Didact's Return?

Personally, I thought that the Didact was just the sort of Villain the Halo Universe needed. I mean think about it, walking around as Master Chief who is basically a freakin tank there isn’t much that should concern you. Yes, you have the covenant but…for the most part they are scared of you. Calling you names like “Demon”. Then comes along this almost… god… like figure in a way that picks you up with what seems to basically be the force and then hurls your pathetic butt across the room like throwing a paper ball into the trash and missing.

I mean when he says in The Didact Cometh Cutscene - “Even these beast recognize what you are oblivious to…human…” we really get to see how little we really are in this huge universe that has been created for us.

Are we to believe that a character like this would simply be killed off in the same game that he is introduced?

My assumption would be that we have not seen the last of The Didact. Not yet at least…

I agree. To many people think he died at the end of halo 4.

And spoiler alert…he didn’t die in escalation either. Frank O’Connor said so

this spoiler contains actual spoilers…
open at your own risk

in the comics “halo: Escalation” the Master Chief killed the Didact with one of the halo rings

> 2533274935949451;3:
> this spoiler contains actual spoilers…
> open at your own risk
> in the comics “halo: Escalation” the Master Chief killed the Didact with one of the halo rings

He didn’t die. Was confirmed by Bonnie Ross

Hopefully, man.
He is one of my favourite characters and he is the perfect Halo villain

Yeah I agree he’s probably my favorite…which is probably some kind of halo sin because the game is “too new” but I think he’s much cooler then someone like Guilty Spark or one of the Prophets.

The didact isn’t dead, and he was semi-confirmed by greenskull to be in Halo 5 I believe.

> 2533274885566464;4:
> > 2533274935949451;3:
> > this spoiler contains actual spoilers…
> > open at your own risk
> > in the comics “halo: Escalation” the Master Chief killed the Didact with one of the halo rings
>
>
> He didn’t die. Was confirmed by Bonnie Ross

Frank O’Connor also stated this too

didact is a bad -Yoink- motherfukcer

> 2533274975398392;7:
> The didact isn’t dead, and he was semi-confirmed by greenskull to be in Halo 5 I believe.

I think greenskull was looking at the Warden Eternal’s silhouette and speculating.

But yeah, didact got composed or ‘contained’ as escalation put it. His official profile on this website doesn’t even call him dead. Those claiming he died in escalation must be watching HaloFollower.

I agree, the Didact is probably the most menacing villain we’ve had in the games so far. He could’ve been developed a little more, but just as a threat I thought he was exactly what Halo needed.

Hope he’s back in this game

SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS

As much as I want to say yes, HaloFollower explained that in the comics he died just after Halo 4. Sorry.

If the Didact did in fact get composed (which I thought was proven to be impossible because he has the same immunity to The Composer as John did) then there is the very real possibility that he isn’t dead, just in AI form. Which is where the speculation came in to how Cortana really isn’t dead and if what the Forerunners where working on to reverse the effects of The Composer could be solved both Cortana as well as The Didact may make a return.

Again, this is all speculation from videos and forums.

I would love the Didact back. All the development he gained from the novels would be wasted if he was only in the one game. A game with both Didact and the Gravemind would make me fanboy like well a fanboy. I know the Flood have been confirmed to not be in Halo 5 but no reason it couldn’t happen in Halo 6

There’s no way the Chief is getting rid of the Forerunner that easily.

The Didact is just as dead as the community thought Master Chief was at the end of Halo 3. I like the Didact and I am looking forward to his return. Not sure if he will be in H5 or H6, but he will be back.

> 2535408856296514;12:
> SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS
> As much as I want to say yes, HaloFollower explained that in the comics he died just after Halo 4. Sorry.

Then HaloFollower did not actually read the comic…

Do yourself a favor and stop watching his vids. All he spreads is misinformation.

The Didact definitely bit it in Halo 4, I doubt we will see him again in later titles.

> 2533274964189700;17:
> > 2535408856296514;12:
> > SPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERSSPOILERS
> > As much as I want to say yes, HaloFollower explained that in the comics he died just after Halo 4. Sorry.
>
>
> Then HaloFollower did not actually read the comic…
> Do yourself a favor and stop watching his vids. All he spreads is misinformation.

This. HaloFollower’s an idjit.

> The Didact definitely bit it in Halo 4, I doubt we will see him again in later titles.

He’s a freaking Forerunner, not just that, but the king-killa big-weela deela of the Forerunner military. Essentially the Forerunner equivalent of Master Chief. You are sourly mistaken, bub.

Not sure whats going on with the Didact (killed in escalation but not considered dead) but there is the new villain at the end of the E3 campaign footage. “The Domain” ,which I believe his name is, is like a forerunner network if I’m correct. Probably controls the Prometheans.