Didact speaking to MC speculation

I am sort of confused about this. Some people say that the imprint that Librarian gave to MC is what allows the Didact to speak to his mind.
The first time it happens, Cortana does not notice him. This is what started the speculation. But I noticed that during Midnight, after the first time the Didact talks, Cortana notices it and says “Locking on to his transmission. He is at the Composer”

So wait, what? Inconsistency? Or just Cortana’s rampancy getting on the way?

He doesn’t hear the Didacts voice until he steps into the communication beam and during the next level he is heard over the radio.

So whatever the librarian did to him allowed chief to be communicated with the didact as he would other forerunners

My theory is that the Librarian activated an imprint of the Ur-Didact in Master Chief when the two interacted. Not until after that point do we see the Ur-Didact communicating with Chief without using transmissions. This could also potentially explain how Chief is immune to the Composer, as the Ur-Didact was as well.

However, because the way imprints and geis work, the Ur-Didact talking to Chief without using transmissions isn’t the same one that he is battling, just the same personality (correct me if I’m wrong). Because of this, when the actual Ur-Didact communicates with him he has to use transmissions, which allows Cortana to find him.

This whole “Didact telepathically speaking to chief” thing confuses me. Did they ever touch upon this in the books? It sounds familiar but I feel like ot was never fully elaborated. Maybe I wasnt paying attention.

I mean, can cheif always hear him? Like if chief is trying to fall asleep will didact start speaking in his head?

Also, where did his voice come from at the end of the Librarian cutscene?

why would anybody be given the Imprint of the UR-Didact after what happened in silientium?

The depth of the limitations of the geas and imprints and stuff are not exactly strictly defined.

Closest thing I can think of is the ancient humans hearing/seeing the voices/memories of their memory imprints, but the memories were actually in them so…

This is speculation based off of nothing at all, but in starcraft humans evolved to develop some basic psionic powers. Maybe somewhere down the road in our evolution we develop psychic abilities and the librarians thing unlocked it. Though we were de-evolved, evolution wise we never stopped progressing from the ancient space faring humans, we just lost all of our tech.

I’m going to say no, but I don’t know how else to explain it.

I wonder if Chief is becoming the “human-Didact”

> why would anybody be given the Imprint of the UR-Didact after what happened in silientium?

Obviously because it’s the smartest thing to do, but really there is no point, especially after how upset she got with the Ur-Didact, she’d be the last person in the universe to do that

> I wonder if Chief is becoming the “human-Didact”

please no, 2 didacts are enough

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> > I wonder if Chief is becoming the “human-Didact”
>
> please no, 2 didacts are enough

I’d actually take the time to mod Halo 5 or Halo 6 to be able to shoot myself in the head if that happened…

> He doesn’t hear the Didacts voice until he steps into the communication beam and during the next level he is heard over the radio.
>
> So whatever the librarian did to him allowed chief to be communicated with the didact as he would other forerunners

This isn’t exactly true. You can do 2 first towers in Shutout in either order. Most the dialogues occur in the same order regardless of which tower you go to first.

> > He doesn’t hear the Didacts voice until he steps into the communication beam and during the next level he is heard over the radio.
> >
> > So whatever the librarian did to him allowed chief to be communicated with the didact as he would other forerunners
>
> This isn’t exactly true. You can do 2 first towers in Shutout in either order. Most the dialogues occur in the same order regardless of which tower you go to first.

But i am pretty sure they mean for you to follow directions and go through the towers in the certain order brought up. Which makes what i brought up more relevant.

> > I wonder if Chief is becoming the “human-Didact”
>
> please no, 2 didacts are enough

John 117 is to humans as the Ur-Didact was to Forerunners.

They are both the full strength of their kind.

The Ur-Didact was replaced after being presumed dead, and the Master Chief will probably suffer the same fate.

Both of them have had direct communications with a Gravemind and both of them have lost their lovers.

Does anyone else see any resemblance?

Maybe there is some kind of ridiculous connection being attempted between the “telepathic” abilities of the Gravemind that we witnessed in H3, and the “telepathic” communication that we supposedly see between John and the Didact in H4.

Remember, the Mantle of Responsability belongs to those whose evolution is most complete.