Different colors in invasion.

Dose anyone remember invasion during the beta? How everyone was different colors instead of the red vs blue. To me it made invasion a bit more interesting. Seeing the different teams of spartans and elites clashing made it different then the red vs blue that we all know. Invasion was unique in that aspect when we had purple green orange spartans on one team and white blue and brown elites on the other team. It made it seem like it was actually spartans vs elites instead of the red vs blue with an objective. What do you think? Should we keep the boring red and blue that we see in all team based game types or return to how the beta was in terms of color?

If it is possible, I would love different colors to be implemented.

> If it is possible, I would love different colors to be implemented.

If you played the beta there were different colors. In the beta players were split into small groups based on colors. When the players were split into colors they were made into small groups that you could spawn on other team mates. Watch the multiplayer beta trailer and you will see blue and purple spartans running around during invasion. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdEGdSRe6V4

Yes, yes, I remember. I just don’t think the beta build is exactly the same as the final build, so if it is possible to do/implement in an update or something, 343 should totally go for it.

> Yes, yes, I remember. I just don’t think the beta build is exactly the same as the final build, so if it is possible to do/implement in an update or something, 343 should totally go for it.

Well no they are not the same build but it could be possible to make it so there are different colors on each team.

In invasion you should keep your armory-picked colors, not red vs blue and not green/purple/brown whatever…

Yeah I would like the armory colors to but then it might get harder to tell whos a spartan whos an elite.

I can theorize as to 2 good reasons why Bungie went with RvsB for the colour schemes rather than letting us use chosen colours or even use the modified colours from the Beta.

I think either answer could have warranted it staying like the Beta regardless. IF players were to find a way to exploit the colours against the environments, then change it to RvsB.

As is, I do miss the multi/camo-colours of both team from the Beta. Would prefer we use our own colours. I can live with RvsB but I think Elite vs Spartan is easy enough to distinguish.

Back in the day, I made a similar thread in the Bnet optimatch forum, and the response I got from one of the Bungie employees that primarily work with the optimatch forum and matchmaking, were that in the Beta, you would play one side per game, which allowed the Spartans to be green and the Elites to be Purple. However, because of the coding, which is practically impossible to fix, these colors stick to your team, so when the teams switch sides, the Elites would be green and the Spartans purple. The gametype doesn’t allow for custom colors(i.e. your own) because it’s based on regular one sided objective gametypes, like One Bomb or One Flag. Hope that clears stuff up :slight_smile: I’d like to link you to the thread, but it’s old and lost in the bowels of bnet by now.

I’d love to see this as much as you guys, but like a lot of the stuff we want for the game, it’s possible to fix post launch, and we’ll just have to be satisfied with what we’ve got :slight_smile:

Thanks. Data assimilated. Sucks that once again, the solution isn’t so simple. :smiley: