Disable party chat for Ranked TS

I love using party chat to talk to friends and not listen to kids screaming in MP, but, with Team Slayer, when playing for the win and every one is in party chat, its pretty impossible to work as a team, So should halo 5, enforce a mandatory game chat in Team Slayer similar to how COD does in its ground wars playlist and not let you load up the playlist if it recognizes youre in a party chat.

Now this shouldnt happen in every playlist of course. But in the very least, Team Slayer

Awful idea.

> 2533274833977572;2:
> Awful idea.

How so? It will encourage people to actually communicate and play as a team rather than lone wolfing.

i think this is a great idea and it is something that should be introduced into mcc aswell

Party chat should be disabled in any ranked playlist. The roots of Halo involve trashing talking(goes all the way back to Halo CE lans). I understand some people have had a bad experience or are particularly fragile, but Halo 2 and Halo 3 were best when there was no filter. I know that sometimes you can get an annoying teammate, a kid, or a rude one, but having communication is vital.

Back in the Halo 2 heyday a random team of 4 with mics would almost always beat a random team with no mics even if the mic less team was composed of better players.

I’m fine with party chat being enabled in social playlists(non-ranked playlists) since they are meant to be fun instead of competitive. Unfortunately Woodstar 22 this idea has been suggested before. Most likely even a moderator will come and say, “if I can’t use party chat I won’t play ranked games.” These particular people are afraid of being made fun of for being bad. To the people that say, “well I’m a girl and the internet is mean to me” you can always unplug your mic so your teammates won’t know if this really is an issue. You might say “what is the difference if I unplug my mic compared to party chat.” In party chat all communication is lost. A player that has unplugged their mic can still hear call outs and formulated strategies. So party chat means no communication verse 1 way communication with no mic. Since competitive ranked playlists are filled with people that want to improve and test their skills a party chat user is detrimental to the rest of the team.

If I am forced out of party chat, then I will mute everyone in the lobby, mute my mic, and skype the people I was in party with. Nice try though. :slight_smile:

> 2533274822366750;6:
> If I am forced out of party chat, then I will mute everyone in the lobby, mute my mic, and skype the people I was in party with. Nice try though. :slight_smile:

Then, you’re clearly not a team player and should play social playlists.

@Halcyon, i agree with what you’re saying, but this is something that needs adding in. If people refuse to play ranked due to not being able to use party chat, thats fine, at least those who will play, will be willing to communicate and form strategies to play for the win.
If players are bad, thats fine too, with the correct strategies/team work, bad players can turn things around and get better.

Prepare for the thousands of complaints that people are too mean to them and they need to talk to their friends in party chat (because they don’t know how to use the -Yoinking!- mute feature) while mindlessly running around the map, not calling out, and not receiving any information about weapons, powerups, or enemy spawns.

/rant

> 2602973356072471;7:
> > 2533274822366750;6:
> > If I am forced out of party chat, then I will mute everyone in the lobby, mute my mic, and skype the people I was in party with. Nice try though. :slight_smile:
>
>
> Then, you’re clearly not a team player and should play social playlists.
>
> @Halcyon, i agree with what you’re saying, but this is something that needs adding in. If people refuse to play ranked due to not being able to use party chat, thats fine, at least those who will play, will be willing to communicate and form strategies to play for the win.
> If players are bad, thats fine too, with the correct strategies/team work, bad players can turn things around and get better.

I’m all for this, but party chat is unlikely to be removed. Most of the people on my friendlists were people I could communicate with. Xbox Live got less social with the inclusion of party chat.

I agree completely if a player doesn’t want to communicate with their team they aren’t a team player. A player that doesn’t want to communicate should be in non-ranked games or FFA.

> 2602973356072471;7:
> > 2533274822366750;6:
> > If I am forced out of party chat, then I will mute everyone in the lobby, mute my mic, and skype the people I was in party with. Nice try though. :slight_smile:
>
>
> Then, you’re clearly not a team player and should play social playlists.
>
> @Halcyon, i agree with what you’re saying, but this is something that needs adding in. If people refuse to play ranked due to not being able to use party chat, thats fine, at least those who will play, will be willing to communicate and form strategies to play for the win.
> If players are bad, thats fine too, with the correct strategies/team work, bad players can turn things around and get better.

Nah, I think I will stay in the competitive playlists, and not communicate with people spamming music into their mics, foul mouthed extroverts, children who can not keep every thought to themselves, narcissistic tryhards, or those without mics. Sorry buddy, but those good ol’ social days are not coming back, as much as I want them to, the community simply has gathered the most annoying parts of humanity, and that is simply it.

> 2533274822366750;10:
> > 2602973356072471;7:
> >
>
>
> Nah, I think I will stay in the competitive playlists, and not communicate with people spamming music into their mics, foul mouthed extroverts, children who can not keep every thought to themselves, narcissistic tryhards, or those without mics. Sorry buddy, but those good ol’ social days are not coming back, as much as I want them to, the community simply has gathered the most annoying parts of humanity, and that is simply it.

So instead of waiting to see how the people you get matched up with act, just assume they’re all -Yoinks!- and mute everyone. Then, proceed to be blissfully ignorant of your surroundings, not communicating at all, and receiving no information. Yup, other people are the problem.

You can go in ranked as much as you’d like, but I’m not sure why you’d bother.

> 2533274822366750;10:
> > 2602973356072471;7:
> > > 2533274822366750;6:
> > > If I am forced out of party chat, then I will mute everyone in the lobby, mute my mic, and skype the people I was in party with. Nice try though. :slight_smile:
> >
> >
> >
> > Then, you’re clearly not a team player and should play social playlists.
> >
> > @Halcyon, i agree with what you’re saying, but this is something that needs adding in. If people refuse to play ranked due to not being able to use party chat, thats fine, at least those who will play, will be willing to communicate and form strategies to play for the win.
> > If players are bad, thats fine too, with the correct strategies/team work, bad players can turn things around and get better.
>
>
> Nah, I think I will stay in the competitive playlists, and not communicate with people spamming music into their mics, foul mouthed extroverts, children who can not keep every thought to themselves, narcissistic tryhards, or those without mics. Sorry buddy, but those good ol’ social days are not coming back, as much as I want them to, the community simply has gathered the most annoying parts of humanity, and that is simply it.

So you go ahead accusing people of being -Yoinks!- with a response like that. You say you want the social days to return, yet refuse to communicate with your team. How hypocritical.

> 2533274913448583;11:
> > 2533274822366750;10:
> > > 2602973356072471;7:
> > >
>
>
> So instead of waiting to see how the people you get matched up with act, just assume they’re all -Yoinks!- and mute everyone. Then, proceed to be blissfully ignorant of your surroundings, not communicating at all, and receiving no information. Yup, other people are the problem.
>
> You can go in ranked as much as you’d like, but I’m not sure why you’d bother.

As a loner, I had to make do without communication, and in my efforts, have been able to come up with strategies to cope with such disadvantages. It isn’t so hard.

> 2602973356072471;12:
> > 2533274822366750;10:
> > > 2602973356072471;7:
> > >
>
>
> So you go ahead accusing people of being -Yoinks!- with a response like that. You say you want the social days to return, yet refuse to communicate with your team. How hypocritical.

If my team wants my support, then they can start being more competent in terms of personality. Till then, they get nothing, it is a rather fair trade.

No thanks.

I’d rather have proximity voice chat back #proxchatmasterace

If they bring back ranked and social playlists, then disable it in ranked. Leave it available in social.

I think this is a great idea!

I actually always tell my teammates to get out of Party Chat so that they can use in-game Voice indicators. This was very helpful in Halo 2 back in the days. If your teammate is talking, their on screen indicator should illuminate to WHITE. For example, if my teammate is screaming I GOT 2 ON ME!!! Then I can tell who is saying that by navigating towards the indicator that seems to be talking (flashing white)…

Furthermore, on INDICATORS: If they are firing their weapon, their on-screen indacator should be YELLOW and if they are taking damage then it shall be RED. This is also very helpful for the deaf community.

> 2533274822366750;13:
> > 2533274913448583;11:
> > > 2533274822366750;10:
> > > > 2602973356072471;7:
> > > >
> >
> >
> >
> > So instead of waiting to see how the people you get matched up with act, just assume they’re all -Yoinks!- and mute everyone. Then, proceed to be blissfully ignorant of your surroundings, not communicating at all, and receiving no information. Yup, other people are the problem.
> >
> > You can go in ranked as much as you’d like, but I’m not sure why you’d bother.
>
>
> As a loner, I had to make do without communication, and in my efforts, have been able to come up with strategies to cope with such disadvantages. It isn’t so hard.

There is a difference between being at a disadvantage and creating a disadvantage.

Example: Being in a 1v1 fight in the open with a player with better aim is a disadvantage. Alternatively fighting with an smg on one of the blood gulch variants against a sniper on a ridge is a disadvantage.

Example: being in a 1v1 fight when the opponent is using a br and you have a br/needler and you choose to fight with the needler. You are creating a disadvantage. Alternatively playing a sport and refusing advice from a coach is creating a disadvantage.

By refusing to communicate with your team you are creating a disadvantage for yourself and the rest of the team. There is no reason others should suffer from your own forced limitations. I understand you don’t enjoy the Halo community, but you are handicapping others for no reason. This is why social should allow party chat and ranked playlists need to remove party chat.

> 2737679237777606;19:
> > 2533274822366750;13:
> > > 2533274913448583;11:
> > >
>
>
>
> There is a difference between being at a disadvantage and creating a disadvantage.
>
> Example: Being in a 1v1 fight in the open with a player with better aim is a disadvantage. Alternatively fighting with an smg on one of the blood gulch variants against a sniper on a ridge is a disadvantage.
>
> Example: being in a 1v1 fight when the opponent is using a br and you have a br/needler and you choose to fight with the needler. You are creating a disadvantage. Alternatively playing a sport and refusing advice from a coach is creating a disadvantage.
>
> By refusing to communicate with your team you are creating a disadvantage for yourself and the rest of the team. There is no reason others should suffer from your own forced limitations. I understand you don’t enjoy the Halo community, but you are handicapping others for no reason. This is why social should allow party chat and ranked playlists need to remove party chat.

And my teams incompetent behavior creates a disadvantage, so maybe they should work on their etiquette before I even consider speaking a word to them. And if ranked blocks party, then again, I will mute everything and skype my friends instead. If that troubles my team mates, then they can just deal with it.