Different Way to Campaign - Call to Action!

Some of you folks may have already seen the Waypoint videos under the banner of “A Different Way to Campaign,” but for the sake of those who have not, let me give you the skinny: The folks at Waypoint LOVE Halo’s campaigns, but something we love even more than the normal, run-of-the-mill playthrough of a mission is when we do it DIFFERENTLY.

Yeah, you know what I’m talking about. We play through the campaign using unorthodox rules or strategies. We tackle encounters with specific goals in mind, leveraging Halo’s incredible sandbox to experience the game in a completely different light.

For those who haven’t seen the ones we’ve done in Reach thus far, here they are:

To cap off this season of DWTC, we’d like to make a montage of Halo fans pulling off the initiatives of any or all of these videos. Want to be featured in a Waypoint video? Want to show off you talents in the field of unconvential warfare? Here’s your chance. Tag your film “dwtc” or post a link to a clip of footage showing you and/or your friends going through one of the above (or upcoming) “A Different Way to Campaign” scenarios and you’ll have a chance to appear in a future Waypoint video. The most exciting, interesting and impressive ones will be selected, so make sure to do it with style.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Otherwise, dive right in! :slight_smile:

I’d love to try these out. Perhaps we should organize some parties? Post here if you need some teammates like I do!

im in

I’ll roll with you, angel. Just give me a shout-out on what time you’d like to give it a try.

same here!

Do you two want to try one of them this weekend? If so, which one?

I’ve played ‘Reach GP’ and it’s a blast. It ranks up right there with flying the Pelican and Phantom on New Alexandria.

Hi angel.

My first post :slight_smile:

From the Sword Base video posted , you can get the Gauss Hog over the k-rails on either side for the Hunter battle. Also, when you encounter the Wraith tanks on Sword base, don’t destroy them - use them. Use your plasma pistol to stun the tanks, hop into the Wraiths turret, which causes the driver to exit the Wraith, jump out and kill the Elite. You now have an undamaged Wraith tank to lay waste to the bad guys. If you kept the Target Locator, you can take out the Plasma Launcher Elite at the AA gun location.

I’m not sure if you saw it, but I broke a dropship again, this time on Beach Head in Firefight. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv2BAGh4a-c

@ bs angel

Either one looks good to me, though personally the Reach Grand Prix looks way more fun. My vote goes for that.

sure what time?

Is there a spot left?

> Hi angel.
>
>
> My first post :slight_smile:
>
>
> From the Sword Base video posted , you can get the Gauss Hog over the k-rails on either side for the Hunter battle. Also, when you encounter the Wraith tanks on Sword base, don’t destroy them - use them. Use your plasma pistol to stun the tanks, hop into the Wraiths turret, which causes the driver to exit the Wraith, jump out and kill the Elite. You now have an undamaged Wraith tank to lay waste to the bad guys. If you kept the Target Locator, you can take out the Plasma Launcher Elite at the AA gun location.
>
> I’m not sure if you saw it, but I broke a dropship again, this time on Beach Head in Firefight. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv2BAGh4a-c

I’ll try your Wraith suggestion, Spark. Thanks for giving directions on how to do that. Super nice to see you here, btw!

> Is there a spot left?

Yup! Now we just have to figure out a time. I’m available later in the afternoon and evening. Probably both today and tomorrow, too.

Count me in. I’ll be gone for like 5-6pm Esterntime today and tomorow at midday.

I’m good today and tomorrow as well. I’m puttering around doing homework, but I can always stop for a while to hang out with you guys.

If you want to join up now we’re playing.

I want in on this too. Can’t do it this weekend, but some time in the near future for sure! :slight_smile:

Also added “Way of the Ninja” to the first post for those interested in a challenge. Push through “Nightfall.” No bullets, no bombs.

@erickyboo who is playing?

Do these still go on? I’d like to take a run in Campaign. :slight_smile: I should be on in about 20 minutes, hopefully sooner.

I should have scrolled up to erickyboo’s post. lol

Jeremy, I’ll gladly try out one of these with you sometime in the future! I’m very keen trying out “The Way of the Ninja.”