Direction of Halo

Halo, is going in different direction which alot of core halo players dont want ( including myself ). Halo is closing skill gaps to accommodate even the lower level of skilled players to give them even standing ground. They have increased grenade blast radius ( avoidable by thrust if your lucky ), increased bullet magnetism
( strafing is almost useless now ), Spartans now call out ( just eliminates chats for all anti social people ), Auto stabilization ( Too give un-coordinate people the ability to jump shot ), Ground Pound/Shoulder Charger ( To me are useless ). Halo 5 is improvement of Halo 4 and Step back from Reach I am getting Halo 5 I like it to a point. What is getting me that the population is dropping so much from these changes. You can go to my service record and see I played alot of Halo before Reach. I wasn’t into Halo 4 just cause of all the changes they did to draw players in. Halo 3 on launch had 1 million players dropped down to 450K after CoD 4 then went to stable 250K for 3 straight years until Reach. After that the population of Microsoft’s soul exclusive and cash cow is dying. Everyone says all the 343 fan boys killing Halo or the Bungie fan boy’s killing Halo. The constant AR vs BR arguments how it just a camp fest. It’s all this negativity that is killing Halo. Doesn’t matter if the game is AR or BR starts just play with what you got and move on. A player can have the most powerful weapon in the game doesn’t mean he/she is going to get a kill with it. We as a community just need to work together and quit the -Yoinking!-. I’ve done my fair share of it. I’m over it, lets work together instead of against each other for a greater good. I’m speaking for myself not for anyone else.

Game Hard Fellow Spartans

You are right. The death of halo can only be contributed to its own fan base. They want nothing more than to play 1.5, 2.5, or 3.5. I guess this is why CoD is so successful because its the same damn game over and over again. I have played a lot of this beta and this is by far the most fun halo game I have played in a very long time but people still refuse to accept it and want it to go back to the same old halo we had 10 years ago.

Really. There are so many arguments on here that are misunderstood. People that say that sprint is bad, are saying this, because sprint requires the maps to be bigger. People who say that BR starts are bad, really mean that BR’s cause the game to be more defensive compared to the AR starts of week one where players could be aggressive. When people say they want the game to be more like the old games this just means that they want to be able to play aggressively, and that the classic guns should feel the way they always have. A lot of this is a super unorganized load of misunderstanding and restating the same thing.

> 2533274950604834;2:
> You are right. The death of halo can only be contributed to its own fan base. They want nothing more than to play 1.5, 2.5, or 3.5. I guess this is why CoD is so successful because its the same damn game over and over again. I have played a lot of this beta and this is by far the most fun halo game I have played in a very long time but people still refuse to accept it and want it to go back to the same old halo we had 10 years ago.

I’m not gonna sit here and straight up lie. I still prefer it go back to the old ways but just add small things. I can live with thrusts,ground pound, and shoulder charge. I’m not a fan of sprint or this ADS system they wanna call “smart scoping” dont piss in my face and tell me its rain…I do agree this is the most fun halo in a long time…took 5 years to get it close…if they just step back a little more it could be better

> 2533274836815839;3:
> Really. There are so many arguments on here that are misunderstood. People that say that sprint is bad, are saying this, because sprint requires the maps to be bigger. People who say that BR starts are bad, really mean that BR’s cause the game to be more defensive compared to the AR starts of week one where players could be aggressive. When people say they want the game to be more like the old games this just means that they want to be able to play aggressively, and that the classic guns should feel the way they always have. A lot of this is a super unorganized load of misunderstanding and restating the same thing.

I totally get where you are coming and understand 100%, I prefer BR starts, I love the BR I can play whatever style I want. I can push I can play defense. I can support. Soo many option in which I can play. I dont like sprint, but I will live I only use it to run off my spawn and I dont use it anymore. Thrust works just fine for closing gaps when jumping. I just some organization and have people come together and meet in the middle so we all can be happy playing Halo again. I just want to play Halo. Its obvious Halo will never be the same after 3, Bungie made sure of that. This game took a HUGE jump in gameplay for most people.

idk… I embraced Reach and gave Halo 4 a fair shake. Never was I able to make up my mind so quickly on a Halo title. It isn’t what I look for in a Halo title. No biggie. I got over loosing the series when my friends list ditched Halo 4.

> 2661949065465166;6:
> idk… I embraced Reach and gave Halo 4 a fair shake. Never was I able to make up my mind so quickly on a Halo title. It isn’t what I look for in a Halo title. No biggie. I got over loosing the series when my friends list ditched Halo 4.

I gave Halo 4 a chance when it first drop.I heard BR was coming back and all this extra jazz…I was pumped…but when I finally got it…I was like…This is it…This is all I get…I will give 343 one thing…I fuhking loved me some Ricochet! Only good game type 343 made

> TTUVAPOR
>
> Last night and Friday night, I logged in more time than I ever have with the beta. The starting weapon set is making the game fun, and in my opinion, really determines the overall fun of the game, at least for matchmaking’s sake. I don’t want to have to depend on custom games to get enjoyment out of Halo…I’ve been doing that since Halo 2 because of Bungie’s stubbornness to allow Halo to be played like CE, which in my humble opinion is what defines Halo, you know this though :wink:
>
> The AR/BR start is essentially Halo CE, though the TTK is obviously slower than Halo CE, it’s at least better than Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 4 (I don’t count Reach, it was an abomination).
>
> For people complaining about the AR, you have to honestly look at the grand scheme of things. The AR should be a useful weapon and it should be a weapon that kills at close to medium range, IT HAS TO DO THIS. Otherwise, what’s the point of it? If close quarters combat is gonna rely solely on the shotgun and not full autos…I think we’re being silly.
>
> I can’t count how many times last night I was switching back and forth from BR to AR depend on the range I was at. It makes the game very fast paced.
>
> Furthermore, I’ve been dropping my BR for the DMR almost every chance I get because the DMR destroys the BR at range…it’s amazing. The light rifle, so awesome when zoomed in, becomes a three-shot kill.
>
> If I were to count how many people played Halo CE multiplayer today from back in the Xbox days…it’s probably less than 5% of the current Halo population that plays Halo. 90% of Halo players today got their start with either Halo 2, Halo 3, or Halo 4. They’re used to having the BR start gametype, because they don’t know any better.
>
> With MCC out, I suggest people go play as much Halo CE as possible to get an understanding of why the AR/BR start is vital to Halo 5.
>
> I think many people have never played Halo CE for any length of time, they sit on these forums and spout -Yoink- that’s nonsense, and if they would just go play HCE on MCC, for at least 20-30 matches, I feel their opinions would drastically change.
>
> Hence why I laugh when people think it’s stupid to have 30 second spawning sniper rifles…go play Halo CE Damnation and come back and talk. People need to educate themselves first before spouting such ridiculous claims.
>
> Halo 5 is good in its current state, mostly because of the starting weapon set allowing you to truly defend yourself at all ranges like HCE…but I fear -Yoink- will get nerfed because little jimmy random can’t hack it in Halo 5.
>
> I’ll proudly admit, I thought Halo 5 was crap prior to the AR/BR start. The BR/Pistol start wasn’t much better, thought it was better than the AR/Pistol start…now the AR/BR start makes the game enjoyable.
>
> The weapons on the map need to be worth it to pick up, they need to be so different and good that it’s worth it to drop your starting weapons to pick them up.
>
> However, the starting weapons can’t be so bad that you’re FORCED to pick up weapons on the map.
>
> The pickups on the map need to give you a slight advantage, but they shouldn’t be guarantees to get you kills.
>
> That’s called balance.

found this on halo gaf

> TTUVAPOR
>
> Alright guys, time for the 180…but it’s all dependent on power ups on static timers like the power weapons.
>
> Pegasus, holy -Yoink-…this is -Yoinking!- Halo. The map feels like Quake with its ramps, levels and atriums…my god I’m in love with this map.
>
> There is a pillar that’s to the right of the rocket spawn area, you can jump normally I think to it, but sprinting and thrust jumping helps you get to it better, that’s a perfect placement for a camo or overshield.
>
> Pegasus has rockets and snipe…two powerful weapons, and I’d argue the light rifle is also a power weapon, when zoomed in, on that map, holy -Yoink- it’s amazing, three-shot kill I believe?
>
> Man, I’m giddy for this map.
>
> On top of this amazing map, the starting weapons, please do not change them for full release, across the board, default weapons need to be AR/BR…hands down it’s pretty much perfect. Though I think the pistol was awesome, maybe it can be a vital pick up on the map, but it needs to be something like a three-shot kill, it needs to kill faster than a BR or AR but not have the range of a BR…when scoped.
>
> Seriously, I’d buy Halo 5 right now if all it was was Pegasus 24.7
>
> Throw those powerups on the map…and it’s golden. I’m thinking the rockets spawn 60 seconds or 90 seconds, I can’t tell, as well as the snipe, it seemed like a 2 min static spawn, and for a map like that with the lines of sight, I’d agree it needs a longer spawn time, 2 mins is good. The rockets should spawn every 60 seconds though, that way on the second min when the snipe spawns, there will also be another rocket up for grabs.
>
> If anyone wants to play some games, add me, TTU VAPOR.
>
> Even Truth feels good with the AR/BR start. And I don’t know of it’s placebo or what but the DMR feels like it fires faster.
>
> I’d like to know if 343 can tweak the weapons via server-side without releasing a client patch because if they can tweak it on the fly, that would be awesome, that way we have continuous balance in the weapons.
>
> Pegasus and some powerups, I think we’re almost there folks. God it feels like Quake, you guys have no idea.
>
> Further more, Pegasus has a Hang’em High feeling to it…amazing, we just need camo and OS!!!

this roo

Halo 5 by far has so much potential to be great. It added some features that are nice and interesting and some people can get accustomed to. Like if you don’t like to sprint everywhere don’t. If you don’t like the auto stabilizers, turn them off. The ground pound in my opinion is the only thing that is somewhat bothersome, because it is mapped to the crouch button, but the said they would remap it already, even though there really isn’t any room.

Obviously it is just a beta, but we need to be organized in what we need/want from 343i for it to be great for everyone. My Sole issue with the game, is the hitboxes/bullet magnetism and the ttk. That is it in all honesty.

> 2533274836815839;10:
> Halo 5 by far has so much potential to be great. It added some features that are nice and interesting and some people can get accustomed to. Like if you don’t like to sprint everywhere don’t. If you don’t like the auto stabilizers, turn them off. The ground pound in my opinion is the only thing that is somewhat bothersome, because it is mapped to the crouch button, but the said they would remap it already, even though there really isn’t any room.
>
> Obviously it is just a beta, but we need to be organized in what we need/want from 343i for it to be great for everyone. My Sole issue with the game, is the hitboxes/bullet magnetism and the ttk. That is it in all honesty.

Couldnt agree more with what you said. The Hit box really piss me off even when I’m winning…Ill no-scope kids across the map and its insistent head shot

> 2533274831465650;11:
> > 2533274836815839;10:
> > Halo 5 by far has so much potential to be great. It added some features that are nice and interesting and some people can get accustomed to. Like if you don’t like to sprint everywhere don’t. If you don’t like the auto stabilizers, turn them off. The ground pound in my opinion is the only thing that is somewhat bothersome, because it is mapped to the crouch button, but the said they would remap it already, even though there really isn’t any room.
> >
> > Obviously it is just a beta, but we need to be organized in what we need/want from 343i for it to be great for everyone. My Sole issue with the game, is the hitboxes/bullet magnetism and the ttk. That is it in all honesty.
>
>
> Couldnt agree more with what you said. The Hit box really piss me off even when I’m winning…Ill no-scope kids across the map and its insistent head shot

Its funny how that works for you and not for me haha. But I probably have only gotten the magnetism to work once or twice for me, the weird thing about the magnetism is that it isn’t consistent at all, and firing lower adds more magnetism, that firing level. I’ve been saying that I think they used Elite hitboxes instead of Spartans, it would explain the lower headshots lol

> 2533274836815839;12:
> > 2533274831465650;11:
> > > 2533274836815839;10:
> > > Halo 5 by far has so much potential to be great. It added some features that are nice and interesting and some people can get accustomed to. Like if you don’t like to sprint everywhere don’t. If you don’t like the auto stabilizers, turn them off. The ground pound in my opinion is the only thing that is somewhat bothersome, because it is mapped to the crouch button, but the said they would remap it already, even though there really isn’t any room.
> > >
> > > Obviously it is just a beta, but we need to be organized in what we need/want from 343i for it to be great for everyone. My Sole issue with the game, is the hitboxes/bullet magnetism and the ttk. That is it in all honesty.
> >
> >
> >
> > Couldnt agree more with what you said. The Hit box really piss me off even when I’m winning…Ill no-scope kids across the map and its insistent head shot
>
>
> Its funny how that works for you and not for me haha. But I probably have only gotten the magnetism to work once or twice for me, the weird thing about the magnetism is that it isn’t consistent at all, and firing lower adds more magnetism, that firing level. I’ve been saying that I think they used Elite hitboxes instead of Spartans, it would explain the lower headshots lol

Idk, I might be just lucky then. I dont even have to aim for the head in this game with the BR its always a headshot. Bunch of the mechanics throw this game and in a sense make it broke