Did Wheelman get a buff?

I played a couple Warzone matches earlier where I called in a Scorpion with the wheelman perk. The first time I had someone on the turret, but I’m not sure if they also had wheelman active. We took down one of the legendary Mantis bosses on Noctus and an enemy Wraith before we got boarded by an enemy Spartan who planted a grenade. Much to my surprise, the grenade didn’t even damage the tank to the point that it was flaming. I ended up killing the Spartan who planted and went on to get a few more kills with that tank. My next game, I called in a Scorpion on Apex 7 to kill the Grunt Goblin on the beach. I got a few Spartan kills before getting boarded by someone who boosted in on a Ghost Ultra. The Goblin was low on HP, so I decided to forget the guy who boarded me and keep shooting at the Grunt. Again, to my surprise, the tank survived but was flaming. I whipped the cannon around and killed the probably shocked boarder, then took out a Wasp and saw my teammates kill the Goblin.

I don’t remember wheelman ever stopping a one-hit grenade planted by a boarder before. Is this a new buff, or am I just not remembering? If this is indeed a new mechanic, it makes Scorpions much more viable.

EDIT: I just watched the theater films from both matches. The first game on Noctus was definitely a planted grenade. The player planted, jumped off and it exploded, and I killed him after it exploded. The second instance on Apex was actually a Spartan who was just meleeing the tank. For some reason he jumped off after two melees and tried to SMG the tank, which made me think he planted a grenade. But still, surviving a grenade plant was confirmed.

I’ve never experienced this, maybe it is new?
I would say it was a fluke, but it happened to you twice.

> 2533274833569045;2:
> I’ve never experienced this, maybe it is new?
> I would say it was a fluke, but it happened to you twice.

Not quite sure what to make of it either. At first I thought it was the damage resistance stacking if my gunner was using it (or a really fortunate glitch), but it happened again with just me the second match. I just bookmarked both matches so I can investigate, but I’m not sure where those bookmarked videos go.

> 2533274846718137;3:
> > 2533274833569045;2:
> > I’ve never experienced this, maybe it is new?
> > I would say it was a fluke, but it happened to you twice.
>
>
> Not quite sure what to make of it either. At first I thought it was the damage resistance stacking if my gunner was using it (or a really fortunate glitch), but it happened again with just me the second match. I just bookmarked both matches so I can investigate, but I’m not sure where those bookmarked videos go.

Theatre?

> 2533274846718137;3:
> > 2533274833569045;2:
> > I’ve never experienced this, maybe it is new?
> > I would say it was a fluke, but it happened to you twice.
>
>
> Not quite sure what to make of it either. At first I thought it was the damage resistance stacking if my gunner was using it (or a really fortunate glitch), but it happened again with just me the second match. I just bookmarked both matches so I can investigate, but I’m not sure where those bookmarked videos go.

If you go into Theater mode (in the multiplayer menu, next to custom games), you can see your bookmarked games in a list, and watch them.

The wheelman has been tweaked for stats, I’m not sure for gameplay.

> 2533274906308237;5:
> > 2533274846718137;3:
> > > 2533274833569045;2:
> > > I’ve never experienced this, maybe it is new?
> > > I would say it was a fluke, but it happened to you twice.
> >
> >
> > Not quite sure what to make of it either. At first I thought it was the damage resistance stacking if my gunner was using it (or a really fortunate glitch), but it happened again with just me the second match. I just bookmarked both matches so I can investigate, but I’m not sure where those bookmarked videos go.
>
>
> If you go into Theater mode (in the multiplayer menu, next to custom games), you can see your bookmarked games in a list, and watch them.

Helpful, thanks. I never understood why I couldn’t find my bookmarks in the Waypoint menus.

> 2533274834066497;6:
> The wheelman has been tweaked for stats, I’m not sure for gameplay.

Not the stat you get for driving a vehicle when your gunner gets a kill, the armor modification that reduces EMP duration and increases damage resistance. I noticed that you actually get the assist medals and boss takedown participation medals now when you get a wheelman medal, so maybe this buff to the wheelman armor mod was snuck in also.

> 2533274846718137;8:
> > 2533274834066497;6:
> > The wheelman has been tweaked for stats, I’m not sure for gameplay.
>
>
> Not the stat you get for driving a vehicle when your gunner gets a kill, the armor modification that reduces EMP duration and increases damage resistance. I noticed that you actually get the assist medals and boss takedown participation medals now when you get a wheelman medal, so maybe this buff to the wheelman armor mod was snuck in also.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

It might be a glitch there is some inconsistencies with how much damage is dealt some times.

I see a lot of one hit kill weapons get assist a lot when it looks like I killed them.

Been ejected from my vehicle with full shields.

Took a shot from a sniper and shield only went down by half with no armour mod.

Took a single hit kill shot in my tank then other times been able to take 5-7 times the amount of damage in same vehicle.

Splatter doing less damage at full speed than at a casual pace.

Taking bosses out on my own with out an issue then in an other game the boss is more spongey than normal.

> 2533274962122285;10:
> It might be a glitch there is some inconsistencies with how much damage is dealt some times.
>
> I see a lot of one hit kill weapons get assist a lot when it looks like I killed them.
>
> Been ejected from my vehicle with full shields.
>
> Took a shot from a sniper and shield only went down by half with no armour mod.
>
> Took a single hit kill shot in my tank then other times been able to take 5-7 times the amount of damage in same vehicle.
>
> Splatter doing less damage at full speed than at a casual pace.
>
> Taking bosses out on my own with out an issue then in an other game the boss is more spongey than normal.

I’ve seen a lot of these issues as well. I was two-shot-killed by a standard railgun in a full-health mantis the other day, and I’ve seen so many missed splatters where the victim just gets shot across the map instead of being killed. Not sure if related, but I’ve seen more than a few missed perfects with the BR where it takes 5-6 bursts to kill, even though the 4th shot clearly hit the head. I kind of hope that the wheelman thing here is a feature, not a bug, because it makes the Scorpion much more fun to drive and much less frustrating.

> 2533274962122285;10:
> Took a shot from a sniper and shield only went down by half with no armour mod.

I don’t know about the other ones, but for this one: isn’t there a sniper rifle that has more ammo in the mag but does less damage/bullet?

> 2533274962122285;13:
> I don’t think that’s the one the one that does less damage had a quicker rate of fire. I’ve used it many times and not had issues one shotting and it wouldnt take 3 shots to kill.

Well I thought there was a sniper that did less damage. It can still one shot to the head but it’s body shots do less damage. <- It’s that one lol.

> 2533274803493024;12:
> > 2533274962122285;10:
> > Took a shot from a sniper and shield only went down by half with no armour mod.
>
>
> I don’t know about the other ones, but for this one: isn’t there a sniper rifle that has more ammo in the mag but does less damage/bullet?

I don’t think that’s the one the one that does less damage had a quicker rate of fire. I’ve used it many times and not had issues one shotting and it wouldnt take 3 shots to kill.

You can stack them if I remember correctly.

I think you are right. I hopped into a scorpion and planted a grenade too, but the tank didn’t blow up and he killed me afterwards.

> 2533274846718137;11:
> > 2533274962122285;10:
> > It might be a glitch there is some inconsistencies with how much damage is dealt some times.
> >
> > I see a lot of one hit kill weapons get assist a lot when it looks like I killed them.
> >
> > Been ejected from my vehicle with full shields.
> >
> > Took a shot from a sniper and shield only went down by half with no armour mod.
> >
> > Took a single hit kill shot in my tank then other times been able to take 5-7 times the amount of damage in same vehicle.
> >
> > Splatter doing less damage at full speed than at a casual pace.
> >
> > Taking bosses out on my own with out an issue then in an other game the boss is more spongey than normal.
>
>
> I’ve seen a lot of these issues as well. I was two-shot-killed by a standard railgun in a full-health mantis the other day, and I’ve seen so many missed splatters where the victim just gets shot across the map instead of being killed. Not sure if related, but I’ve seen more than a few missed perfects with the BR where it takes 5-6 bursts to kill, even though the 4th shot clearly hit the head. I kind of hope that the wheelman thing here is a feature, not a bug, because it makes the Scorpion much more fun to drive and much less frustrating.

This isn’t a buff, it’s a glitch. Sometimes when you plant a grenade on a vehicle it won’t register the damage. It’s been around even before wheelman came out.

> 2533274846718137;1:
> I played a couple Warzone matches earlier where I called in a Scorpion with the wheelman perk. The first time I had someone on the turret, but I’m not sure if they also had wheelman active. We took down one of the legendary Mantis bosses on Noctus and an enemy Wraith before we got boarded by an enemy Spartan who planted a grenade. Much to my surprise, the grenade didn’t even damage the tank to the point that it was flaming. I ended up killing the Spartan who planted and went on to get a few more kills with that tank. My next game, I called in a Scorpion on Apex 7 to kill the Grunt Goblin on the beach. I got a few Spartan kills before getting boarded by someone who boosted in on a Ghost Ultra. The Goblin was low on HP, so I decided to forget the guy who boarded me and keep shooting at the Grunt. Again, to my surprise, the tank survived but was flaming. I whipped the cannon around and killed the probably shocked boarder, then took out a Wasp and saw my teammates kill the Goblin.
>
> I don’t remember wheelman ever stopping a one-hit grenade planted by a boarder before. Is this a new buff, or am I just not remembering? If this is indeed a new mechanic, it makes Scorpions much more viable.
>
> EDIT: I just watched the theater films from both matches. The first game on Noctus was definitely a planted grenade. The player planted, jumped off and it exploded, and I killed him after it exploded. The second instance on Apex was actually a Spartan who was just meleeing the tank. For some reason he jumped off after two melees and tried to SMG the tank, which made me think he planted a grenade. But still, surviving a grenade plant was confirmed.

I’m glad you posted this, because I forgot to post a similar thread the other day. I boarded a tank, planted a grenade, and it only damaged it! This is the first time it’s ever happened, so I assumed that vehicles in general had received a buff. Maybe they now need two planted grenades to destroy them? Although I’ve not seen anything written about this, so I’d like to know for sure.

> 2533274846718137;1:
> EDIT: I just watched the theater films from both matches. The first game on Noctus was definitely a planted grenade. The player planted, jumped off and it exploded, and I killed him after it exploded. The second instance on Apex was actually a Spartan who was just meleeing the tank. For some reason he jumped off after two melees and tried to SMG the tank, which made me think he planted a grenade. But still, surviving a grenade plant was confirmed.

This is a glitch where the grenade gets in the vehicle, but it doesn’t blow up the vehicle. This used to happen to Mantises(it may still happen).

> 2533274792641480;17:
> > 2533274846718137;1:
> > I played a couple Warzone matches earlier where I called in a Scorpion with the wheelman perk. The first time I had someone on the turret, but I’m not sure if they also had wheelman active. We took down one of the legendary Mantis bosses on Noctus and an enemy Wraith before we got boarded by an enemy Spartan who planted a grenade. Much to my surprise, the grenade didn’t even damage the tank to the point that it was flaming. I ended up killing the Spartan who planted and went on to get a few more kills with that tank. My next game, I called in a Scorpion on Apex 7 to kill the Grunt Goblin on the beach. I got a few Spartan kills before getting boarded by someone who boosted in on a Ghost Ultra. The Goblin was low on HP, so I decided to forget the guy who boarded me and keep shooting at the Grunt. Again, to my surprise, the tank survived but was flaming. I whipped the cannon around and killed the probably shocked boarder, then took out a Wasp and saw my teammates kill the Goblin.
> >
> > I don’t remember wheelman ever stopping a one-hit grenade planted by a boarder before. Is this a new buff, or am I just not remembering? If this is indeed a new mechanic, it makes Scorpions much more viable.
> >
> > EDIT: I just watched the theater films from both matches. The first game on Noctus was definitely a planted grenade. The player planted, jumped off and it exploded, and I killed him after it exploded. The second instance on Apex was actually a Spartan who was just meleeing the tank. For some reason he jumped off after two melees and tried to SMG the tank, which made me think he planted a grenade. But still, surviving a grenade plant was confirmed.
>
>
> I’m glad you posted this, because I forgot to post a similar thread the other day. I boarded a tank, planted a grenade, and it only damaged it! This is the first time it’s ever happened, so I assumed that vehicles in general had received a buff. Maybe they now need two planted grenades to destroy them? Although I’ve not seen anything written about this, so I’d like to know for sure.

They don’t need 2 grenades, yesterday I was facing a team, and I boarded a brand new Wraith Ultra, and blew it up with 1 grenade.

I had it happened with advanced sensors on scorpions and wraiths where the grenade did heavy damage, we’re talking 1.5 wraith motor/ scorpion cannons buy it didn’t one shot. Strangely and unfortunately I’ve never seen a mantis, even the legendaries with wheelman survive a wheel man plant.
I actually think its a ninja vehicle buff where hijack grenades do a set amount of damage now to the front/top while it does more to the back of scorpions and wraiths because of the 3.5 and 3.0 damage multiplier to the backs. No longer one shot like Mantis.
As for the wheelman mod, I had it on a Hannibal Mantis and I used the stomp on a Corps Scorpion and it did not get EMP at all. Does having wheelman on both the driver and gunner seat stack the EMP resist to 100% now?