Different POV Campaign DLC

With Halo Infinite having a 10 year schedule, campaign DLC isn’t so much a question of ‘if’ but rather a question of ‘when.’ I was wondering, would you all want to see Campaign DLC just from Chief’s perspective or have at least some of them focus on other characters?

It’s no secret that playing as Osiris was controversial among players, to say the least, and even though he’s loved now, people were pretty split about Arbiter when Halo 2 launched too. I feel like DLC would be the perfect opportunity to introduce more playable characters without the backlash of it taking away from Chief.

Personally, I’d love to see a Blue Team focused DLC. I waited so long to see them show up in a game but I don’t feel as though Guardians did them justice. That being said, I think a DLC focused on Blue Team without Chief would really give them a chance to shine as their own characters. Especially if that DLC was them rescuing Red Team and the Spirit of Fire from the Ark.

What do you think? Would you like some story driven DLC without the Chief or does not having him in it at all ruin the experience for you?

> 2670661386182421;1:
> With Halo Infinite having a 10 year schedule, campaign DLC isn’t so much a question of ‘if’ but rather a question of ‘when.’ I was wondering, would you all want to see Campaign DLC just from Chief’s perspective or have at least some of them focus on other characters?
>
> It’s no secret that playing as Osiris was controversial among players, to say the least, and even though he’s loved now, people were pretty split about Arbiter when Halo 2 launched too. I feel like DLC would be the perfect opportunity to introduce more playable characters without the backlash of it taking away from Chief.
>
> Personally, I’d love to see a Blue Team focused DLC. I waited so long to see them show up in a game but I don’t feel as though Guardians did them justice. That being said, I think a DLC focused on Blue Team without Chief would really give them a chance to shine as their own characters. Especially if that DLC was them rescuing Red Team and the Spirit of Fire from the Ark.
>
> What do you think? Would you like some story driven DLC without the Chief or does not having him in it at all ruin the experience for you?

I’d be absolutely fine having non-Chief-focussed DLC. My wish-list would be:

• Arbiter/Sword of Sanghelios - Buck and Alpha-9 - Osiris

Infinite is purely Chief’s story. I doubt the follow-up campaigns (calling them that because it’ll be more of a live service than complete + DLC game model) will feature many shake-ups. That being said, maybe one mission per follow-up campaign will have you play as another character.

> 2535431751471835;3:
> Infinite is purely Chief’s story. I doubt the follow-up campaigns (calling them that because it’ll be more of a live service than complete + DLC game model) will feature many shake-ups. That being said, maybe one mission per follow-up campaign will have you play as another character.

I agree that Infinite’s main campaign should be purely Chief. That lesson has been pretty thoroughly learned by 343 at this point.

Basically the way I saw it is 10 years is just way too long of a time frame between two different full length campaigns. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a second full length campaign a few years down the line just also built in Infinite. So the way I saw it was a few short 2-3 hour dlc stories for different groups in between the main entries. That way those characters can be woven into the next Chief focused campaign without it being too jarring or out of nowhere.

> 2670661386182421;4:
> > 2535431751471835;3:
> > Infinite is purely Chief’s story. I doubt the follow-up campaigns (calling them that because it’ll be more of a live service than complete + DLC game model) will feature many shake-ups. That being said, maybe one mission per follow-up campaign will have you play as another character.
>
> I agree that Infinite’s main campaign should be purely Chief. That lesson has been pretty thoroughly learned by 343 at this point.
>
> Basically the way I saw it is 10 years is just way too long of a time frame between two different full length campaigns. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a second full length campaign a few years down the line just also built in Infinite. So the way I saw it was a few short 2-3 hour dlc stories for different groups in between the main entries. That way those characters can be woven into the next Chief focused campaign without it being too jarring or out of nowhere.

Ooh, that’s what I was thinking after writing my comment. I like it a lot better now.

I still would love to see a Halo Infinite DLC campaign levels where Arbiter and ODST Troopers are the main characters.

I would say like 2 more dlc as Chief and the rest with other characters.

I like the idea but I think 343 made it clear enough that the campaign will focus on John so I think DLC may follow in that line if it’s directed to the campaign. Maybe if we get an interactive cooperative experience like Spartan-Ops from Halo 4 then we can get that wish fulfilled.