Different damage tables for campaign

In past Halo games weapons were balanced for multiplayer. Not perfectly but that was the aim of Bungie. All Halo games except Ce. The multiplayer turned out fine but then some of those weapons in the campaign were left useless. I’m sure most of you will agree that it breaks immersion for an assault rife not to be able to kill a single grunt. Halo Ce was made with the campaign in mind so it had one of the most fun and immersive Halo campaigns.

When Reach’s highly customizable firefight came out i toyed with the setting trying to make the most immersive experience without losing all of the fun (No one hit plasma kills) One of the best ways to do this was to slightly buff weapon damage for both sides. After that i truly loved the Reach Ar i could burst fire and kill grunts in 1-3 bursts (depending on rank) I wanted the campaign to be similar.

So that is why I think that if 343 were to balance the weapons separately for Campaign/ Spartan Ops Halo 4 or 5 depending on how much time they have can be more immersive and enjoyable. Without weapons becoming under-balanced in multiplayer. Although Ce did multiplayer pretty well.

Play on easy then :wink:

But for me I think Reach lost its immersiveness not from how many bullets it took to kill a grunt but because I really kinda saw through their design.

Like when you look at an elite for more than a second with a sniper he’s going to dodge… which is frustrating btw… or when you throw a grenade into a crowd everyone tumbles away…

I swear it was like Tough Luck was on the whole time

> But for me I think Reach lost its immersiveness not from how many bullets it took to kill a grunt but because I really kinda saw through their design.
>
> Like when you look at an elite for more than a second with a sniper he’s going to dodge… which is frustrating btw… or when you throw a grenade into a crowd everyone tumbles away…
>
> I swear it was like Tough Luck was on the whole time

I believe A.i should lose their telekinesis, also wouldn’t a suppressed sniping mission in spartan ops be cool?

The reason the weapons in halo have been the same in campaign as in multiplayer is because if there is a difference, people will play either campaign or multiplayer, but not play both because they are inconsistent. people get used to the way weapons handle, they get used to the way they feel and don’t want to constantly have to switch.

If the weapons had different characteristics in campaign than they do in MP, it would be very frustrating when switching between campaign and MP.

Keep it simple!

> > But for me I think Reach lost its immersiveness not from how many bullets it took to kill a grunt but because I really kinda saw through their design.
> >
> > Like when you look at an elite for more than a second with a sniper he’s going to dodge… which is frustrating btw… or when you throw a grenade into a crowd everyone tumbles away…
> >
> > I swear it was like Tough Luck was on the whole time
>
> I believe A.i should lose their telekinesis, also wouldn’t a suppressed sniping mission in spartan ops be cool?

I am sure they will include at least one.

> > > But for me I think Reach lost its immersiveness not from how many bullets it took to kill a grunt but because I really kinda saw through their design.
> > >
> > > Like when you look at an elite for more than a second with a sniper he’s going to dodge… which is frustrating btw… or when you throw a grenade into a crowd everyone tumbles away…
> > >
> > > I swear it was like Tough Luck was on the whole time
> >
> > I believe A.i should lose their telekinesis, also wouldn’t a suppressed sniping mission in spartan ops be cool?
>
> I am sure they will include at least one.
> Look at Chapter 2 at 1:01

Sniper valley looks like my kind mission!

Exactly OP! That’s something Bungie has done with gross negligence.

H3 AR, pistol (think Sierra 117 mission start. It’s not so bad since the BR isn’t too far away. But then think Sierra 117 rally point bravo, on Legendary, with hardest skulls turned on. There’s no way you’re getting past that unless you knock Arby down there)

Reach AR, pistol, plasma repeater

> But for me I think Reach lost its immersiveness not from how many bullets it took to kill a grunt but because I really kinda saw through their design.
>
> Like when you look at an elite for more than a second with a sniper he’s going to dodge… which is frustrating btw… or when you throw a grenade into a crowd everyone tumbles away…
>
> I swear it was like Tough Luck was on the whole time

The sniper only reliably works on AI in cqc. If you try to use it long range, they use cover. Their AI is swapped with another the moment you take out the sniper IIRC.

As for grenades, it’s even more stupid when just tossing a grenade alerts everyone to your position. Even before the grenade lands, they will know unless they’re really distracted. I liked how the AI in CE actually looked at a thrown grenade before dodging instead of miraculously dodging from every single grenade or stupidly standing still and letting it hit them.

> The reason the weapons in halo have been the same in campaign as in multiplayer is because if there is a difference, people will play either campaign or multiplayer, but not play both because they are inconsistent. people get used to the way weapons handle, they get used to the way they feel and don’t want to constantly have to switch.
>
> If the weapons had different characteristics in campaign than they do in MP, it would be very frustrating when switching between campaign and MP.
>
> Keep it simple!

Well that’s a ridiculous excuse. I’ve been advocating differences between campaign and mp since it gets really boring (especially in Reach where most mp maps are from the campaign and vice versa).

I find that I can use any weapon I want in Halo CE, 3, and Reach and come through just fine.

Halo 2 was the only really bad one, and even then only on Legendary.