Did you know that the DMR is easier to use?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

You could hammer away at the trigger and hardly worry about aiming. Why? Because once you’re unleashing hell it doesn’t matter where you aim, as long as it’s near the head and not entirely fixed on center. You can’t do that with the BR. Tell me, you’ve realized this? Video kind of related. It’s what you sound like when you lose.

I believe that it’s something that most Halo 4 players have realized, yes.

What is the point of this thread?

> You can’t do that with the BR.

Yeah you could. Even with the Magnum in CE.

Yes it is…unfortunately, players use it b/c they say its “OP”. I use it, not b/c its OP, but i use it b/c i like the concept of the DMR. I was hooked on it since Halo Reach, and i rather have the DMR as my starting Precision Loadout than the Battle Rifle.

Wow, that’s something no one on this forum has mentioned yet…oh wait there’s 500 threads a day about this.

Aaaand the obligatory “I’m allowed to post my opinion” rebuttal in 5, 4, 3…

> Yes it is…unfortunately, players use it b/c they say its “OP”. I use it, not b/c its OP, but i use it b/c i like the concept of the DMR. I was hooked on it since Halo Reach, and i rather have the DMR as my starting Precision Loadout than the Battle Rifle.

I completely agree, I feel the same exact way.

> > Yes it is…unfortunately, players use it b/c they say its “OP”. I use it, not b/c its OP, but i use it b/c i like the concept of the DMR. I was hooked on it since Halo Reach, and i rather have the DMR as my starting Precision Loadout than the Battle Rifle.
>
> I completely agree, I feel the same exact way.

I don’t mind players who use it because they like it. What I do mind is players who use it because it’s so overpowered. And I mind the fact that it took 6 months for 343i to get of their lazy -Yoinks!- and try to fix it.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I swear. All you idiots comparing weapons to the halo CE pistol… that was never meant to really be a multiplayer game. hence why they left the gun so op

> Wow, that’s something no one on this forum has mentioned yet…oh wait there’s 500 threads a day about this.
>
> Aaaand the obligatory “I’m allowed to post my opinion” rebuttal in 5, 4, 3…

Maybe he hasn’t been on the forums? There’s plenty of people that play this game and don’t come to the forums to see all this crap on a daily basis.

>

That’s the 3rd or 4th time you’ve called people idiots today. If you can’t enter a conversion without name calling please just leave.

I prefer the feel of the BR, although, I do use the DMR as a secondary weapon on larger maps. When it comes to the smaller closer maps, I’m cracking out the AR, but that is just to get my commendations.

> I prefer the feel of the BR, although, I do use the DMR as a secondary weapon on larger maps. When it comes to the smaller closer maps, I’m cracking out the AR, but that is just to get my commendations.

This friends is an example of someone who can use weapons appropriately and learn to adapt to given situations. As an avid DMR user myself, I also like to branch out on occasion to use other weapons that are (believe it or not) more effective in close situations.

Learn. . .
-----------Adapt. . .
-----------------------Conquer

> Wow, that’s something no one on this forum has mentioned yet…oh wait there’s 500 threads a day about this.
>
> Aaaand the obligatory “I’m allowed to post my opinion” rebuttal in 5, 4, 3…

How about “it hasn’t been fixed, so it still needs to be talked about”?

> > > Yes it is…unfortunately, players use it b/c they say its “OP”. I use it, not b/c its OP, but i use it b/c i like the concept of the DMR. I was hooked on it since Halo Reach, and i rather have the DMR as my starting Precision Loadout than the Battle Rifle.
> >
> > I completely agree, I feel the same exact way.
>
> I don’t mind players who use it because they like it. What I do mind is players who use it because it’s so overpowered. And I mind the fact that it took 6 months for 343i to get of their lazy -Yoinks!- and try to fix it.

And it took Bungie how long to fix Halo 2 & 3?

> Yes it is…unfortunately, players use it b/c they say its “OP”. I use it, not b/c its OP, but i use it b/c i like the concept of the DMR. I was hooked on it since Halo Reach, and i rather have the DMR as my starting Precision Loadout than the Battle Rifle.

carbine is the dmr but less powerful

> > I prefer the feel of the BR, although, I do use the DMR as a secondary weapon on larger maps. When it comes to the smaller closer maps, I’m cracking out the AR, but that is just to get my commendations.
>
> This friends is an example of someone who can use weapons appropriately and learn to adapt to given situations. As an avid DMR user myself, I also like to branch out on occasion to use other weapons that are (believe it or not) more effective in close situations.
>
> Learn. . .
> -----------Adapt. . .
> -----------------------Conquer

I agree with you, and same with me, however, I don’t think you can argue that the DMR has the most ‘use’ in the game just because the majority of the maps are huge.

> > You can’t do that with the BR.
>
> Yeah you could. Even with the Magnum in CE.

Mhm. This forum is for all things Halo 4.

What about how I can just sweep the BR and get a headshot? Or how I don’t even have to aim at the head, I can just aim at the chest and let recoil do the work for me. Or even that I can get partial credit for a missed shot by adjusting my aim mid-burst, where the DMR is hit or miss.

> I prefer the feel of the BR, although, I do use the DMR as a secondary weapon on larger maps. When it comes to the smaller closer maps, I’m cracking out the AR, but that is just to get my commendations.

The only thing I’m ever worried about are getting headshots and avoiding that dreaded GENERIC KILL. I must’ve used the DMR like twice, ever since I discovered what’s happening every time I killed someone, I decided to never use it again, spread the word, and hopefully make a video depicting what is happening. Straight up, no commentary.