Disappointed in this one!

I know what 343 was trying to do, but I would have loved it if they changed the gameplay too. This is basically just updated graphics, nothing else, and I think it’s kind of stupid that I payed 40 Euro’s for it! The graphical improvement is awesome, but that’s all.

what did you think it was supposed to be? the whole point of it was to remaster it and port it to the 360. if they added new gameplay then it wouldnt be a remake of ce.

I was disappointed too.

There are better alternatives out there (CMT, Project Lumoria) but Anniversary was still done well. I wouldn’t have been so biased against it if it’s skulls were more interesting and if we could turn on/off skulls without restarting the level.

And actually, it does have a few gameplay changes:

-collision
-Banshee fuel rod bomb
-no real time reflection

It’s just more subtle.

343i said the whole point of this remake is to bring back classic gameplay and enhance it leaving the game untouched. Thats why the pistol and shotgun are overpowered, and thats why the sniper rifle has no recoil.

It was known well enough before this game shipped that Halo CEA just a graphic enhancement with skulls added. Personally, I wish it was a complete remake myself because some of problems in that game like clipping objects and Reach-designed Elite renders squished into smaller CE models left a bland taste in my mouth.

Maybe in another 10 years we’ll see a true remake?

The levels are beautiful, I give them that. I just don’t see why they couldn’t put the extra month’s work in to NOT USE REACH MODELS.

You apparently didn’t do your research. What CEA was suppose to be was an updated version of CE. That’s all it ever was.

I loved it

> I loved it

I do too. A true Halo player wouldn’t whine over the graphics or controls.

My only complaint with CEA is how poorly the lip-synching was done in the remastered cutscenes.

Do your research before buying.

343i said long before release that their goal was to deliver as much of a classic experience as possible. They promised the would not touch the original engine to bring a classic gameplay experience almost exactly on par with the original. Thinking they would do otherwise was your fault.

> Do your research before buying.
>
> 343i said long before release that their goal was to deliver as much of a classic experience as possible. They promised the would not touch the original engine to bring a classic gameplay experience almost exactly on par with the original. Thinking they would do otherwise was your fault.

This ^

before release they constantly talkt about this

> I know what 343 was trying to do, but I would have loved it if they changed the gameplay too. This is basically just updated graphics, nothing else, and I think it’s kind of stupid that I payed 40 Euro’s for it! The graphical improvement is awesome, but that’s all.

That was the whole point; to keep the game largely unaltered from the original game. Of course you have the terminals (fully voiced and animated), skulls, updated graphics, and achievements but no one ever notices those new additions to CE (which weren’t there before).

Trust me, the fanbase would be raging hardcore if 343 decided to put AAs, bloom, changing the level design, made the game easier etc. 343 made it clear VERY early on during CE:As production that they wouldn’t -Yoink- with CE too much nor did they EVER promise to bring back it’s MP (since Reach was the primary focus back then).

Next time, do some research before you decide to throw money carelessly at game companies. Think before you jump feet first into hell (or in this case, Halo).

you also get a free map pack so and avatar armor. and an extra 1000 gamerscore. the map pack and the avatar armor together would have cost $13 by themselves so be happy plus you can always get everything. and then return it to get some cash back.