Disconnection Penalty is Overkill

So I was playing a Free For All match today at Onyx 1682, and I lag completely out of the game. I go and play a Warzone match, and I can come back and see that my CSR has dropped 30 points. That is literally ridiculous; people shouldn’t be punished so much over something they have so little control over. It takes at least two full games finishing first in one and either first or second in another to win back that amount of CSR; not even coming in last place under normal circumstances would punish a player so heavily. After that I had little to no motivation to continue ranking up in FFA; honestly it is just these little things that can be easily changed that dismay people the most with Halo. I understand if someone ragequits a game due to poor performance or the like, but something such as bad connection the penalty should not be so severe.

If anything it should be more severe. Quitting a game ruins it for your team mates, and overall makes the game less fun for ever. Yes I know in your case it was free for all, but, it should still apply for everything. 343 can’t control your internet quality. If your want to complain about being disconnected don’t come on here talk to your service provider.

> 2533274950162674;2:
> If anything it should be more severe. Quitting a game ruins it for your team mates, and overall makes the game less fun for ever. Yes I know in your case it was free for all, but, it should still apply for everything. 343 can’t control your internet quality. If your want to complain about being disconnected don’t come on here talk to your service provider.

It is not “quitting” the game, it is disconnecting. I don’t know what you mean by “makes the game less fun for ever” considering the games last a Maximum of 15 minutes (counting overtime). Perhaps you meant to say “less fun for everyone”, in which case I must point to the fact I was not intentionally quitting the game, and that I too would be having much more fun playing FFA normally than waiting to receive the severe CSR penalty. Besides that, why would you think making the penalty more severe help anything? Would you rather it take three entire games finishing in the winner’s circle to make up for one strange disconnection?

I agree. In this day and age, the game should be able to identify the difference between someone quitting and being lagged out.

And to counter the internet quality argument, I have a fiber optic network connected to my house and my Xbox is wired into the wall for internet. I lag extremely rarely, but I do get booted now and again from a lost connection. It happened to me twice this week to games I was doing very well in. Luckily, one of these games lagged everybody out at the same time so it didn’t count as a DNF, I still got a victory for it, but that’s besides the point. If I were in the OP’s shoes and I had the great internet quality that I do have, I’d be even MORE upset. Don’t get me wrong, a disconnection should still come with a slap on the wrist, but it shouldn’t be anywhere near the punishment of a quit.

> 2535468790032930;1:
> So I was playing a Free For All match today at Onyx 1682, and I lag completely out of the game. I go and play a Warzone match, and I can come back and see that my CSR has dropped 30 points. That is literally ridiculous; people shouldn’t be punished so much over something they have so little control over. It takes at least two full games finishing first in one and either first or second in another to win back that amount of CSR; not even coming in last place under normal circumstances would punish a player so heavily. After that I had little to no motivation to continue ranking up in FFA; honestly it is just these little things that can be easily changed that dismay people the most with Halo. I understand if someone ragequits a game due to poor performance or the like, but something such as bad connection the penalty should not be so severe.

How would they even track you disconnected instead of quitting

> 2533274950162674;2:
> If anything it should be more severe. Quitting a game ruins it for your team mates, and overall makes the game less fun for ever. Yes I know in your case it was free for all, but, it should still apply for everything. 343 can’t control your internet quality. If your want to complain about being disconnected don’t come on here talk to your service provider.

But it’s not the quality of his internet that’s the problem; it’s the quality of the Halo 5: Guardians’ servers that’s the main issue here.

> 2533274845430275;5:
> > 2535468790032930;1:
> > So I was playing a Free For All match today at Onyx 1682, and I lag completely out of the game. I go and play a Warzone match, and I can come back and see that my CSR has dropped 30 points. That is literally ridiculous; people shouldn’t be punished so much over something they have so little control over. It takes at least two full games finishing first in one and either first or second in another to win back that amount of CSR; not even coming in last place under normal circumstances would punish a player so heavily. After that I had little to no motivation to continue ranking up in FFA; honestly it is just these little things that can be easily changed that dismay people the most with Halo. I understand if someone ragequits a game due to poor performance or the like, but something such as bad connection the penalty should not be so severe.
>
>
> How would they even track you disconnected instead of quitting

Well for one, they could track if someone actually goes into the menu and presses the “leave game” option. I don’t know anything about coding, but I thought there was a way to tell the difference between a connection error and an intentionally terminated connection.

> 2533274950162674;2:

If the player a had long history of quitting then yes the penalty should be high but not if it’s not common, the servers are getting worse so really the penalty should be decreased.

> 2533274829873463;8:
> > 2533274950162674;2:
> > If anything it should be more severe. Quitting a game ruins it for your team mates, and overall makes the game less fun for ever. Yes I know in your case it was free for all, but, it should still apply for everything. 343 can’t control your internet quality. If your want to complain about being disconnected don’t come on here talk to your service provider.
>
>
> If the player a had long history of quitting then yes the penalty should be high but not if it’s not common, the servers are getting worse so really the penalty should be decreased.

Agreed. A one time disconnection should not lower a player’s CSR as much as it does; instead, maybe disconnection penalties could stack over a period of time (one arena season), and then they could be renewed.