Did we ever even NEED elites?

Like, one out of thirty people even played as them in Halo 3.

The only guy I know who WAS an elite and still is on Reach is Ben-Joe, and his parents gave him two first names, so he should be used to disappointment.

It’s not like anyone in LIFE looks like that, so it isn’t a body image thing. The only place I see a lack of elites being a problem is Machinima, and of you’re an aspiring director, you should be prepared to work within the constraints of the game engine to seek its advantages.

As for Arby ‘n’ The Ch33f, I’m sure Arby won’t mind. He’s a civil gent.

I understand mild disappointment, but ANGER? It’s like being mad that girl scouts don’t sell coconut crunch cookies.

Nope, we dont need them.^^

I don’t think MM needs Elites, I mean, Halo CE did well, but Elites add another fun aspect to the Halo MM atmosphere.

> Like, one out of thirty people even played as them in Halo 3.
>
> The only guy I know who WAS an elite and still is on Reach is Ben-Joe, and his parents gave him two first names, so he should be used to disappointment.
>
> It’s not like anyone in LIFE looks like that, so it isn’t a body image thing. The only place I see a lack of elites being a problem is Machinima, and of you’re an aspiring director, you should be prepared to work within the constraints of the game engine to seek its advantages.

Why would you even complain about this???

I mean c’mon does it affect you? I admit I don’t play as an elite but they should stay for machinima, other players, invasion, etc. The only downside I have seen from them is that you have to pay for like 1 megabyte of data for them [the expensive price of 0.5 cents, I could barely afford that but money well used].

If you are so bored in life that you have to complain about something as small as this, just stop playing Halo all together. ???

EDIT: <mark>It’s not like anyone in LIFE looks like that, so it isn’t a body image thing.</mark>

I don’t think anyone who plays halo looks like a 7 foot tall marine in power armor. Let alone you…

> > Like, one out of thirty people even played as them in Halo 3.
> >
> > The only guy I know who WAS an elite and still is on Reach is Ben-Joe, and his parents gave him two first names, so he should be used to disappointment.
> >
> > It’s not like anyone in LIFE looks like that, so it isn’t a body image thing. The only place I see a lack of elites being a problem is Machinima, and of you’re an aspiring director, you should be prepared to work within the constraints of the game engine to seek its advantages.
>
> Why would you even complain about this???
>
> I mean c’mon does it affect you? I admit I don’t play as an elite but they should stay for machinima, other players, invasion, etc. The only downside I have seen from them is that you have to pay for like 1 megabyte of data for them [the expensive price of 0.5 cents, I could barely afford that but money well used].
>
> If you are so bored in life that you have to complain about something as small as this, just stop playing Halo all together. ???
>
> EDIT: <mark>It’s not like anyone in LIFE looks like that, so it isn’t a body image thing.</mark>
>
> I don’t think anyone who plays halo looks like a 7 foot tall marine in power armor. Let alone you…

…Why did you personal message me to respond to this, FIRST OF ALL.

Second of all, did you even READ the post? I don’t wear elite armor. I was asking why people are upset about it.

And why exactly are you using so many question marks?

Edit: And the human form is something that, as HUMANS, we ALL have in common, genius.

OH boy. No we never needed Elites, but they were fun to play as, and machinima or not, certain people really really liked them. I’m a Spartan III fan, so it’s no loss for me, but some people were really huge fans of them, and the only two games they really got to play as them whenever they felt like it were Halo 2 and Halo 3. In Reach it’s based on gametype.

We never needed Elites, but think about other people. Others want to play as Elites, maybe not a lot but they are there.

Anyways, I think that if Elites will not be in Multiplayer then the way they look in campaign is all wrong. They should go back to being tall proud warriors as opposed to hunch backs. I mean they were hunched over to be on par with Spartan in multiplayer.

Anyways, we never needed Elites, but it’s there for some people.

Just like we never needed Halo, but it’s there for us gamers.

I just used them from time to time in H3 just for FUN or SWAT.

But im fine if there back or not…

I played as an Elite in Halo 2, 3, and Reach (not like it mattered there). I happened to like them more than the Spartans. I liked their design better, and I became invested with the lore surrounding them. Hell, I liked the Arbiter sections in Halo 2 more than the Chief sections. A lot of other people were just as invested as I was, if not more so.

So yeah, we’re annoyed. I would certainly have liked to play as one in Halo 4. But I guess that’ll never happen now.

People didn’t “need” Halo. They just happened to enjoy it and wanted more of it.

Nobody “needs” Elites in multiplayer, but they can be fun to play as and offer an alternative for other players.

So, yeah. Disappointed by them not being playable. But at this point I’m not really going to get Halo 4. Nor was the inclusion of Elites going to be a selling point to me. It just would have been nice to see people who wanted them get them. Oh well.

I am one of those people who enjoyed playing as an Elite. It reminds me of the glory day’s of old Halo, like Halo 2-3. So I see their removal how the competitive crowd see’s thing’s like Instant Respawn. A step back for gameplay.

Wow seriously?

So because people are a minority they should have the options they like removed?

It’s not needed, but giving the option to the players and the subsequent community that sprung up around Elites was an amazing feature of Halo, and it’s removal is a HUMONGOUS step backward for Halo as a whole. No, they’re not needed, but neither is armor customization, Forge, theater, Custom games… I could go on.

Please don’t assume that people aren’t upset by this. There was no reason to remove Elites in the first place. One of the largest unstickied threads on this website is concerned wholly with Elites.

> Like, one out of thirty people even played as them in Halo 3.
>
> The only guy I know who WAS an elite and still is on Reach is Ben-Joe, and his parents gave him two first names, so he should be used to disappointment.
>
> It’s not like anyone in LIFE looks like that, so it isn’t a body image thing. The only place I see a lack of elites being a problem is Machinima, and of you’re an aspiring director, you should be prepared to work within the constraints of the game engine to seek its advantages.
>
> As for Arby ‘n’ The Ch33f, I’m sure Arby won’t mind. He’s a civil gent.
>
> I understand mild disappointment, but ANGER? It’s like being mad that girl scouts don’t sell coconut crunch cookies.

Usually in a game with eight people, you would have one or two elites in Halo 3. That is far more than one in thirty people.

Even before Reach came out, about 1/8th of people played as Elites. Now, with all of the elite fans returning to Halo 3, its closer to 1/6th. It’s not a tiny minority; It’s a minority, but not a tiny one.

If you love playing as elites then why not be angry? It adds variety. Who gives a -Yoink- if elites aren’t in real life, do we play video games to have a completely realistic experience, only difference from reality is its virtual? I don’t think there are 7 foot MJOLNIR armour clad super soldiers in reality either. Might as well get rid of the energy sword to.

We don’t need Elites just as we don’t need a lot of things. You could argue that we don’t need shotgun AND sword, or rocket launcher AND fuel rod AND laser, and certainly not BR and DMR and Carbine and Pistol… you know?

Thats like saying we do need video games. Of course we dont need them but life sucks without them

Because of Halo 4’s Multiplayer Storyline and not having Elites, there are multiple bad things:

1. Elite player model is not available
  2. Brute player model is now not available
  3. Forerunner player model is now not available
  4. Ancient Enemy player model is now not available
  5. Flood Combat Form player model when infected in Infection is now not available
  6. The choice of being something other than the thing we play as for the past 11 years is not available
  7. Invasion is not available
  8. Machinimas are now downgraded
  9. Machinima directors will be upset
  10. Elite player fans will now be raged

so yes, not having Elites in multiplayer is a big deal. there’s a so much bigger picture than just not being able to play as an Elite in multiplayer. 343i, please get rid of the what-seemed-to-be-cool-at-first-but-now-has-downgraded-multiplayer-by-so-much

It’s just nice to be given a choice is all. I played as an Elite quite a bit in Halo 3.
Plus, you gotta think about all those Machinima creators out there.

You know what? I’m convinced.

Not having Elites in multiplayer may not offend me directly, but it is fair enough to say that it has a negative impact that it restricts people who liked the option.

If part of the immersion involves being a customized alien, then I’m sorry for your loss, and for rubbing salt in the wound by saying it’s not a big deal.