Disc read errors for Halo 4 incoming?

After some xbox firmware updates, I started getting disc read errors for Reach (campaign) and ODST (campaign). All other games + multiplayer for Reach and ODST were fine, but the firmware updates made playing the campaigns impossible.

They were HUGE problems with massive threads for both games.

Guessing 343i wont repeat, but I wonder if using the same engine will cause issues with the disc reading algorithm?

Just a question, do you take care of your disks?

All mine work fine.

No issues with mine << O_O >>

No problems here as well.

Although I must admit I scratched my CE and H2 Limited Edition disks to death by playing them FAR too much back on my good old bulky Xbox.
But on my 360…nah, never had problems like that. So I guess that’s something on your side OP, might want to take care of your disks a bit better perhaps?

> No issues with mine << O_O >>

Quoted for the Face thing

> No problems here as well.
>
> Although I must admit I scratched my CE and H2 Limited Edition disks to death by playing them FAR too much back on my good old bulky Xbox.
> But on my 360…nah, never had problems like that. So I guess that’s something on your side OP, might want to take care of your disks a bit better perhaps?

i’ve been playing reach for 2 years practically none stop, hardly any visible scratches on the disc from such heavy use …

my halo 3 disc how ever got eaten up to the point it snapped in half, might be the xbox, reach been 2 years on the slim while halo 3 was on the original 360, or, because reach was installed and halo 3 wasn’t.

make sure your xbox is on a sturdy surface.

I went through 3 H2 2 Assasins Creeds and 2 Xbox’x before I realised…

I know there was an issue with Reach’s multiplayer not working but I think you just had to have enough space, like most people stated it sounds like your discs are scrarched, or possibly a problem with your xbox, like Pink Punisher said try putting it on a sturdier surface. And hey if it is your xbox its a good excuse to convince mom, dad, whoever to get you the halo 4 one!

Also welcome to the forums.

The title of the thread is a little misleading.

Take care of your discs and make sure they are put back their boxes.