Different models in Campaign & Multiplayer?

I was looking at the new screenshots, and I noticed something very peculiar…

In Campaign, the Master Chief is using brand-new HD versions of the Battle Rifle and SMG, and they both look awesome; the SMG has a completely brand-new model that’s up to the standards of the latest Halo games.

But in multiplayer… the SMG is identical to the original Halo 2 model, just with a shinier texture. What gives? Why can’t they use they same HD model as the Campaign?

The Spartans are also wearing the Halo 4 multiplayer version of the Mark VI armor, with the same fat, rounded shoulders; but in Campaign, the Chief’s armor is 100% faithful to the original Mark VI. What gives?

Uh… anyone?

I noticed that as well, I wonder how this Multiplayer is gonna work. Also in the Campaign the HUD is identical to the original Halo 2, yet in the multiplayer, it seems a bit different.

> I noticed that as well, I wonder how this Multiplayer is gonna work. Also in the Campaign the HUD is identical to the original Halo 2, yet in the multiplayer, it seems a bit different.

I noticed that the SMG has a reticle like the Halo:Reach and Halo 4 Assault Rifle in Multiplayer. The Sniper Rifle’s reticle behaves in the same way as Halo 4 as well.

It’s because those reimagined maps are using a engine native to the Xbox One. It may be based off of the Halo 4 engine, somewhat. Or it might be an offshoot of their upcoming Halo 5 engine.

> It’s because those reimagined maps are using a engine native to the Xbox One. It may be based off of the Halo 4 engine, somewhat. Or it might be an offshoot of their upcoming Halo 5 engine.

Sneak peak then? Hey even it is based off another engine it is doing a hell of a better job than what they did with Halo CEA and Reach.

Also those new grenade and smg sounds!

> Uh… anyone?

Don’t

> > Uh… anyone?
>
> Don’t

What? My threads keep getting buried; this new forum has been on fire all day.

> > > Uh… anyone?
> >
> > Don’t
>
> What? My threads keep getting buried; this new forum has been on fire all day.

Happens a lot. They don’t like it when you’re interested into something and you want to keep it going.

The multiplayer they showcased was in the remake of Ascension. They said Certain Infinity will be “remaking” 6 H2 maps in a new XB1 engine that seems to be quasi 4/5. You can tell it’s the new engine based off the bloom reticle for the SMG and the new room/jump up near OS spawn.

Like I mentioned in another thread, something was off with the multiplayer demo.

Things like bloom, grenade indicators, and hit markers were in the game.
Additionally, i noticed that the animations for the spartans in the multiplayer and the chief in the campaign differed. The campaign character animations remained faithful, even with the ragdoll and death animations. In the multiplayer, it seems as though they ripped the halo 4 character animations and ragdoll system and used it for the multiplayer. The elite animations were not the same as their campaign counterparts either. As far as actual appearances go, the spartans were wearing the halo 4 version of the classic Mark VI, and the weapons were halo. 4 weapons, except for the smg and I think the br as well. I don’t know about the elites. I think, though, that the reason this all appeared as such is because the multiplayer is still in development, and so they are using many halo 4 assets in order to test that the maps themselves function the same. Just the geometry and the textures and how the weapons play on them. If you look closely, when Ghost is using the sniper rifle in first person, the right hand of the first person model clips through the sniper rifle, and it floats slightly while he is reloading. They wouldn’t leave something like that in the final product.