Didact, Bornstellar, Humanity And Reclamation

So I think most of us have pretty much figured out at this point that Didact is an enemy in Halo 4, but is he the main enemy? Why is he an enemy in the first place? Is it the original Didact or Bornstellar? If Humans are meant to be the Reclaimers of the Forerunner Empire why the hostility? And lastly, if the Forerunners hated Humans so much why give them what’s left of the empire to begin with?! I have a theory.

From Cryptum we know that although not the same species Humans and Forerunner are related somehow through the Precursors. They look nearly identical in their non-mutated forms, share a considerable amount of DNA and both species were created/elevated by the Precursors and tested with the Flood to see which race was worthy of inheriting the Mantle. We know now that the Precursors saw the Forerunners as a failed experiment and were planning on wiping them out, but the Forerunner got wind of it and destroyed them first. Then while battling the flood Humanity in an act of desperation start invading Forerunner space driving both races into a brutal war. Claiming to be the true inheritors of the Mantle, Humanity drives the Forerunner leadership into a rage causing the near extinction and de-evolution of the Human race.

In the aftermath of the Human-Forerunner war the Flood is re-released upon the galaxy; over-running every Forerunner defense. Seeing no other way to rid the galaxy of this terrible menace the Halo Arrays, Arks and Shield Worlds are created to wipe out the flood and save life in the galaxy. Of course things don’t go according to plan and the Forerunners are driven to exticntion(as far as we know). In an act of what might be redemption or as a gesture to a sibling species that was unfairly judged and punished the Forerunners decide to make Humanity the inheritors of everything they left behind.
Or is there more to it than simply passing a torch for the guardianship of the galaxy?

Could the role of Recalimation have more to it than simply inheriting the Forerunner’s role in the galaxy? Could it be possible that the Forerunner’s who decided to give Humans the Mantle did for more than pure guilt and that some of the Forerunners who survived the firing of the arrays never liked the idea, hence “Evil Didact”. It’s alluded to early in Cryptum like in the Halo-3 terminals the Forerunners aren’t 100% sure of their origin and Humans were a bit of a surprise when they showed up. Now this idea sort of circles back to Forerunners=Humans, just not directly. Could the Forerunners have evolved on Earth initially and transplanted on another planet as a part of an experiment by the Precursor? Unsatisfied with their initial experiment the Precursor went back to the source material for creating another race worthy of the Mantle?

We don’t know anything about the new trilogy. In my opinion the “Ancient Evil” is a NEW character with terrible secrets that tie with the first Trilogy (The Covenant, The Flood, Humanity) and also Prometheans (Forerunners) and Precursors. We just have to wait, i hope it’s an Ancient Precursor AI.

Sorry. Forgot to add in the bit about where Born and the original Didact fits into all of this. From reading Cryptum and the Terminals it doesn’t seem like Born would be the “Evil Didact”. He shows a big respect and kin-ship towards Humans, while the original Didact having lost his children to the Human-Forerunner War has a deep hatred towards them, despite admitting he went overboard when punishing Humanity in their defeat. Now if the original Didact did indeed survive everything in Cryptum he would have eventually found out that most of the Forerunners where vaporized by the arrays, his wife thinking him dead took Bornstellar as her new husband and later died ensuring Humanity would make it to the Ark. Add to this the fact that his old enemies have inherited what used to be his empire, I can understand why he’d be just a little upset.

I’m just hoping we see some actual flesh and blood Forerunners and not just an AI with Forerunner consciousnes downloading into it. I’m guessing that’s what the giant black-ish, glowy, floating ball of doom is in the E3 demo.

The “ball of doom” is a Cryptum.

Is the Cryptum idea official or just theory? O_O

Well i officially don’t know if its official but everywhere is saying that it is. 343 have neither denied nor said it was, meaning it is a Cryptum. :stuck_out_tongue:

The reason the Didact is evil is simple. A halo ring, and the ark have been destoyed. The flood has been loosed once again. This undoes everything he was trying to do by firing the Halos in the first place. Now hes angry, very angry!

I can understand why that would make him angry but why would he be angry at us? We defeated the flood and stopped the rings from being activated, blowing one up in the process and one of the Arks. The Didact opposed the Halo array so built his shield worlds instead.

> Is the Cryptum idea official or just theory? O_O

http://press.xbox360.com/products/p51/halo-4?grp=Blockbuster+Games&event=5
click on the artwork tab and look at the image names

Yup, it’s a Cryptum. Wow. Looks like we’ll be seeing living Forerunners after all. Awesome.

> The reason the Didact is evil is simple. A halo ring, and the ark have been destoyed. The flood has been loosed once again. This undoes everything he was trying to do by firing the Halos in the first place. Now hes angry, very angry!

No, the Didact would be happy that the rings were destroyed. They went against everything he believed in. He was exiled for opposing the rings. And he’d be ecstatic we took the flood out with them.

At the end of Primordium the AI of Chakas said he knows where the Librarian is so she might be alive still.

> The reason the Didact is evil is simple. A halo ring, and the ark have been destoyed. The flood has been loosed once again. This undoes everything he was trying to do by firing the Halos in the first place. Now hes angry, very angry!

Except the Didact hated the rings. He was exiled for opposing them in the first place, and hesitated to use them right until the last second.

And the Flood was stopped, no worries. He is smart enough to understand Humanity’s situation. He wouldn’t want the Flood to spread again, even if it meant the destruction of a Halo ring or two.

So, if Didact is in the Cryptum that was flying around in the E3 demo you think he has been corrupted somehow by something then?