Didact's performance in halo 4.

Since day one i started playing halo 4, i was very curious about knowing who Didact was. When i finally met him ( per say ), i fell in love for that character. His voice, his armor and that stuff are amazing.
When i completed campaign, i realized that Didact wasn’t that much showed even though we fought his army.
I really hope 343 makes him more showable in halo 5.

I wish that the Didact was’nt such a terrible villan.
“I wanna kill all of humanity!”
Like I have’nt heard THAT one before.

> I wish that the Didact was’nt such a terrible villan.
> “I wanna kill all of humanity!”
> Like I have’nt heard THAT one before.

Well, what should be the goals for a leader of a faction in an all-out war? “I wanna tickle my enemies for pure amusement!”?

Honestly, the Didact’s views on humanity are actually interesting because they’re made from logic, whereas the Prophets’ reasons for wanting to genocide all humanity was purely from religious mistake and misinterpretation.

> > I wish that the Didact was’nt such a terrible villan.
> > “I wanna kill all of humanity!”
> > Like I have’nt heard THAT one before.
>
> Well, what should be the goals for a leader of a faction in an all-out war? “I wanna tickle my enemies for pure amusement!”?
>
> Honestly, the Didact’s views on humanity are actually interesting because they’re made from logic, whereas the Prophets’ reasons for wanting to genocide all humanity was purely from religious mistake and misinterpretation.

Logic? The Didact has no reason to want to destroy humanity in the timeline of Halo 4.

Outside of the game, I hear he’s a pretty cool character.
In-game, he’s an absolutely disgraceful villain.

It doesn’t help that in 2012 he had to try and stand alongside villains like Handsome Jack and Grigori.

> Logic? The Didact has no reason to want to destroy humanity in the timeline of Halo 4.

As far as I’m aware, the Didact doesn’t believe humanity to be worthy of the Mantle; he considers them a dangerous threat to the galaxy/universe - and like any tactical mind, better to eliminate them before the “problem” becomes as big as it did in the past(Human-Forerunner War). :slight_smile:

However, the writing for his character in the campaign could have been much better than it was; it’s unfortunate he seemed almost petty like a child throwing a tantrum at times. Book-Didact seems to be a much better written rendition of his person over all.

> > > I wish that the Didact was’nt such a terrible villan.
> > > “I wanna kill all of humanity!”
> > > Like I have’nt heard THAT one before.
> >
> > Well, what should be the goals for a leader of a faction in an all-out war? “I wanna tickle my enemies for pure amusement!”?
> >
> > Honestly, the Didact’s views on humanity are actually interesting because they’re made from logic, whereas the Prophets’ reasons for wanting to genocide all humanity was purely from religious mistake and misinterpretation.
>
> Logic? The Didact has no reason to want to destroy humanity in the timeline of Halo 4.

From his time fighting humanity in the Human-Forerunner war thousands of years ago, he saw how ruthless and reckless they were in conquering the galaxy and disobeying Forerunner rule. I didn’t expect you to know that part, but what about the VERY FIRST THING he says when he meets MC? It’s an entire explanation about why he will fight humanity.

> >
> > Well, what should be the goals for a leader of a faction in an all-out war? “I wanna tickle my enemies for pure amusement!”?
> >
> > Honestly, the Didact’s views on humanity are actually interesting because they’re made from logic, whereas the Prophets’ reasons for wanting to genocide all humanity was purely from religious mistake and misinterpretation.
>

I think the Didact is mad at humanity because they took Mantle of Responsibility for defending the universe. And that’s the forrunner Responsibility

> > Logic? The Didact has no reason to want to destroy humanity in the timeline of Halo 4.
>
> As far as I’m aware, the Didact doesn’t not believe humanity to be worthy of the Mantle; he considers them a dangerous threat to the galaxy/universe - and like any tactical mind, better to eliminate them before the “problem” becomes as big as it did in the past(Human-Forerunner War). :slight_smile:

Well, there could’nt really be another human-forerunner war, since the forerunners were wiped out. Also, on that note, why does the Didact care if Humanity takes over the Mantle? Humanity seems like the best option to take it over at this point.

Read the forerunner saga

> > > > I wish that the Didact was’nt such a terrible villan.
> > > > “I wanna kill all of humanity!”
> > > > Like I have’nt heard THAT one before.
> > >
> > > Well, what should be the goals for a leader of a faction in an all-out war? “I wanna tickle my enemies for pure amusement!”?
> > >
> > > Honestly, the Didact’s views on humanity are actually interesting because they’re made from logic, whereas the Prophets’ reasons for wanting to genocide all humanity was purely from religious mistake and misinterpretation.
> >
> > Logic? The Didact has no reason to want to destroy humanity in the timeline of Halo 4.
>
> I think the Didact is mad at humanity because they took Mantle of Responsibility for defending the universe. And that’s the forrunner Responsibility

I thought that the the mantle was given to the species that that was worthy of it. I don’t think it belongs ONLY to the forerunners.

Uhhhh, yeah he did. Watch the cutscenes? Watch the terminal videos?

>
> Uhhhh, yeah he did. Watch the cutscenes? Watch the terminal videos?

The Didact wanted to destroy humanity back then because humanity was a threat to the forerunners. Humanity cant really threaten the Forerunners if there are none of them left.

> > > > > I wish that the Didact was’nt such a terrible villan.
> > > > > “I wanna kill all of humanity!”
> > > > > Like I have’nt heard THAT one before.
> > > >
> > > > Well, what should be the goals for a leader of a faction in an all-out war? “I wanna tickle my enemies for pure amusement!”?
> > > >
> > > > Honestly, the Didact’s views on humanity are actually interesting because they’re made from logic, whereas the Prophets’ reasons for wanting to genocide all humanity was purely from religious mistake and misinterpretation.
> > >
> > > Logic? The Didact has no reason to want to destroy humanity in the timeline of Halo 4.
> >
> > I think the Didact is mad at humanity because they took Mantle of Responsibility for defending the universe. And that’s the forrunner Responsibility
>
> I thought that the the mantle was given to the species that that was worthy of it. I don’t think it belongs ONLY to the forerunners.

The Mantle was handed down to humanity by the Librarian, but the Didact disagrees of their worthiness. He hopes to reclaim Forerunner control of the galaxy by composing humanity to serve as Prometheans.

> > > > > I wish that the Didact was’nt such a terrible villan.
> > > > > “I wanna kill all of humanity!”
> > > > > Like I have’nt heard THAT one before.
> > > >
> > > > Well, what should be the goals for a leader of a faction in an all-out war? “I wanna tickle my enemies for pure amusement!”?
> > > >
> > > > Honestly, the Didact’s views on humanity are actually interesting because they’re made from logic, whereas the Prophets’ reasons for wanting to genocide all humanity was purely from religious mistake and misinterpretation.
> > >
> > > Logic? The Didact has no reason to want to destroy humanity in the timeline of Halo 4.
> >
> > I think the Didact is mad at humanity because they took Mantle of Responsibility for defending the universe. And that’s the forrunner Responsibility
>
> I thought that the the mantle was given to the species that that was worthy of it. I don’t think it belongs ONLY to the forerunners.

Some people don’t want to give up their power.

As for the Didact not showing up that much, he was in a Cryptum for majority of the Campaign, and the rest of the time, he was chilling with the Composer. He had no real reason to actually go out and fight. I think the fight with John was more for amusement than it was for an actual fighting… until it became an actual fight. The Didact was too cocky. He thought Humanity was a joke in this time period, so less advanced and all. Turns out he was wrong, and I’m betting in Halo 5, he’ll be super serious.

> >
> > As far as I’m aware, the Didact doesn’t not believe humanity to be worthy of the Mantle; he considers them a dangerous threat to the galaxy/universe - and like any tactical mind, better to eliminate them before the “problem” becomes as big as it did in the past(Human-Forerunner War). :slight_smile:
>
> Well, there could’nt really be another human-forerunner war, since the forerunners were wiped out. Also, on that note, why does the Didact care if Humanity takes over the Mantle? Humanity seems like the best option to take it over at this point.

Oh, I’m not stating that there could be another Human-Forerunner war. I was simply stating that because of humanities tendencies towards war, and the Forerunner ‘responsibility’ to preserve/encourage life etc - Humanity more likely than not seems like a massive problem, and potentially never mature enough for the Mantle.(In the Didacts eyes)

> > > > > > I wish that the Didact was’nt such a terrible villan.
> > > > > > “I wanna kill all of humanity!”
> > > > > > Like I have’nt heard THAT one before.
> > > > >
> > > > > Well, what should be the goals for a leader of a faction in an all-out war? “I wanna tickle my enemies for pure amusement!”?
> > > > >
> > > > > Honestly, the Didact’s views on humanity are actually interesting because they’re made from logic, whereas the Prophets’ reasons for wanting to genocide all humanity was purely from religious mistake and misinterpretation.
> > > >
> > > > Logic? The Didact has no reason to want to destroy humanity in the timeline of Halo 4.
> > >
> > > I think the Didact is mad at humanity because they took Mantle of Responsibility for defending the universe. And that’s the forrunner Responsibility
> >
> > I thought that the the mantle was given to the species that that was worthy of it. I don’t think it belongs ONLY to the forerunners.
>
> The Mantle was handed down to humanity by the Librarian, but the Didact disagrees of their worthiness. He hopes to reclaim Forerunner control of the galaxy by composing humanity to serve as Prometheans.

Oh, that clears it up a little bit…
but how can he reclaim Forerunner control if there are’nt any Forerunners left? Seems more to me that he’s composing humanity just so he can have an army.

> > > > Logic? The Didact has no reason to want to destroy humanity in the timeline of Halo 4.
> > >
> > > As far as I’m aware, the Didact doesn’t not believe humanity to be worthy of the Mantle; he considers them a dangerous threat to the galaxy/universe - and like any tactical mind, better to eliminate them before the “problem” becomes as big as it did in the past(Human-Forerunner War). :slight_smile:
> >
> > Well, there could’nt really be another human-forerunner war, since the forerunners were wiped out. Also, on that note, why does the Didact care if Humanity takes over the Mantle? Humanity seems like the best option to take it over at this point.
>
> Oh, I’m not stating that there could be another Human-Forerunner war. I was simply stating that because of humanities tendencies towards war, and the Forerunner ‘responsibility’ to preserve/encourage life etc - Humanity more likely than not seems like a massive problem, and potentially never mature enough for the Mantle.(In the Didacts eyes)

My knowledge of the Halo books are’nt so great… so far I’ve only read Cryptum, and if I remember right, I thought that the Didact himself wanted to destroy humanity and any of its supporters. (I think the prophets species had a alliance with humanity if I am not mistaken)
So really, that makes it look like the Didact, or the Forerunners for that matter, can’t really judge who can uphold the Mantle or not.

Speaking of the Didact…what happened to him? He didn’t die? Was he himself composed?

> >
> >
>

All of his children died during the Human-Forerunner War…