Disc 2 Install Clarity (Read for hard facts)

The multiplayer is only 4gb!

“Halo Infinity Multiplayer
4 GB available storage space required. Minimum 8GB USB Flash Drive or Xbox 360 Hard Drive required. (For Xbox 360 4GB, Arcade and Core consoles, Xbox 360 Hard Drive sold separately.)”

At least an 8gb “Flash Drive” is required - because there is nothing in between 4gb and 8gb drives, 8gb is the next step up, and a drive always needs some working space, so a 4gb drive isn’t enough - OR an xbox 360 hard drive (no such thing as a xbox hdd under 4gb, arcade 4gb flash memory is not a hdd)

Source

Thanks to yeskezspanem for the below info

> To clear things up further, you do not play MP with disc 2. Disc 2 is only the download for the 10 WG and 3 Forge maps. You will have access to the MP on disc 1. This is because the 360 discs can’t store that much info in them and 343 did not want people to keep switching discs.

Disc 2 also contains the first season of Spartan Ops, which is installed along with the MM data.

It looks like we only need 4 gbs of 8 gb for installation.

correct

Omg, this is great news… won’t need to delete half my stuff from my HDD then.

Thanks for the info!

2.5 is wargames and 1.5 is SpOps, to be precise. This was confirmed a few weeks ago by pirates. Good topic though, hopefully it’ll help some of the confusion.

EDIT:Thanks for changing the color. Orange is hella hard on the eyes. >.<

Now, it makes a little more sense. I wonder how much gbs are in the playable disc, and the total gbs remains unknown for a little bit longer.

> 2.5 is wargames and 1.5 is SpOps, to be precise. This was confirmed a few weeks ago by pirates. Good topic though, hopefully it’ll help some of the confusion.
>
>
>
> EDIT:Thanks for changing the color. Orange is hella hard on the eyes. >.<

I keep seeing heaps of threads about it, so i figured I’d help some peeps out!

lol and yeah it hurt my eyes too!!

> Now, it makes a little more sense. I wonder how much gbs are in the playable disc, and the total gbs remains unknown for a little bit longer.

I’m guessing disc one will be full(7.6gb). It doesn’t make much sense not to maximize the content on the first disc.

That’s good, even though I have way more than enough space, I still try to save as much as possible.

Hope it helps a few people who were worried about this :slight_smile:

Ahh, so the LE FUD is download, not stream? Good.

OP: This doesn’t really affect me but thanks. I’ve seen people on here claiming you’ll need a 12GB memory for the same reason you actually need 8GB. Oh well, it wasn’t their fault. My 250GB HDD will be fine with it though :wink:

> > EDIT:Thanks for changing the color. Orange is hella hard on the eyes. >.<
>
> I keep seeing heaps of threads about it, so i figured I’d help some peeps out!
>
> lol and yeah it hurt my eyes too!!

Still hard to read, so I didn’t bother reading it. Resist the temptation to be cute when it’s just going to annoy people. :wink:

Q:“Hi I bought the NetfliXbox that didn’t come with a hard drive and now I want to play a game that takes space WHAT DO?!?!?!?”

A:“Buy the hard drive.”

I’m still removing everything related to BF3(That stupid game takes me almost 20 Gb)

> > > EDIT:Thanks for changing the color. Orange is hella hard on the eyes. >.<
> >
> > I keep seeing heaps of threads about it, so i figured I’d help some peeps out!
> >
> > lol and yeah it hurt my eyes too!!
>
> Still hard to read, so I didn’t bother reading it. Resist the temptation to be cute when it’s just going to annoy people. :wink:

Wasn’t trying to be cute, or anything of the like, just making sure the quote and my addition are seen as separate.
Edit: regardless, I’ve changed the colour again now haha

To clear things up further, you do not play MP with disc 2. Disc 2 is only the download for the 10 WG and 3 Forge maps. You will have access to the MP on disc 1. This is because the 360 discs can’t store that much info in them and 343 did not want people to keep switching discs.

Hope this helped.

> To clear things up further, you do not play MP with disc 2. Disc 2 is only the download for the 10 WG and 3 Forge maps. You will have access to the MP on disc 1. This is because the 360 discs can’t store that much info in them and 343 did not want people to keep switching discs.
>
> Hope this helped.

I was about to ask this, thank you, I hate the swapping disks thing it is so irritating.

Added to the OP, thanks!

Sorry I’m having minor difficulties in understanding this, so when I pick up Halo 4 at midnight I have to sit down and wait for 4gb to install in order to play multiplayer, correct?

> Sorry I’m having minor difficulties in understanding this, so when I pick up Halo 4 at midnight I have to sit down and wait for 4gb to install in order to play multiplayer, correct?

Correct