Didact’s Epilogue speech

The last few lines are very interesting “The reclamation has already begun. And we are hopeless to stop it.”. Who is Reclamation (act or process of reclaiming) and what are they reclaiming? What dose the Didact mean by “we”?

At what point in the timeline dose the Didact give this speech? In the past before the firing of the halo’s or the the present after the New Phoenix and before John kills him shortly after on insulation 05?

The time at which he gives this speech could indication the who of my first question. If it’s in the past then some possibly surviving precursors from other galaxies try an retake the mantel. But the precursors did originally intended to pass the mantel onto human’s. It could also just be the flood even-tho there the same thing. If it’s the present then there’s not another faction beside the flood for the Didact to also say we are hopeless to stop it.

I always took it that the speech was given by the Didact, during a trial he was put on due to him composing the Humans of Installation 07. The “we” probably refers to Forerunners in general.

> 2535416137186119;2:
> I always took it that the speech was given by the Didact, during a trial he was put on due to him composing the Humans of Installation 07. The “we” probably refers to Forerunners in general.

There was a no trial for that.

The speech makes no chronological sense. Catalogue has confirmed it was said during the time of the forerunners but can’t given an exact time.

> 2533274964189700;4:
> The speech makes no chronological sense. Catalogue has confirmed it was said during the time of the forerunners but can’t given an exact time.

I never knew it was set during the reign of the Encumene? In that case, my best guess is that it was said shortly after the Didact was driven insane by the Gravemind. The Didact never advocated destroying humanity during the human-Forerunner wars, despite the fact that his children were lost in the conflict. Terminal 1 makes it clear that they should “follow the Mantle.” It was only after the Gravemind tortured him that the Ur-Didact had any interest in composing humans. The Gravemind essentially told him that the Precursors intended for ancient humans to receive the mantle, and he felt betrayed after realizing his wife’s efforts supported the ascension of humanity, thereby assisting the Precursor’s ancient goals.

I’d imagine him making this speech to convince any Forerunners willing to listen to him that forcefully reducing humans into mechanical AIs was the only way to stop the Flood. He had already composed all of the Prometheans, except for few individuals such as Endurance of Will. I think he was trying to convince what little remaining Builders and Miners there were to assist him in his efforts. Because as far as we know, the Didact hasn’t contacted any other Forerunners within the ‘Next 72 Hours’ and within recent events as a whole.

I believe the speech was given during the Ur-Didact’s trial for his

> 2533274812652989;3:
> > 2535416137186119;2:
> > I always took it that the speech was given by the Didact, during a trial he was put on due to him composing the Humans of Installation 07. The “we” probably refers to Forerunners in general.
>
>
> There was a no trial for that.

Perhaps it was a speech he gave to his Warrior-Servants before they willingly became composed and turned into Prometheans?

> 2533274832341423;6:
> I believe the speech was given during the Ur-Didact’s trial for his
>
> > 2533274812652989;3:
> > > 2535416137186119;2:
> > > I always took it that the speech was given by the Didact, during a trial he was put on due to him composing the Humans of Installation 07. The “we” probably refers to Forerunners in general.
> >
> >
> >
> > There was a no trial for that.
>
>
> Perhaps it was a speech he gave to his Warrior-Servants before they willingly became composed and turned into Prometheans?

As for Forerunners who were composed they were called Protheans. Prometheans would be after them when the humans became composed. Which the names Protheans and Prometheans are very ironic to the whole situation.

> 2533274821609239;7:
> As for Forerunners who were composed they were called Protheans. Prometheans would be after them when the humans became composed. Which the names Protheans and Prometheans are very ironic to the whole situation.

The Protheans are from Mass Effect. The Prometheans have always been identified as such, both in biological and mechanical form. The second- and third-generation Knights (being made from composed humans) aren’t actually Prometheans but they bear the name nonetheless.

> 2535416137186119;2:
> I always took it that the speech was given by the Didact, during a trial he was put on due to him composing the Humans of Installation 07. The “we” probably refers to Forerunners in general.

See always thought it could have reflected his thoughts in a trial that takes place after Halo 4, where he has to be, yet again, explaining his ferocity towards humanity.