana back’. That’s going to be one of (if not the biggest) conflict and its probably what’s gonna draw out that ‘humanity’ from Chief, fully.
>
> Flood.

Flood’s an afterthought. Already been there and done that. They can’t pose as the bigger threat this time - it doesn’t work that way unless they’ve changed overall - which is against the whole point of the flood. The flood will likely be there but they can not be a central focus. At best it’ll be like End Game.