Didn’t see medals

In the gameplay overview one thing I didnt see were medals. I don’t see 343i completely removing medals from the game and seeing as though this is alpha footage they hadn’t implemented them in game yet. Still worried though.

> 2533274834089336;1:
> In the gameplay overview one thing I didnt see were medals. I don’t see 343i completely removing medals from the game and seeing as though this is alpha footage they hadn’t implemented them in game yet. Still worried though.

There will be medals, there’s a thread at the top of the Infinite forum page solely for the purpose of adding new community created medal ideas.

I also noticed this. I’m sure they are in the game. My guess is they aren’t in just yet. Maybe getting some new artwork for them?

> 2533274800521306;3:
> I also noticed this. I’m sure they are in the game. My guess is they aren’t in just yet. Maybe getting some new artwork for them?

That could be a possible explanation, they could have also “turned them off” (if you can do that…?) just for the previews so they didn’t clutter the screen.

> 2535445608274502;2:
> > 2533274834089336;1:
> > In the gameplay overview one thing I didnt see were medals. I don’t see 343i completely removing medals from the game and seeing as though this is alpha footage they hadn’t implemented them in game yet. Still worried though.
>
> There will be medals, there’s a thread at the top of the Infinite forum page solely for the purpose of adding new community created medal ideas.

Oh yeah I totally forgot about that! It was just weird to me because medals have always been a staple in the halo franchise and it was just weird not seeing them in the gameplay. Thanks for the clarification!

> 2533274834089336;5:
> > 2535445608274502;2:
> > > 2533274834089336;1:
> > > In the gameplay overview one thing I didnt see were medals. I don’t see 343i completely removing medals from the game and seeing as though this is alpha footage they hadn’t implemented them in game yet. Still worried though.
> >
> > There will be medals, there’s a thread at the top of the Infinite forum page solely for the purpose of adding new community created medal ideas.
>
> Oh yeah I totally forgot about that! It was just weird to me because medals have always been a staple in the halo franchise and it was just weird not seeing them in the gameplay. Thanks for the clarification!

My pleasure! It’s easy to forget a few things with how much has just been thrown at us in the two showcases.

Just a quick edit, I love the gamer tag!! Nice to see another Bloodhound main!

Imagine if the medals went onto your spartan’s chest while you are alive lol. Yeah, medals are probably still being developed for.

Medals are in the game. In the showcase yesterday you can hear Jeff saying, “Double Kill” among others. One interesting thing is there seems to be a medal for using the grapple hook to hijack a vehicle.

I am guessing, just like friend-foe outlines, they were disabled for the demo + they could still be in the works, so not ready for showtime.

I hope we can disable some speech on getting medals like a sniper kill or whatever. They’ve added so many dumb medals in, it’s often come to the point where I think “what doesn’t this game give you a medal for??”

it’d be very nice if each medal had an option to turn off the voice for it. And as well for various other things. Guess we’ll see though,

> 2533274927740213;4:
> > 2533274800521306;3:
> > I also noticed this. I’m sure they are in the game. My guess is they aren’t in just yet. Maybe getting some new artwork for them?
>
> That could be a possible explanation, they could have also “turned them off” (if you can do that…?) just for the previews so they didn’t clutter the screen.

If the players can choose to turn off the medals (possibly along with the narrations that go with them too) then I’m down with it. I dunno about some people, but medal flashing along with the narrations does get annoying, and sometimes the narrator can’t even keep up.

But still, they are going to be in the post game reports at least. Basic’s…