Didn't Receive My Unlock Code

I purchased Halo 4 on its release night and played it on Xbox Live nearly every day up until November 20. Unfortunately, my dedication to the matchmaking experience did not amount to much as I found that I was no longer able to specialize after reaching level 70 and thereby was no longer able to gain xp. Despite knowing this fact, I continued to play for a couple days here and there waiting for the e-mail from 343 but got too aggravated after receiving 10-15k+ credits worth of commendations in one game for the second time and wasn’t able to benefit from my apparent prowess. I then bought BLOPS2 which I wouldn’t have done in the first place had I been able to keep gaining xp in Halo and have been playing that up until now. I understand the benefits of the “exp capping” system but it is also just providing an incentive for your most dedicated players to buy the competition–it’s truly nonsensical in my opinion. Albeit, I was hoping that today I could finally stop playing COD and start playing Halo again but no, I still haven’t received an e-mail. I think you guys did a great job with the game but your marketing decisions are questionable–if anybody could offer me support regarding this matter it would be greatly appreciated.

Please use this thread to discuss the Specializations email topic:

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst155922_The-Official-Specializations-Email-Thread.aspx

Please do not post private information (email addresses, etc.).