Disc 2 Install Question

For all the people who have were able to get copies of this game early, I have a question.

How do you go about installing the second disk? Can you just put in disc 2 from the dashboard, install it, then proceed to put in disc 1 and play as you normally would?

Or do you have to put in disc 1 first, select the multiplayer and when prompted to do so, put in disc 2 and it will install the files?

I was just wondering because I wanted to take care of this install as quickly as possible once I get the game tomorrow and get on with Halo 4! :smiley:

Thanks in advance, everyone!

you can put disc 2 in first. Start it up. It will prompt you to install.

While it install browse the forums, should not take long.

After installation just pop that disc out and put disc 1 in tray. then enjoy.

optional: you can also install disc 1 to HDD for faster load times (recommended).

put disc 2 in, it will run as normal and is programmed to install to hard drive or save device itself, after you direct it to where I assume.

After it has installed it may prompt for disk 1 to be put in, after that it can all be reached from disk 1.

If you have played Forza 3 and 4 think of it like that with installing the extra cars.

it’s not stupid like Battlefield 3 which you need to swap disks so don’t worry.

You put in disk 2, “play game” you cant install from dashboard.

Then it loads title screen, only option is Install disk 2.

Wait 5 mins and see some lovely pictures.

When complete you can pop in disk one and gogo. Though i would install disk one as the game makes your xbox sound pretty loud!

EDIT: Faster typers win:))

What is the second disc even for?

> you can put disc 2 in first. Start it up. It will prompt you to install.
>
> While it install browse the forums, should not take long.
>
> After installation just pop that disc out and put disc 1 in tray. then enjoy.
>
> optional: you can also install disc 1 to HDD for faster load times (recommended).

Great! Thanks for the reply. And yeah, I will definitely also be installing disc 1 too. Given that this will be the only FPS game I will be playing for a long time, might as well get it on there.

> What is the second disc even for?

includes war games and spartan ops content

> What is the second disc even for?

Everything that isn’t campaign.

I would like to thank the OP for asking this question, for those like myself who were wondering. :slight_smile:

I was also wondering if im going to install both disks, which one do i install first? does it matter?

> I would like to thank the OP for asking this question, for those like myself who were wondering. :slight_smile:

No problem, buddy. I figured there would be other people like myself who were wondering about this but just didn’t want to ask for whatever reason. As long as it helped one other person, then I consider it a successful question.

Now if im going to jump right in campaign do i need to waiste my time with the second disk.

> Now if im going to jump right in campaign do i need to waiste my time with the second disk.

I doubt it, it may ask you to install it at some point though.