Did we forget about the grenades?

The grenades were very OP in the beta, did they say anywhere that they will be changing the radius/damage? It seems as the Halo 5 gernade is similar to the halo CE grenade. . It felt as if the grenade could bounce 5+ times before exploding. I’m in support for the halo 2, halo 3, halo 4 style. The one bounce explosion. You cannot do the one bounce then headshot which is very disappointing and took a lot of pratice to accomplish. Bottom line halo 5 gernades are SUPER annoying.

also feel free to discus about other grenades like how plasma grenades were useless. But I feel as if those will be more important for vehicle game play. What grenade types should return?

I didn’t really have much of an issue with the grenades. I would be alright if they left them or nerfed them a little.

Agreed. The one bounce is more strategic and useful.

> 2533274829432487;1:
> The gernades were very OP in the beta, did they say anywhere that they will be changing the radius/damage? It seems as the Halo 5 gernade is similar to the halo CE gernade. It felt as if the gernade could bounce 5+ times before exploding. I’m in support for the halo 2, halo 3, halo 4 style. The one bounce explosion. You cannot do the one bounce then headshot which is very disappointing and took a lot of pratice to accomplish. Bottom line halo 5 gernades are SUPER annoying.

I think you’re thinking of the break out game type. They were OP because you had no shield. You only had a health bar. Or was it only a shield and no health? Not sure, but they are fantastic.

> 2533274829432487;1:
> The gernades were very OP in the beta, did they say anywhere that they will be changing the radius/damage? It seems as the Halo 5 gernade is similar to the halo CE gernade. It felt as if the gernade could bounce 5+ times before exploding. I’m in support for the halo 2, halo 3, halo 4 style. The one bounce explosion. You cannot do the one bounce then headshot which is very disappointing and took a lot of pratice to accomplish. Bottom line halo 5 gernades are SUPER annoying.

Also, I just noticed… It’s GRENADES, not gernades.

The bounce mechanics are the same as they were in Hh2, h3, h4.

The timer starts after it bounces off the GROUND(not walls) and the only time one will bounce twice off the ground is if you threw it in such a way that it has a chance to bounce twice before detonating.

> 2533274829432487;1:

You open with saying the grenades were OP, then ask for changes which would make them even more powerful?

Anyway, I think the grenades were designed around having thrust at your disposal. Big blast radius, lots of damage, but players have time to leverage thrust and make a frantic escape.

> 2533274938678576;5:
> > 2533274829432487;1:
> > The gernades were very OP in the beta, did they say anywhere that they will be changing the radius/damage? It seems as the Halo 5 gernade is similar to the halo CE gernade. It felt as if the gernade could bounce 5+ times before exploding. I’m in support for the halo 2, halo 3, halo 4 style. The one bounce explosion. You cannot do the one bounce then headshot which is very disappointing and took a lot of pratice to accomplish. Bottom line halo 5 gernades are SUPER annoying.
>
>
> Also, I just noticed… It’s GRENADES, not gernades.

Indeed.

I do agree grenadas seemed a bit nuclear, but remember Reach’s beta? Those mothers were thermonuclear compared to how they ended up in final.

I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

At least grenades aren’t little cherry bombs with a tiny radius like in Halo 4.

The grenades do the same damage but he blast radius is bigger. That should be expected with the ability to thrust out of the way of incoming grenades.

In the beta it seemed the grenade would not detonate until it had bounced a lot. It constantly went much further than it should.

They can’t nerf it’s radius, its balanced with the thruster pack. Look at the plasma “gernades” they’re useless now with thrust around

Frag grenades are too powerful I think. Too big of a radius and time to detonate I think.

The nades were mini nukes in the beta. they do need some tweaking.

I think the grenades should be nerfed. Even with thrusters, its very difficult to avoid the whole blast and take no damage.

Speaking of grenades, will the pulse grenade come back?

> 2533274978553590;15:
> I think the grenades should be nerfed. Even with thrusters, its very difficult to avoid the whole blast and take no damage.
>
> Speaking of grenades, will the pulse grenade come back?

It’d better. Hopefully it’ll be tuned up a bit. It always felt horribly underpowered for a Forerunner grenade,

> 2610345319735860;7:
> > 2533274829432487;1:
> > The gernades were very OP in the beta, did they say anywhere that they will be changing the radius/damage? It seems as the Halo 5 gernade is similar to the halo CE gernade. It felt as if the gernade could bounce 5+ times before exploding. I’m in support for the halo 2, halo 3, halo 4 style. The one bounce explosion. You cannot do the one bounce then headshot which is very disappointing and took a lot of pratice to accomplish. Bottom line halo 5 gernades are SUPER annoying.
>
>
> You open with saying the grenades were OP, then ask for changes which would make them even more powerful?
>
> Anyway, I think the grenades were designed around having thrust at your disposal. Big blast radius, lots of damage, but players have time to leverage thrust and make a frantic escape.

How would making it back to the h2-h4 way OP? Ever since halo 2 it’s been a one bounce explosion.

I not to worried about since every halo beta thus far has had OP grenades. They were able to bounce way to many times before exploding. I felt like in was killed more by grenades then actual people.

> 2533274875324729;16:
> > 2533274978553590;15:
> > I think the grenades should be nerfed. Even with thrusters, its very difficult to avoid the whole blast and take no damage.
> >
> > Speaking of grenades, will the pulse grenade come back?
>
>
> It’d better. Hopefully it’ll be tuned up a bit. It always felt horribly underpowered for a Forerunner grenade,

I rarely saw them being used. Honestly, I would prefer spike grenades and incendiary grenades to be back before the pulse grenade comes back. But seeing as this is the forerunner saga, we will probably get the pulse grenade lol.

I never noticed them being overly powerful in the beta but if they actually are overpowered I’d rather them be that way than underpowered, underpowered grenades are blarg.

You dont know what a pocket nuke is unless you played the Reach beta. The horror! There were bodyparts everywhere!.