Didact Not Our Enemy?

I’m not so sure we’re fighting Didact as much as we’ll be fighting alongside Didact.

After all he didn’t like the plan to cleanse the universe using Halo’s the first time, why would he now? John and the Didact have similar paths regarding resistance to Halo’s but both align in terms of upholding the Mantle.

Further we need serious firepower or allies on our side this time, all these new enemies, multiple factions, more advanced technology and being the disadvantaged underdog again I think we’ll see Didact help or lead us.

Microsoft press pages confirm the orange sphere image named as “cryptum”. Currently we only know of one cryptum, Didact’s. I believe the “sphere and him” are referring to Didact & his cryptum.

Just look at the scanning that orange sphere did, it most likely confirmed who John is and then chose to leave him alone. The sphere and technology could have easily run over and killed or attacked John right there. It or more specifically I assume the Didact chose NOT to attack John.

This seems to parallel the Halo 3 trailer by intentionally misleading or not disclosing the allies vs. enemies too early.

After reading the books and seeing these vidoes with Didact’s comment “I have dreamt of this day Reclaimer” I believe the connotation is he’s happy to finally having a second shot a stopping the Forerunners and Halo cleansing plans.

What do you think?

In addition: Cortana said “we know where he’s heading” then it means:

1. They’ve already encountered “him” before that sequence of events.

2. This would now be twice John has not been killed by “him”.

3. The sphere scanned John and decided to leave him alone, implies friendly if you ask me.

He most likely won’t be. The symbol at the end was his, but it was reddish-orange and turned upside down. I believe the different color of the symbol as well as its apparent appearance on the Promethean AI’s(The Watcher, Crawler, and Knight), implies corruption. And the only two things we know of to have been corrupted on the Forerunner side of things, are the Master Builder Faber, who likely became part of the Flood or at least escaped Installation 07(He hates Humanity by the way), or Mendicant Bias, who was corrupted by the Primordial. I agree that the Didact wouldn’t make sense as the main antagonist unless a very good reason was given.

Im putting all bets on Faber.

Well both The Didact and Faber made Mendicant Bias. so it could have something to do with that. also the symbol at the end isn’t the Didact’s it has subtle differences.
So it could be the sign of the Prometheans(but corrupt), since The Didact was a full-rate Promethean(his symbol could have been based off the Promethean one). so the Promethean AI’s(The Watcher, Crawler, and Knight). could have been control by something or someone.(Faber?).

> In addition: Cortana said “we know where he’s heading” then it means:
>
> 1. They’ve already encountered “him” before that sequence of events.
>
> 2. This would now be twice John has not been killed by “him”.
>
> 3. The sphere scanned John and decided to leave him alone, implies friendly if you ask me.

Not to mention that John slowly started lowering his weapon right after identifying the sphere. I don’t know about you, but I wouldn’t start lowering my weapon away from a giant, ominous looking sphere like that unless I knew it wasn’t a threat to me. And then, yeah, Cortana saying “You know where he’s heading,” implying to me that this sphere is being controlled by a man, and how would they know that?

I also picked up a sense of familiarity in her tone. I’d say that sphere was being controlled by the Didact, and I’d agree with you in saying that by this point, they’ve already made contact with him, he doesn’t consider them a threat, and the feeling is mutual. If that’s the case, obviously the defensive AI of Requiem is not under the Didact’s control. He’s not the enemy but the Forerunner AI and what’s controlling them is.

And that line at the end of the demo, “I have long dreamt of this day, Reclaimer.” That doesn’t sound inherently threatening to me at all. If I had to guess, I’d say John somehow helped the Didact with his plans to take back control of Requiem. Maybe he set him free.

We’ve seen that orange/red lights generally mean bad or rampant. Some later footage shows those units with blue lights, meaning there ould be 2 factions.

Also, they were built to be “like” prometheans, but truly aren’t really like prometheans. Who in the heck would “build” faux-prometheans? Would it be someone from the “builder” caste? Perhaps the “Master Builder”?

It’s all a bit curious.

> Im putting all bets on Faber.

Makes sense. He hates humanity. Also the Didact befriends the humans in Cryptum. Maybe his views changed, maybe he is an ally (most likely if he is the sphere).

You can also see that John sees the sphere, then lowers his weapon. Perhaps he knew he was a friendly.

> I’m not so sure we’re fighting Didact as much as we’ll be fighting alongside Didact.
>
> After all <mark>he didn’t like the plan to cleanse the universe using Halo’s the first time, why would he now?</mark> John and the Didact have similar paths regarding resistance to Halo’s but both align in terms of upholding the Mantle.

He wholeheartedly believed in the “Mantle” the Forerunners held to protect life, and opposed the Halo Array as a sin beyond measure.
He also proposed the construction of Shield Worlds across the galaxy, in order to monitor the galaxy for Flood outbreaks and provide military support should they occur.

One other addition…

John and Cortana are really calm once they turn around and see who it is, again implying ally or at least not hostile to them.

Double post…this site is getting hammered today.

Well the glyph at the end of E3 trailer does reveal to be that of Didact so he will play a role. Here’s the link to his page: Didact

The sphere is actually a Cryptum. Perhaps the Didact is in it?

> I’m not so sure we’re fighting Didact as much as we’ll be fighting alongside Didact.
>
> After all he didn’t like the plan to cleanse the universe using Halo’s the first time, why would he now? John and the Didact have similar paths regarding resistance to Halo’s but both align in terms of upholding the Mantle.
>
> Further we need serious firepower or allies on our side this time, all these new enemies, multiple factions, more advanced technology and being the disadvantaged underdog again I think we’ll see Didact help or lead us.
>
> Just look at the scanning that orange sphere did, it most likely confirmed who John is and then chose to leave him alone. The sphere and technology could have easily run over and killed or attacked John right there. It or more specifically I assume the Didact chose NOT to attack John.
>
> This seems to parallel the Halo 3 trailer by intentionally misleading or not disclosing the allies vs. enemies too early.
>
> After reading the books and seeing these vidoes with Didact’s comment “I have dreamt of this day Reclaimer” I believe the connotation is he’s happy to finally having a second shot a stopping the Forerunners and Halo cleansing plans.
>
> What do you think?

Did anyone else notice the blue versions of the promethean creatures near the end of the campaign reveal?

> Further we need serious firepower or allies on our side this time, all these new enemies, multiple factions, more advanced technology and being the disadvantaged underdog again I think we’ll see Didact help or lead us.

Disadvantaged for the right reasons, like in CE.

> Just look at the scanning that orange sphere did, it most likely confirmed who John is and then chose to leave him alone. The sphere and technology could have easily run over and killed or attacked John right there. It or more specifically I assume the Didact chose NOT to attack John.

That seems to be the case.

> After reading the books and seeing these vidoes with Didact’s comment “I have dreamt of this day Reclaimer” I believe the connotation is he’s happy to finally having a second shot a stopping the Forerunners and Halo cleansing plans.

-Yoink- this is so exciting!

> Well the glyph at the end of E3 trailer does reveal to be that of Didact so he will play a role. Here’s the link to his page: Didact

They look pretty similar to each other but they have differences, eg the E3 symbol has one hexagon in the middle, while the Actual Didacts symbol has two hexagons (one inside the other).
I think that the symbol you see is actually the Promethean symbol. I also think that ,because The Didact was a full-rate Promethean,his symbol could have been based off the Promethean one.
also, during the live action part of the trailer, when the UNSC: Infinity is being scanned with Promethean vision the symbol appears on a computer screen.

> Did anyone else notice the blue versions of the promethean creatures near the end of the campaign reveal?

I’m thinking:

1. Classes of the same enemies, like elite & elite ultra etc.

OR

1. Factions of enemies, friend vs. foe?

OR

1. Factions of enemies that war between each other as well as us.

> The sphere is actually a Cryptum. Perhaps the Didact is in it?

Thanks for the info! i didn’t know what the sphere was. it could be that way, when the voice says “I have long dreamt of this day reclaimer” he could be saying that to chief right after the sphere scans him. that’s why it didn’t attack him???

> > In addition: Cortana said “we know where he’s heading” then it means:
> >
> > 1. They’ve already encountered “him” before that sequence of events.
> >
> > 2. This would now be twice John has not been killed by “him”.
> >
> > 3. The sphere scanned John and decided to leave him alone, implies friendly if you ask me.
>
> Not to mention that John slowly started lowering his weapon right after identifying the sphere. I don’t know about you, but I wouldn’t start lowering my weapon away from a giant, ominous looking sphere like that unless I knew it wasn’t a threat to me. And then, yeah, Cortana saying “You know where he’s heading,” implying to me that this sphere is being controlled by a man, and how would they know that?
>
> I also picked up a sense of familiarity in her tone. I’d say that sphere was being controlled by the Didact, and I’d agree with you in saying that by this point, they’ve already made contact with him, he doesn’t consider them a threat, and the feeling is mutual. If that’s the case, obviously the defensive AI of Requiem is not under the Didact’s control. He’s not the enemy but the Forerunner AI and what’s controlling them is.
>
> And that line at the end of the demo, “I have long dreamt of this day, Reclaimer.” That doesn’t sound inherently threatening to me at all. If I had to guess, I’d say John somehow helped the Didact with his plans to take back control of Requiem. Maybe he set him free.

That goes with my two factions of forerunner theory as per the friggin blue promethean creature variants near the end of the campaign reveal, anyone else notice that?

> Im putting all bets on Faber.

It could be the Precursors or just the captive (the supposed “last Precursor”). It would be fitting for the Precursor(s) to find a way to turn the Forerunner’s own technology and defensive AI against them, considering that the Forerunners “ruthlessly destroyed” the Precursors using said technology.