Did you just reset the challenges 343?

Just completed five challenges, two of them event challenges. (Event rewards did not unlock, just for the record.)
After having finished yet another match, which should also have fulfilled the next challenge (“Finish 2 Tactical Slayer Matches”) nothing appeared at the challenge screen.
Checked my weekly progress and suddenly I had 20 challenges again, ten of which were again that stupid LSS.

4 Likes

Yup, I was 4 away from being done and now I’m back at square one.

3 Likes

Yeahhhh I wondered if they’d pull this nonsense again. This is why I don’t try to do challenges right out of the gate. They should at least only give you the number of challenges you had prior if they’re going to do this reset crap. Sorry this happened to you.

3 Likes

Problem is: I’m leaving tomorrow on a two-week-vacation.
I literally have to finish the event today or I’m missing out on anything I didn’t get. Because unlike Fractures, this one here doesn’t repeat. -.-

6 Likes

From Halo Support: https://twitter.com/HaloSupport/status/1549504301273206785

2 Likes

Just curious, does 343 give a heads up or is there a set date to when they reset the challenges?

1 Like

Weekly challenges reset on Tuesdays, hour depends on what time zone you’re in.
Other than that, there aren’t supposed to be any resets. The one today came out of nowhere and was a real duck move by 343. They owe me half a dozen challenge swaps because of this.

3 Likes

Ok, that explains everything :+1:

This may help explain the extra reset today:

https://twitter.com/Unyshek/status/1549465853841747968

and this:
https://twitter.com/HaloSupport/status/1549504301273206785

2 Likes

I saw those tweets, but that’s still a shotty solution. 343 should have just changed the final reward and not reboot the entire event from scratch. (And if that isn’t possible, then wtf is going on with the game’s challenge backend?)
Alternatively, they could have just made the same thing as last time this happened: Leave the wrong weekly reward and hand out the clippy charm afterwards to everybody that played the game.
But the choice they went with was the worst one of all of them…

4 Likes

I was at first hyped to see clippy but it’s a charm so I passed it immediately lol. Weapon Charms weak, give us Clippy AI or Clippy Profile Emblem.

This is insane. There’s no way there isn’t a different motive. No one is this incompetent right? No one can actually be this stupid. So many people online saying they’ve lost tons of swap tokens.
Even I used one but luckily it was just 1. That’s nothing compared to the pain others are feeling right now.

I lost five or so before the reset, and my double XP boost was canceled after half of the time. Luckily I was already at level 97 or so, so I didn’t really need the rest.
Yeah, they say “Don’t ascribe to malice what can be plainly explained by incompetence”, but after all of 343’s actions over the course of more than a decade, I’m starting to wonder…

1 Like

I just wanted to use a double XP token to get my challenges done and get to 45 to get Recon helmet sooner. But now my list is bogged down with LSS challenges that will take too long, so I gotta wait until this goes away to grind.
And yeah it felt like after 45 mins my token was all gone?
Anyways I’m with you. My perception of 343 has changed so much in the last 2 weeks that it almost makes me sick. I spent more time than I’d like to admit on H5, hardly any on H4. I figured the upward trend in fun would continue.
Then i got game pass and started H:I
Already I feel like they’re just as scummy as Rockstar and TakeTwo. So many pages taken from their playbook to try and squeeze money from people. Practically overnight my feelings have soured to a point that it is very upsetting

I appreciate that having identified the issue they tried to fix it, but the fix appears to be poorly thought out in terms of player feeling

1 Like

I had done like the first 11 challenges during the time when the game was bugged that it awarded 2 tiers per event challenge. I left for a break and came back to having all 20 challenges again. Noped out immediately after that

1 Like

I’ve not reached that point yet. I’ll be keeping trying to get my weeklies as long as I can

You might not be properly connected to the servers.

Never start Halo Infinite on Quick Play. Always properly exit out of the game whenever you stop playing and then reboot it when you want to begin playing again.