Didact/Forerunmers hating humans=no sense

According to the books after the human-forerunner war someone could even say that the forerunner even regretted destroying humans because they discovered that it was the flood they caused humans to be cruel and offensive (seizing planets).

That does not make at all sense with the speculated halo 4 story + the “I have long waited for this day Reclaimer”

Wtf have you waited for thousands of years just to exterminate humanity once more?
That is stupid.

I really hope that there are some good plot points in the game.

The Didact is probably corrupted. After all, thus far the Didact and Ancient Evil have been referenced as separate individuals.

> According to the books after the human-forerunner war someone could even say that the forerunner even regretted destroying humans because they discovered that it was the flood they caused humans to be cruel and offensive (seizing planets).
>
> That does not make at all sense with the speculated halo 4 story + the “I have long waited for this day Reclaimer”
>
> Wtf have you waited for thousands of years just to exterminate humanity once more?
> That is stupid.
>
> I really hope that there are some good plot points in the game.

Crankiness over the fact he thinks the Librarian is dead because she stayed with the Humans. At least, that’s my understanding.

It will probably get cleared up as we play Halo 4

Lets see.

First kill in the human covenant war was a rock thrown by an engineer.

The covenant convinced the engineers that humans would force them to destroy forerunner relics and tech.

Without spoilers from Thursday war, I think if the Didact was misinformed by the storm he could make sense as our adversary for one game. They never said he was evil in regards to us, but seriously, if your on the receiving end of his warpath then he could been seen as evil.

From what I’ve read, it’s not in his personality. You’d think after a few 10 thousand years, one would gain some wisdom and appreciation for another’s decisions. Besides, the didact respected humanity in the books, so I see no real reason why he’d go against all that.

> From what I’ve read, it’s not in his personality. You’d think after a few 10 thousand years, one would gain some wisdom and appreciation for another’s decisions. Besides, the didact respected humanity in the books, so I see no real reason why he’d go against all that.

Remember, there’s 2 of him out there.

> Lets see.
>
> First kill in the human covenant war was a rock thrown by an engineer.
>
> The covenant convinced the engineers that humans would force them to destroy forerunner relics and tech.
>
> Without spoilers from Thursday war, <mark>I think if the Didact was misinformed by the storm he could make sense as our adversary for one game.</mark> They never said he was evil in regards to us, but seriously, if your on the receiving end of his warpath then he could been seen as evil.

That makes sense. It would be easy to tell him that we blew up two of his toys. I imagine he’d be pretty pissed.

Maybe his little talk with… huh, maybe should use spoilers.

Maybe his little talk with the Primordial changed his mind. And whatever else, he is a Forerunner; they were considered a “failed” species by the Precursors for a reason, a reason I feel probably ties in with whatever reaction he had to being told his race wasn’t supposed to be in power. I hate to say it (Didact is my fave character), but maybe it’s simply not possible to be an actually good Forerunner

> > From what I’ve read, it’s not in his personality. You’d think after a few 10 thousand years, one would gain some wisdom and appreciation for another’s decisions. Besides, the didact respected humanity in the books, so I see no real reason why he’d go against all that.
>
> Remember, there’s 2 of him out there.

2 Didacts? lolno

> > > From what I’ve read, it’s not in his personality. You’d think after a few 10 thousand years, one would gain some wisdom and appreciation for another’s decisions. Besides, the didact respected humanity in the books, so I see no real reason why he’d go against all that.
> >
> > Remember, there’s 2 of him out there.
>
> 2 Didacts? lolno

The Ur-Didact and the Bornsteller-Didact. Try again.

> > From what I’ve read, it’s not in his personality. You’d think after a few 10 thousand years, one would gain some wisdom and appreciation for another’s decisions. Besides, the didact respected humanity in the books, so I see no real reason why he’d go against all that.
>
> Remember, there’s 2 of him out there.

I’ve only read the first book, so I know 2 existed, but I thought 1 died.

> > > From what I’ve read, it’s not in his personality. You’d think after a few 10 thousand years, one would gain some wisdom and appreciation for another’s decisions. Besides, the didact respected humanity in the books, so I see no real reason why he’d go against all that.
> >
> > Remember, there’s 2 of him out there.
>
> 2 Didacts? lolno

Bornstellar and the original, yeah. Turns out, Master Builder thought killing him would be too nice.

> > > > From what I’ve read, it’s not in his personality. You’d think after a few 10 thousand years, one would gain some wisdom and appreciation for another’s decisions. Besides, the didact respected humanity in the books, so I see no real reason why he’d go against all that.
> > >
> > > Remember, there’s 2 of him out there.
> >
> > 2 Didacts? lolno
>
> Bornstellar and the original, yeah. Turns out, Master Builder thought killing him would be too nice.

To my knowledge, the old Didact was able to transfer some of his consciousness into Bornsteller, thus being reborn. This Didact is a combo of Bornsteller and the original.

> > > > > From what I’ve read, it’s not in his personality. You’d think after a few 10 thousand years, one would gain some wisdom and appreciation for another’s decisions. Besides, the didact respected humanity in the books, so I see no real reason why he’d go against all that.
> > > >
> > > > Remember, there’s 2 of him out there.
> > >
> > > 2 Didacts? lolno
> >
> > Bornstellar and the original, yeah. Turns out, Master Builder thought killing him would be too nice.
>
> To my knowledge, the old Didact was able to transfer some of his consciousness into Bornsteller, thus being reborn. This Didact is a combo of Bornsteller and the original.

The original Didact still lives.

> > > > > > From what I’ve read, it’s not in his personality. You’d think after a few 10 thousand years, one would gain some wisdom and appreciation for another’s decisions. Besides, the didact respected humanity in the books, so I see no real reason why he’d go against all that.
> > > > >
> > > > > Remember, there’s 2 of him out there.
> > > >
> > > > 2 Didacts? lolno
> > >
> > > Bornstellar and the original, yeah. Turns out, Master Builder thought killing him would be too nice.
> >
> > To my knowledge, the old Didact was able to transfer some of his consciousness into Bornsteller, thus being reborn. This Didact is a combo of Bornsteller and the original.
>
> The original Didact still lives.

Although considering where he is, I’d bet he wish he didn’t.

I think we can reasonably assume the Requiem Didact is Ur-Didact, right?

> > > > > > > From what I’ve read, it’s not in his personality. You’d think after a few 10 thousand years, one would gain some wisdom and appreciation for another’s decisions. Besides, the didact respected humanity in the books, so I see no real reason why he’d go against all that.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Remember, there’s 2 of him out there.
> > > > >
> > > > > 2 Didacts? lolno
> > > >
> > > > Bornstellar and the original, yeah. Turns out, Master Builder thought killing him would be too nice.
> > >
> > > To my knowledge, the old Didact was able to transfer some of his consciousness into Bornsteller, thus being reborn. This Didact is a combo of Bornsteller and the original.
> >
> > The original Didact still lives.
>
> Although considering where he is, I’d bet he wish he didn’t.
>
> I think we can reasonably assume the Requiem Didact is Ur-Didact, right?

Probably, but I doubt they’ll differentiate the two.

> > > > > > > > From what I’ve read, it’s not in his personality. You’d think after a few 10 thousand years, one would gain some wisdom and appreciation for another’s decisions. Besides, the didact respected humanity in the books, so I see no real reason why he’d go against all that.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Remember, there’s 2 of him out there.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > 2 Didacts? lolno
> > > > >
> > > > > Bornstellar and the original, yeah. Turns out, Master Builder thought killing him would be too nice.
> > > >
> > > > To my knowledge, the old Didact was able to transfer some of his consciousness into Bornsteller, thus being reborn. This Didact is a combo of Bornsteller and the original.
> > >
> > > The original Didact still lives.
> >
> > Although considering where he is, I’d bet he wish he didn’t.
> >
> > I think we can reasonably assume the Requiem Didact is Ur-Didact, right?
>
> Probably, but I doubt they’ll differentiate the two.

Atleast not in game. Not yet, gotta ease the gamer only types into the finer points of the lore.

> Atleast not in game. Not yet, gotta ease the gamer only types into the finer points of the lore.

Good luck explaining the Precursors, ancient humans, etc.

> > Atleast not in game. Not yet, gotta ease the gamer only types into the finer points of the lore.
>
> Good luck explaining the Precursors, ancient humans, etc.

No doubt, they’ll need all three games to let em down easy lol