disconnect from server. No internet issues

I keep disconnecting from the servers and I get an error message saying that my console has disconnected from the servers but I go to check my network settings and they’re perfectly fine. I have 300 mbp/s internet speed so that’s not an issue either. When experiencing this issue my console doesn’t disconnect from xbox live.

I would like to report a similar issue and request support to replace lost packs. I have lost one of each today: Legendary Area RP Boost and a Legendary Area XP Boost. If it was anything less than ‘Legendary’ i would probably ignore. I have been in contact with XBOX help chat for 45 minutes, they recommended I post here as the only solution (unfortunately my first post to this site). I was trying to play Big Team Battle and noticing very long queue times to start a game. Twice I was disconnected though and one time the game completely froze. I used one of those req’s each time. A couple battles in between worked fine when I was using lower-grade packs.

Update: I did a cold reset of xbox after unplugging power. One of the two req packs is back (Leg. XP boost) - but the Legendary RP Boost was not returned to me. That’s a really valuable one. Can the team help return that to me? Like Byoniqs, my internet speed is fine & I have no network connection issues.

> 2533274896179997;1:
> I keep disconnecting from the servers and I get an error message saying that my console has disconnected from the servers but I go to check my network settings and they’re perfectly fine. I have 300 mbp/s internet speed so that’s not an issue either. When experiencing this issue my console doesn’t disconnect from xbox live.

Unless there is an xbl outage, it is probably local. Connect via Ethernet and make sure your nat is set open.

> 2533275033825508;2:
> I would like to report a similar issue and request support to replace lost packs. I have lost one of each today: Legendary Area RP Boost and a Legendary Area XP Boost. If it was anything less than ‘Legendary’ i would probably ignore. I have been in contact with XBOX help chat for 45 minutes, they recommended I post here as the only solution (unfortunately my first post to this site). I was trying to play Big Team Battle and noticing very long queue times to start a game. Twice I was disconnected though and one time the game completely froze. I used one of those req’s each time. A couple battles in between worked fine when I was using lower-grade packs.
>
> Update: I did a cold reset of xbox after unplugging power. One of the two req packs is back (Leg. XP boost) - but the Legendary RP Boost was not returned to me. That’s a really valuable one. Can the team help return that to me? Like Byoniqs, my internet speed is fine & I have no network connection issues.

Sometimes it takes overnight for your boosts to come back. I offer you the same advice as the op.

I have Ethernet but a cold reset of my modem solved the issue surprisingly. I check my network repeatedly beforehand and my nat was open 100% of the time along with my internet speed being perfect. But my solution was a cold reset of my modem. It didn’t act this way until the cable company remotely reset my modem to fix the phone line but another reset fixed it. Hopefully that helps anyone else