DIFFERENT SPECIALIZATION ISSUE, STOP DELETING

NOTE: I HAVE RECEIVED MY CODE, SO THIS IS A SEPARATE ISSUE

I accidently redeemed the code onto an account that has been inactive since 2007. Once the code is redeemed, is it linked to that specific account? Just curious if I can recover the account, download the content, and use it on the account I use now?

Such a stupid issue. Mod’s keep deleting my threads and telling me to post in a different thread which isn’t relevant to my case.

Please use this thread to discuss the Specializations email topic:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/2505/t/401740.aspx?PageIndex=1

you ask a real question in gets locked you complain about the game it’s cool. come on mods you guys over do it sometimes

I have already spoken to Xbox.com twice, for over 2 hours. They took all the information they could, and told me there is nothing they can do since the code has to come from 343. Posting on there is futile.

> Please use this thread to discuss the Specializations email topic:
>
> http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/2505/t/401740.aspx?PageIndex=1

> NOTE: I HAVE RECEIVED MY CODE, SO THIS IS A SEPARATE ISSUE

ಠ_ಠ

> I have already spoken to Xbox.com twice, for over 2 hours. They took all the information they could, and told me there is nothing they can do since the code has to come from 343. Posting on there is futile.

> Hey there everyone! As you most likely know a promo was recently held that culminated in sending out Halo 4 Specialization codes to users who had played the game online before midnight Eastern Time on November 20th. Below we have some info about the promo, <mark>but if you are having issues</mark>, <mark>please create a single post in this thread simply detailing what your issue</mark> is (ex. <mark>I didn’t receive an email the link in my email doesn’t work</mark> , , etc.). IMPORTANT: This thread is not for discussion, nor is the Support Forum for discussion. Please keep this thread clean for other users with issues. Thank you!

I hope this help now post on the xbox forum

You keep telling me to post on the xbox.com site, but they can’t do anything there. They re-routed me here, and the 343 forums.

> You keep telling me to post on the xbox.com site, but they can’t do anything there. They re-routed me here, and the 343 forums.

It’s a MICROSOFT promotion. Ergo, MICROSOFT sends you, generates and provides the codes and emails. It’s THEIR issue, NOT 343’s. I suggest waiting until December 2nd and then contacting support directly, if they try and send you back here then ask to speak to a supervisor. We can’t help you here, 343 doesn’t even post here.

for the love of god someone help this kid you guys are paid to do it . he paid money and is entitled to what he paid for. no mod can change that nor should they . dude keep fighting the good fight. they owe it to you .

> > You keep telling me to post on the xbox.com site, but they can’t do anything there. They re-routed me here, and the 343 forums.
>
> It’s a MICROSOFT promotion. Ergo, MICROSOFT sends you, generates and provides the codes and emails. It’s THEIR issue, NOT 343’s. I suggest waiting until December 2nd and then contacting support directly, if they try and send you back here then ask to speak to a supervisor. We can’t help you here, 343 doesn’t even post here.

its sad that 343i dosent post here it’s their site facepalm

I’m constantly getting the run around from every different website.

> you ask a real question in gets locked you complain about the game it’s cool. come on mods you guys over do it sometimes

> NOTE: I HAVE RECEIVED MY CODE, SO THIS IS A SEPARATE ISSUE
>
> I accidently redeemed the code onto an account that has been inactive since 2007. Once the code is redeemed, is it linked to that specific account? Just curious if I can recover the account, download the content, and use it on the account I use now?
>
> Such a stupid issue. Mod’s keep deleting my threads and telling me to post in a different thread which isn’t relevant to my case.

Yes, it’s locked to that account. You have one option though, it MAY work.

Recover the innactive account to your xbox
go to account management, license transfer
transfer the license
go to your current xbox account
download history
attempt to re-download the specialization priority alpha thing or whatever it’s called onto your profile
if it’s not there, try re-downloading it to the innactive account first, then go to download history on your current profile and look for it.

MAY not work, but it’s at least an option.

PRO it’s due to they might not know what to say yet . they dont get paid to think it’s follow orders. but give it time you’ll have something that should have come with the game in the first place soon

Thanks for the input man. I haven’t downloaded it all yet, just redeemed it accidently through the xbox.com website.
Do I have to actually download it first, or will it be in my history of things?

I’m sketchy to do anything regarding this account, as of now the only time it’s been used is when I accidently log into the xbox.com website, the account hasn’t been used on my current Xbox (which I’ve had for 3 years) and I’m worried that if I do anything regarding my old account on it, it will show up on the console. I’m clinging to the hope that since I haven’t had any game activity, and this account has been silver for 5 years, that someone can either just remove the content and let me redeem it, delete the account and send me a new code. I don’t know.

> Thanks for the input man. I haven’t downloaded it all yet, just redeemed it accidently through the xbox.com website.
> Do I have to actually download it first, or will it be in my history of things?
>
> I’m sketchy to do anything regarding this account, as of now the only time it’s been used is when I accidently log into the xbox.com website, the account hasn’t been used on my current Xbox (which I’ve had for 3 years) and I’m worried that if I do anything regarding my old account on it, it will show up on the console. I’m clinging to the hope that since I haven’t had any game activity, and this account has been silver for 5 years, that someone can either just remove the content and let me redeem it, delete the account and send me a new code. I don’t know.

If you want anything like that to happen, then yea I wouldn’t sign into your old account since that will automatically download it. You’ll want to call xbox (phone assistance people have slightley more power than online-chat people) and try to get them to help you, thought they are 99% useless on anything that has any sort of magnitude. I had a problem with my account + a parent account I don’t have access to during the Terms of Use update, and yahoo ended up saving me. Xbox/Microsoft are pretty much “Do it our way, exactly how we want it and planned for it to be done, or you’re screwed”

thats probly what will go down you’ll be told a bunch of crap . then get your but kissed then you 'll get a code it’s how they work. just keep them on the line no matter what for a long time and ask the same questions over and over again until they just give it to you . just dont get rude they cant hang up.

I received the email late last night on the email linked to my account
I clicked ‘receive gift’ and it rerouted me to xbox.com
The code was in the slot, so I naturally clicked ‘redeem code’
For some reason, I was automatically logged into the xbox.com website with my old email address (which I still use as my main email)
The code was redeemed to an account I haven’t used since 2007
I called xbox.com, and they haven’t been able to do anything for me
They reroute me here and 343 saying that xbox.com can’t do anything
I’m stuck in limbo, as it seems no one can assist me with my issue

> I received the email late last night on the email linked to my account
> I clicked ‘receive gift’ and it rerouted me to xbox.com
> The code was in the slot, so I naturally clicked ‘redeem code’
> For some reason, I was automatically logged into the xbox.com website with my old email address (which I still use as my main email)
> The code was redeemed to an account I haven’t used since 2007
> I called xbox.com, and they haven’t been able to do anything for me
> They reroute me here and 343 saying that xbox.com can’t do anything
> I’m stuck in limbo, as it seems no one can assist me with my issue

That’s what xbox does. They will NEVER help you if there’s any way around it. Even for my issue (which TONS of people had) they redirected me to accounts.live.com, which in turn directed me to xbox. It really sucks but that’s what they do all the time.

Even still…

Please use this thread to discuss the Specializations email topic:

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst155922_The-Official-Specializations-Email-Thread.aspx

Please do not post private information (email addresses, etc.).