Did you like the H5 Guardians beta armory?

I didn’t play the Halo 5: Guardians beta, but I’ve been watching a lot of gameplay videos on it, and I noticed a few players nearly collecting all armor available in the beta.

I was wondering, does the Halo community like the way the Halo 5 armory is set up, where you can only customize your helmet, visor color, and body armor?

Or would you rather an armory like Halo 4’s, where you have much more customization options, like helmet, visor, chest, shoulder, wrist, legs, etc.

Armor sets is the biggest devolution and stripping of choice in halo 5 thus far. there’s always a suit with better shoulders, another with better forearms, and another with better legs, that’s why people never wore one set in 4, but I guess they want us to be discontent and unsatisfied with our armor if they keep sets in the final release.

Josh Holmes has said that a new kind of armor system coming in halo 5. Just be patient and we’ll see soon enough. :slight_smile:

> 2533274894863132;2:
> Armor sets is the biggest devolution and stripping of choice in halo 5 thus far. there’s always a suit with better shoulders, another with better forearms, and another with better legs, that’s why people never wore one set in 4, but I guess they want us to be discontent and unsatisfied with our armor if they keep sets in the final release.

The point of the beta was play test and feedback. Armor was not the most important thing in that so they put in a stripped down version

> 2533274889350043;4:
> > 2533274894863132;2:
> > Armor sets is the biggest devolution and stripping of choice in halo 5 thus far. there’s always a suit with better shoulders, another with better forearms, and another with better legs, that’s why people never wore one set in 4, but I guess they want us to be discontent and unsatisfied with our armor if they keep sets in the final release.
>
>
> The point of the beta was play test and feedback. Armor was not the most important thing in that so they put in a stripped down version

If I was making armour I would build it as sets and then split it into individual pieces.

> 2533274844984484;5:
> > 2533274889350043;4:
> > > 2533274894863132;2:
> > > Armor sets is the biggest devolution and stripping of choice in halo 5 thus far. there’s always a suit with better shoulders, another with better forearms, and another with better legs, that’s why people never wore one set in 4, but I guess they want us to be discontent and unsatisfied with our armor if they keep sets in the final release.
> >
> >
> > The point of the beta was play test and feedback. Armor was not the most important thing in that so they put in a stripped down version
>
>
> If I was making armour I would build it as sets and then split it into individual pieces.

There is a new system coming. Just wait and see

I’d be cool with a basic Helmet/Torso/Legs/Arms combination. I don’t need to be able to pick different shoulders from arms, as long as there are enough variants for each piece.

Obviously the Beta had a watered down armor system because it was about play testing, not sitting around in the character menu for 20 minutes trying to decide which armor you liked best (which I often do in games).

No, I did not like it at all. I mean it was fine for the beta, obviously, but I sorely hope the final version is expanded a great deal, more similar to Reach and Halo 4.

If it is the same as the beta, that would be a huge step backwards.

> 2533274800197828;8:
> No, I did not like it at all. I mean it was fine for the beta, obviously, but I sorely hope the final version is expanded a great deal, more similar to Reach and Halo 4.
>
> If it is the same as the beta, that would be a huge step backwards.

In the Halo: Reach beta, the armory style was already mostly laid out and no major changes were made from the beta armory to the final armory- that’s why I’m concerned what we see in the Guardians beta is what we’re going to get upon the game’s release.

But then again, this is 343 making this beta, not Bungie. It’s also 343’s first Halo beta, so who knows what we should expect.

I have already stated that 343 said that the beta wasn’t representative of the final game but yet people are still saying that the final game will be the same as the beta.

Didn’t really even pay attention to it was having too much fun playing the 4v4. :stuck_out_tongue:

Think they could maybe tone down Helioskrill lol

I wasn’t happy, my dude kept turning pink- er, I mean lightish red.

I sure hope the final build allows us to REALLY customize our Spartan. And get that emblem on the armor already!

> 2533274858646258;12:
> Think they could maybe tone down Helioskrill lol

I actually really like the Helioskrill, although I agree it could be a little toned-down.
I’ve always wanted a Sangheili type of armor for Spartans.

> In the Halo: Reach beta, the armory style was already mostly laid out and no major changes were made from the beta armory to the final armory- that’s why I’m concerned what we see in the Guardians beta is what we’re going to get upon the game’s release.

True but the Reach beta was in May with a September release whereas H5 had a beta in December with an October release the following year. Hopefully those extra 6-7 months makes a big difference.

I think the beta customization was one of the main Work In Progress parts of halo 5, but when the full release is out, I expect an amoury as big as Reach. Halo 4 had too much making some armor too unfamiliar

they better bring back combat webbing and accessories from Halo Reach. -Yoinking!- miss the Kukri Knife.

> 2533274917158807;9:
> > 2533274800197828;8:
> > No, I did not like it at all. I mean it was fine for the beta, obviously, but I sorely hope the final version is expanded a great deal, more similar to Reach and Halo 4.
> >
> > If it is the same as the beta, that would be a huge step backwards.
>
>
> In the Halo: Reach beta, the armory style was already mostly laid out and no major changes were made from the beta armory to the final armory- that’s why I’m concerned what we see in the Guardians beta is what we’re going to get upon the game’s release.
>
> But then again, this is 343 making this beta, not Bungie. It’s also 343’s first Halo beta, so who knows what we should expect.

Thats not true in the Reach Beta you could only change Helmet, chest and shoulders. in the full game you also had wrists, knees, utility and visor.

> 2533274882881665;16:
> I think the beta customization was one of the main Work In Progress parts of halo 5, but when the full release is out, I expect an amoury as big as Reach. Halo 4 had too much making some armor too unfamiliar

I’m pretty baffled by the number of people I see running around in H4 MCC using the unicorn Spartan.

> 2533274917158807;14:
> > 2533274858646258;12:
> > Think they could maybe tone down Helioskrill lol
>
>
> I actually really like the Helioskrill, although I agree it could be a little toned-down.
> I’ve always wanted a Sangheili type of armor for Spartans.

What is there to be “toned down?” We’ve had samurai armor and katanas but elite armor is waaaaaaaay too much. We’ve had flaming heads, lightning storms, grunt birthday party and helmets with no visor.