Discount on Halo 5

Since the Master Cheif Collection is still having issues I think they should give us a discount on Halo 5.

I play the Elder Scrolls online for PC when it first launched. The game was full of issues like the MCC, but after they got things hammered out, made the game Free-to-Play and had the console version slated for release.
They offered those who bought the game near launch on PC the console version of the game for $20 as compensation.

Seems like a fair trade off to me.

only if you no longer want anymore halo games. they need the money to keep making them.

> 2533274923562209;2:
> only if you no longer want anymore halo games. they need the money to keep making them.

We need a reason to believe they can make the games to give them money.

> 2535471888470705;3:
> > 2533274923562209;2:
> > only if you no longer want anymore halo games. they need the money to keep making them.
>
>
> We need a reason to believe they can make the games to give them money.

ok, then. well if I were them and I was making a brand new game I wouldn’t have it on discount. even if we -Yoinked!- up the previous game. we need the money to pay for all the costs and such (I’m sure 343i could probably go over budget as they’re rich but still). if we were to sell the game at a discount it could potentially hurt in the long run when it comes to future games as we’d then have a smaller budget than normal even if it was our own fault that we have that budget in the first place because of -Yoink- ups. instead of discounts, what I’d do is try to say add a surprise a month after the games launch. free maps for everyone after the launch of the game, and by free maps I mean say maybe 6 or so. idk how long it takes to make maps but I think quite a bit of people would love 6 new free maps within a months span. idk how often many maps are suppose to be in map packs but I’m guessing 6 would be satisfactory to people. they could also add a few more things like cosmetics since h5 will have it. I know some people will probably care less and believe me I’d like the game to be cheaper as I won’t have to pay as much lol but it hurts 343i’s ability on making content in the future if they were to discount the game. I’ll say if they were to do it then some of the fan base would be quite happy with them but still, it would hurt them, or at least that’s what I think. I’m not saying any of this as a fact, this is just my best educated opinion on what would happen in this situation. I’m not a business person or have knowledge in gaming business but this is just my guess on things.

> 2533274923562209;4:
> > 2535471888470705;3:
> > > 2533274923562209;2:
> > > only if you no longer want anymore halo games. they need the money to keep making them.
> >
> >
> > We need a reason to believe they can make the games to give them money.
>
>
> ok, then. well if I were them and I was making a brand new game I wouldn’t have it on discount. even if we -Yoinked!- up the previous game. we need the money to pay for all the costs and such (I’m sure 343i could probably go over budget as they’re rich but still). if we were to sell the game at a discount it could potentially hurt in the long run when it comes to future games as we’d then have a smaller budget than normal even if it was our own fault that we have that budget in the first place because of -Yoink- ups. instead of discounts, what I’d do is try to say add a surprise a month after the games launch. free maps for everyone after the launch of the game, and by free maps I mean say maybe 6 or so. idk how long it takes to make maps but I think quite a bit of people would love 6 new free maps within a months span. idk how often many maps are suppose to be in map packs but I’m guessing 6 would be satisfactory to people. they could also add a few more things like cosmetics since h5 will have it. I know some people will probably care less and believe me I’d like the game to be cheaper as I won’t have to pay as much lol but it hurts 343i’s ability on making content in the future if they were to discount the game. I’ll say if they were to do it then some of the fan base would be quite happy with them but still, it would hurt them, or at least that’s what I think. I’m not saying any of this as a fact, this is just my best educated opinion on what would happen in this situation. I’m not a business person or have knowledge in gaming business but this is just my guess on things.

Sorry, I shouldn’t have even said anything, because I honestly don’t care what they charge. No matter the price, I’m not going to buy Halo 5. It’s just more of what I’ve never liked about HR and H4

> 2533274923562209;2:
> only if you no longer want anymore halo games. they need the money to keep making them.

Do you honestly think Microsoft is going to run out of money to throw at 343? 343 could push out 10 halo games for free and it wouldn’t even put a dent in -Yoink!-'s pocket book.

> 2551369610346566;1:
> I play the Elder Scrolls online for PC when it first launched. The game was full of issues like the MCC, but after they got things hammered out, made the game Free-to-Play and had the console version slated for release.
> They offered those who bought the game near launch on PC the console version of the game for $20 as compensation.
>
> Seems like a fair trade off to me.

oh god wat

> 2533274793734669;6:
> > 2533274923562209;2:
> > only if you no longer want anymore halo games. they need the money to keep making them.
>
>
> Do you honestly think Microsoft is going to run out of money to throw at 343? 343 could push out 10 halo games for free and it wouldn’t even put a dent in -Yoink!-'s pocket book.

sorry but Microsoft would care. they want to make money. they’d never give anything out for free, even ten brand new halo games. also Microsoft has shut down other games that eventually just don’t make enough money. so if halo gets to that point they’ll do it and halo will no longer be in production period.

> 2533274923562209;8:
> > 2533274793734669;6:
> > > 2533274923562209;2:
> > > only if you no longer want anymore halo games. they need the money to keep making them.
> >
> >
> > Do you honestly think Microsoft is going to run out of money to throw at 343? 343 could push out 10 halo games for free and it wouldn’t even put a dent in -Yoink!-'s pocket book.
>
>
> sorry but Microsoft would care. they want to make money. they’d never give anything out for free, even ten brand new halo games. also Microsoft has shut down other games that eventually just don’t make enough money. so if halo gets to that point they’ll do it and halo will no longer be in production period.

You said need, not want. Obviously it’s a business so they want to make money. Even if they didn’t get any money from the games themselves, as long as it sells enough xboxes and live subscriptions, they could still be profiting. Not to mention the merchandise. Bands release their albums for free and still make money. Why couldn’t a game developer do that? But Microsoft could throw as much money as they would like at 343. The cost it takes to make a halo game isn’t even pennies to what Microsoft makes yearly.

> 2533274823519895;7:
> > 2551369610346566;1:
> > I play the Elder Scrolls online for PC when it first launched. The game was full of issues like the MCC, but after they got things hammered out, made the game Free-to-Play and had the console version slated for release.
> > They offered those who bought the game near launch on PC the console version of the game for $20 as compensation.
> >
> > Seems like a fair trade off to me.
>
>
> oh god wat

That was my reaction when I found out. Good on them.

First dlc should be free

> 2533274887613159;11:
> First dlc should be free

I think 343 should have a complimentary free DLC to buyers of Halo 5 who have played MCC.

Or give us Halo 5 early?

At this point I would take no less than a 100% discount

Only if Halo 5 launches with a lot of glitches and matchmaking issues.

I love elder scrolls online

Yikes…You guys sure are greedy,you want more and more.

If anything, it should be discounted for the people who bought MCC the day it came out. Not the people who bought a month or so later knowing full well all of the issues that were going on. I bought it at the midnight release and don’t really care if they discount anything. I’m still gonna buy it. Cause it’s Halo. Stop milking it.

> 2533274873627277;17:
> Yikes…You guys sure are greedy,you want more and more.

Greed has nothing to do with it. It would be righting a wrong done to the people who bought the broken MCC.

What we want is games that work. Not games that MIGHT work a year after they get released…

This half -blam- development is a cancer on the video game industry and needs to stop on all fronts not just 343I.

> 2551369610346566;19:
> > 2533274873627277;17:
> > Yikes…You guys sure are greedy,you want more and more.
>
>
> Greed has nothing to do with it. It would be righting a wrong done to the people who bought the broken MCC.
>
> What we want is games that work. Not games that MIGHT work a year after they get released…
>
> This half -blam- development is a cancer on the video game industry and needs to stop on all fronts not just 343I.

I agree. Its a shame to see what the gaming industry has become. Especially with the next gen consoles. Just insulting. At this point I have 0 interest in H5 and wont have any interest until TMCC is massively improved. “Working” ranked playlists, dedicated servers, 16 player BTB, and much more stable.