Did you enjoy the Joint Fire event? Yes or no & why?

It’s alright, but still think the choice of loadouts is a bit odd. The sword is completely unchecked in CQC.

1 Like

Same!

I like a more coordinated and stealthy play style, which you don’t find a lot in modern FPS, so it was fun for me. Most matches were played well by both sides, I very rarely had a lopsided match that one team just ran away with it.

2 Likes

I love covert one flag! I love the different game mode and starting mechanics. I’m looking forward to more game modes such as infection that will be released to be playable like such.

I’m not really interested in the rewards as the game has truly been flooded with cosmetic items free and pay to obtain.

3 Likes

I feel that attackers should have sword and defenders should have something to match that. Overall A great mode tho.

No, I didn’t. But that’s because I haven’t played Halo Infinite in over a month or two. Came back here when I heard the news Halo might be dying. Will check back in a few months I think.

1 Like

I am not that fussed about getting the JFO helmet. I already have the Scout helmet for my Mark VII.

1 Like

I did not even try this time. I hate PvP. If they ever have PvE events, I will play those.

2 Likes

Maybe. Personally, I’d prefer to see something like Bulldogs and Ravagers. Bulldog give attackers that CQC edge, but Ravager can be used to “ping” enemy locations with hitmarkers. And both guns can combo with melee, even the field a bit.

2 Likes

I came back to play the event. I’ve been on a moderately long break from playing the game since I was unhappy with the desync, lack of content, customs not working… basically Halo Infinite not working xD

Came back and it was pretty obvious to me from the get go that nothing had changed. It still felt awful to play, the games were still super laggy, and it didn’t really bring much joy to play. I completed my challenges and left it at that.

Halo Infinite will never be good with the current aim assist model for controller players. Honestly? I wish they’d just abandon the game already and start working on a new game from the ground up. Or, take the game down and bring it back under a new title which actually works.

2 Likes

It’s fine.

The gamemode is alright, but got old kinda fast. My only recommendation is to go to best 2/3 instead of 3/5 because losing 3 rounds in a row with a team that never had a chance is pure misery.

3 Likes

343 has done the market research, and knows full-well what would make the community decently happy. Every chance they get though, for some bizarre reason they are compelled to do the opposite, nothing like digging your heels in and being outright defiant in the belief that no one but you are right.

It would be like asking everyone what they would like for dinner … Pizza, steak, big salad … and then saying, Oh that’s nice, but actually, we are having under cooked, runny, scrambled eggs, and you are going to like it, plus, stop being negative and toxic, be appreciative … toilet is the second door on the left, hit the bowl when you vomit please.

All it would take is for 343 to get down to business and create an engaging PVE event mode somewhere in the open world, I am sure it would please enough gamers, and would also start pushing this game in a positive direction, 343, are you listening, just start with one good event, just one.

3 Likes

We can all hope that one day we get a great PvE, but until then this joint Spartan ops is awesome and a great change of pace!

2 Likes

The only thing remotely different, if you can call it different, is each team gets a specific load-out, that’s it, this is not, and should never be just accepted as proper content, fortunately those who do accept it, are in the very small minority.

I am in no way belittling your view-point, I just think it is wrong to praise something for being nothing more than filler, filler that took zero man power, and no effort to think up. And you wonder why the player base is leaving …

3 Likes

It was fun for a few games but then the game mode got really old.

1 Like

Fully respect the view. This has already seen the day light of Infinite. 343 needs to start adding in forge player made maps and modes into some kind of matchmaking multiplayer game modes.

1 Like

It’s good for a few games, but it gets old when you have to play it for two weeks in a row for challenges.

2 Likes

Exactly. There have only been a couple instances where I’ve really gotten irritated with the model—and it only seems to happen on a certain map I previously mentioned, haha!

2 Likes

In my opinion there should be no power weapons. (I would be fine if they subbed hammer for sword though)

1 Like

Absolutely horrendous mode. Even more horrendous the weekly is linked to it

1 Like

I did not enjoy it.

!!!BUT!!!

I DO enjoy what it indicates they’re willing to experiment with! This game mode is not balanced in a traditional way. It isn’t designed to be symmetric. I quite like this idea. Here’s why.

There are good arguments to be made against allowing elites to play on teams with spartans in competitive modes, because it’s easier to get headshots on elites. You can make a bunch of balance decisions, but it ultimately just gets arbitrary and messy.

But a game mode of elites versus spartans would fit in just fine in a game mode like this. Or a game mode of brutes vs elites. etc. Or banished versus spartans.

5 Likes