Did you like Tip of The Spear?

To be totally honest i hated the level xD Bungie said it would be an “instant fan favorite” last summer but i expected a whole lot more. I thought that you would actually be in the giant battle instead of off in the sidelines doing a job that the UNSC army is too lazy to do themselves…

I didn’t really care for any of the levels really. All you really did was kill enemies while going from A to B without any real story or objectives.

Am I the only one who really loved that level? The soundtrack was incredible, the spear scene felt very Halo and was a nice twists, awesome custcenes… Most def one of my favorite levels. I really don’t get the hate on Reach’s campaign.

The cutscenes in this level were great. The rest was not so great. Seriously what happened to Bungie while they made the campaign levels? They are all boring and not special.

> The cutscenes in this level were great. The rest was not so great. Seriously what happened to Bungie while they made the campaign levels? They are all boring and not special.

I just rebeat Halo Reachs campaign and I will say I love it. But it’s too small and short. Missions to short and the whole campaign is too short.

IMO everything about Reach is to little, maps, campaign so on.

It was okay. We really should’ve been were the Scarabs were, though. That would’ve made for a fun, and challenging level.

its fun in co-op

I found it extremly boring.

There’s only one way to describe it:

“Bait and Switch”

I hate Halo: reach, full on. I can’t say much nice things about it. The campaign has almost 0 replay value (Compared to H3’s campaign which i still very much play today), They mutilated and gouged the Virtual eyes from the Multiplayer, Made things far too easy. Even the campaign on Legendary wasn’t too hard, I can breeze through a level with next to 0 deaths.

I can only hope that 343i don’t follow Reach’s ideas, But at the most improvise and maybe tweak a thing or two. But mostly I want the Classic MP back.

This should be in the campaign section…

> > The cutscenes in this level were great. The rest was not so great. Seriously what happened to Bungie while they made the campaign levels? They are all boring and not special.
>
> I just rebeat Halo Reachs campaign and I will say I love it. But it’s too small and short. Missions to short and the whole campaign is too short.
>
> IMO everything about Reach is to little, maps, campaign so on.

That is what happens when a developer tries to turn a game into a “CoD-style fps shooter”. Which basically takes all fun, skill and tactics from the gameplay. Guy with jetpack = Snipe. guy in Vehicle = Snipe, Guy with sword/shotgun = Evade+snipe. Guy on foot = DMR. See where I’m getting at? And don’t get me started on the covenant Arsenal…Every weapon sucks horribly, They removed the Carbine for that shitey weapon Neddle Rifle. They removed covvie Sniper for a sniper sentinal beam, Plasma Repeater is absolute garbage. Plasma Rifle is irrelevent in the game as nobody uses it.

Whenever I’m an Elite I only use plasma Pistol, then I try and kill someone for their (garbage new look) AR. The new Pistol sucks horribly. has low accuracy and high Recoil. Shotgun is much harder to use seeing as the very bugged Shield System can prevent any HP damage if the shot isn’t straight on… I’m almost glad Bungie are not doing any more halo. They are now with activision (ironically the publishers of CoD). I hope that Frank O’ Connor and the group at 343i Can rebirth Halo 4 into a new classic. Not a game tended for little kids. What about the Veterens???

> > > The cutscenes in this level were great. The rest was not so great. Seriously what happened to Bungie while they made the campaign levels? They are all boring and not special.
> >
> > I just rebeat Halo Reachs campaign and I will say I love it. But it’s too small and short. Missions to short and the whole campaign is too short.
> >
> > IMO everything about Reach is to little, maps, campaign so on.
>
> That is what happens when a developer tries to turn a game into a “CoD-style fps shooter”. Which basically takes all fun, skill and tactics from the gameplay. Guy with jetpack = Snipe. guy in Vehicle = Snipe, Guy with sword/shotgun = Evade+snipe. Guy on foot = DMR. See where I’m getting at? And don’t get me started on the covenant Arsenal…Every weapon sucks horribly, They removed the Carbine for that shitey weapon Neddle Rifle. They removed covvie Sniper for a sniper sentinal beam, Plasma Repeater is absolute garbage. Plasma Rifle is irrelevent in the game as nobody uses it.
>
> Whenever I’m an Elite I only use plasma Pistol, then I try and kill someone for their (garbage new look) AR. The new Pistol sucks horribly. has low accuracy and high Recoil. Shotgun is much harder to use seeing as the very bugged Shield System can prevent any HP damage if the shot isn’t straight on… I’m almost glad Bungie are not doing any more halo. They are now with activision (ironically the publishers of CoD). I hope that Frank O’ Connor and the group at 343i Can rebirth Halo 4 into a new classic. Not a game tended for little kids. What about the Veterens???

Yeah I was really happy to see Bungie move on to Activision. I agree with you. Why the hell did they take the whole fun out of the game? Was is the goal Bungie wanted to achieve with Reach? The Beta was actually for me a much more polished and more enjoyable experience than Reach was.

> > > > The cutscenes in this level were great. The rest was not so great. Seriously what happened to Bungie while they made the campaign levels? They are all boring and not special.
> > >
> > > I just rebeat Halo Reachs campaign and I will say I love it. But it’s too small and short. Missions to short and the whole campaign is too short.
> > >
> > > IMO everything about Reach is to little, maps, campaign so on.
> >
> > That is what happens when a developer tries to turn a game into a “CoD-style fps shooter”. Which basically takes all fun, skill and tactics from the gameplay. Guy with jetpack = Snipe. guy in Vehicle = Snipe, Guy with sword/shotgun = Evade+snipe. Guy on foot = DMR. See where I’m getting at? And don’t get me started on the covenant Arsenal…Every weapon sucks horribly, They removed the Carbine for that shitey weapon Neddle Rifle. They removed covvie Sniper for a sniper sentinal beam, Plasma Repeater is absolute garbage. Plasma Rifle is irrelevent in the game as nobody uses it.
> >
> > Whenever I’m an Elite I only use plasma Pistol, then I try and kill someone for their (garbage new look) AR. The new Pistol sucks horribly. has low accuracy and high Recoil. Shotgun is much harder to use seeing as the very bugged Shield System can prevent any HP damage if the shot isn’t straight on… I’m almost glad Bungie are not doing any more halo. They are now with activision (ironically the publishers of CoD). I hope that Frank O’ Connor and the group at 343i Can rebirth Halo 4 into a new classic. Not a game tended for little kids. What about the Veterens???
>
> Yeah I was really happy to see Bungie move on to Activision. I agree with you. Why the hell did they take the whole fun out of the game? Was is the goal Bungie wanted to achieve with Reach? The Beta was actually for me a much more polished and more enjoyable experience than Reach was.

Im pretty sure the topic wasnt bash the entiredy of Reach. But the lvl…I have heard these complaints a million times.

> > > > The cutscenes in this level were great. The rest was not so great. Seriously what happened to Bungie while they made the campaign levels? They are all boring and not special.
> > >
> > > I just rebeat Halo Reachs campaign and I will say I love it. But it’s too small and short. Missions to short and the whole campaign is too short.
> > >
> > > IMO everything about Reach is to little, maps, campaign so on.
> >
> > That is what happens when a developer tries to turn a game into a “CoD-style fps shooter”. Which basically takes all fun, skill and tactics from the gameplay. Guy with jetpack = Snipe. guy in Vehicle = Snipe, Guy with sword/shotgun = Evade+snipe. Guy on foot = DMR. See where I’m getting at? And don’t get me started on the covenant Arsenal…Every weapon sucks horribly, They removed the Carbine for that shitey weapon Neddle Rifle. They removed covvie Sniper for a sniper sentinal beam, Plasma Repeater is absolute garbage. Plasma Rifle is irrelevent in the game as nobody uses it.
> >
> > Whenever I’m an Elite I only use plasma Pistol, then I try and kill someone for their (garbage new look) AR. The new Pistol sucks horribly. has low accuracy and high Recoil. Shotgun is much harder to use seeing as the very bugged Shield System can prevent any HP damage if the shot isn’t straight on… I’m almost glad Bungie are not doing any more halo. They are now with activision (ironically the publishers of CoD). I hope that Frank O’ Connor and the group at 343i Can rebirth Halo 4 into a new classic. Not a game tended for little kids. What about the Veterens???
>
> Yeah I was really happy to see Bungie move on to Activision. I agree with you. Why the hell did they take the whole fun out of the game? Was is the goal Bungie wanted to achieve with Reach? The Beta was actually for me a much more polished and more enjoyable experience than Reach was.

I 100% Agree with you. the BETA was awesome! there was nothing wrong with it at all! But for some reason Bungie didn’t like it so they changed it.

(P.S I hate Cod and activision :P)

I loved the soundtrack. The level was my favourite in reach even though it was terrible. It was the only one you could drive a wide range of vehicles. Like in most of the other halo’s had loads of missions where you could drive vehicles.

Don’t forget that halo Reach has NO Desert tank/scarab/Wraith fights, has no levels where you can fly over a vast ocean and then take on roomfulls of flood whilst fighting alongside Elites. And the epic fight against two Scarabs at once! I find it pathetic that Carter had to kill himself fighting one! While John took on about 6-10 Scarabs in Halo 2-3.

Which Proves that John is the real badass of the halo world!

Just Tip of The Spear? I gotta say, I was really disappointed with that level (don’t even get me started on the rest of Reach). Bungie indicated that this level was going to be huge and epic and would leave a lasting impression. This level instead was moderately repetitive (you took out an AA turret? Good, go kill another!), the terrain was tasteless and had poor aesthetics, the encounters could have been much funner, and etc etc. The only part that it gets “epic” at is when you get a Rocket 'Hog (woo-hoo, whatever) and when you hop on the on-rails Falcon ride.

It did leave a lasting impression though.

A bad one.

Tip of the Spear isn’t really bad, but you get the feeling the devs didn’t know what they want or were unable to decide what kind of mission TotS is going to be.

On one hand TotS appears to be a vehcile-based mission. You get a Rocket Hog quite early, and you can also drive a normal Hog, Ghosts, Revenants, and hijacked Wraiths and Banshees. And you get to be gunner of a Falcon. But every single time you get into a vehicle and go “WOOHOO! VEHICLE CARNAGE!”, all you get to do is to drive to the next structure you have to fight through on foot again, and maybe kill a handful of Grunts of Skirmishers along the way.

The actual purpose of the vehicles is just to get you from one encounter to the next more quickly than if you had to walk, and to create the illusion that you actually get to do something along the way.

I love it. Not my faviroute but i find it fun.