Different Nade Colors

Now, going off the ‘new’ trend in H4 where weapon skins are everywhere, I had a thought: Why not use this on grenades, but change their detonation color?

Mainly for Plasma grenades more than anything, we could unlock different colors that grenades come in. I could toss a green pulse grenade, or perhaps a very brilliant purple plasma nade.

Not just for cosmetic reasons, such grenades could be used by a well communicated team for use as a signal.

Thoughts?

Well, I can’t think of anything necessarily wrong with it.
But I mean, our Covenant weapons still fire in purple, so the grenades should too.
Let’s just stick to Weapon customization.

I’ve always enjoyed this idea. If we could have this in addition to, say, a red energy sword, I think it would be for the better. Seriously, what can anyone say that could go wrong with expanded customization?

> I’ve always enjoyed this idea. If we could have this in addition to, say, a red energy sword, I think it would be for the better. Seriously, what can anyone say that could go wrong with expanded customization?

*Black Ops 2 style emblems shudder

See that’s one thing I always liked in COD the customization of guns, emblems, even your damn knife. I’m for it though I love seeing a lot of customization in a game and I think halo would suit it just fine.

> > I’ve always enjoyed this idea. If we could have this in addition to, say, a red energy sword, I think it would be for the better. Seriously, what can anyone say that could go wrong with expanded customization?
>
> *Black Ops 2 style emblems shudder

Oh come on without those emblems some people would not be able to show how perverted they… Yoink!!

As awesome as customization is that doesnt affect gameplay, I still think grenades should explode the same color. And energy swords. I mean come on, its a tradition!

> I’ve always enjoyed this idea. If we could have this in addition to, say, a red energy sword, I think it would be for the better. Seriously, what can anyone say that could go wrong with expanded customization?

I’ve always wanted different colored energy swards… and I always wanted different colored plasma weapons

No, however energy sword customization is fine. Only in forge, and if it’s a gametype like infection or grifball, the energy sword you spawn with matches your armor color, imagine orange energy sword. =D

On the topic of customization, how would you guys feel about specific weapons getting unique differences.
Let’s say that the Plasma Rifle is in Halo 5, and unlike most weapons, it has eight skins.
One for each team.
This would change the color of the weapon and plasma, like the Brute Plasma Rifle in ODST.
It would certainly be a unique weapon in the sandbox.

Grenades need to work properly first before anything else is added.