Did waypoint just block me?

This has happened a couple times in the past month roughly I couldn’t load up Halowaypoint despite still being able to connect to every thing else.

Hard reseting my router fixed it. Did my ip get blocked from accessing the site? It’s been my experience that it looks like my ip was blocked.

I tried contacting Microsoft support but they told be to contact Halowaypoint despite the fact that I couldn’t access the site. They told me to clear my cache but it didn’t do any thing.

How did you write this post if you can’t get onto the site?

> 2533274949158966;2:
> How did you write this post if you can’t get onto the site?

I reset my router like I stated above

> 2533274949158966;2:
> How did you write this post if you can’t get onto the site?

What he’s/she’s describing must have happened earlier today, so he’s/she’s asking about it now.

> 2533274962122285;3:
> > 2533274949158966;2:
> > How did you write this post if you can’t get onto the site?
>
>
> I reset my router like I stated above

So it’s fine now?

> 2533274949158966;5:
> > 2533274962122285;3:
> > > 2533274949158966;2:
> > > How did you write this post if you can’t get onto the site?
> >
> >
> > I reset my router like I stated above
>
>
> So it’s fine now?

Yes but I’m wondering why was my ip blocked

I don’t think IP address blocks are a thing. Most routers use the same basic IP addresses for devices as far as I know. Something like 192.168.1.1. I don’t think Waypoint performs IP address blocks. Just Microsoft account blocks.

Hopefully a mod can get this moved to the waypoint support forum, where people that do support reside. Don’t cross post, wait for this one to be moved. Be patient.

> 2533274813317074;66:
> It’s because Halo Waypoint is integrated with Xbox Live and Windows Live - it uses Windows Live auth to handle sign-in so general counter measures you’d find in other forums likely won’t be of much benefit here.

Does this help out at all? Waypoint doesn’t issue ip bans.

This probably should be in the Halo waypoint support section also OP is recommend trying to get into contact with matanich he is the person that built halo waypoint and could possibly help you out.

This happens to me every once in a while. I always think maybe the MS servers are down or something since the site goes down when that happens.

> 2533274803493024;7:
> I don’t think IP address blocks are a thing. Most routers use the same basic IP addresses for devices as far as I know. Something like 192.168.1.1. I don’t think Waypoint performs IP address blocks.

I’ve been blocked from forums before (Christian forums that ban you for disagreeing with some one and using swears like crap)

Im used to having to reset my ip and when I use to use a router I would turn off after use I noticed my ip would change on things that would show ip addresses of where you have logged in from when it was always the same router.

> 2727626560040591;9:
> This happens to me every once in a while. I always think maybe the Live servers are down or something since the site goes down when that happens.

Reason I felt it was an ip block was reseting my router fixed it instantly as if it was an ip block

> 2533274879407634;8:
> This probably should be in the Halo waypoint support section also OP is recommend trying to get into contact with matanich he is the person that built halo waypoint and could possibly help you out.

This and I think MS might have had some technical problems earlier. I couldn’t access smartglass, some features on xbox.com, Waypoint had loading issues. Now it seems to be working fine.

The 1st time it happened I couldn’t access the forums but I could every thing else. The second time was just before I posted this but I couldn’t access the site but the app was still up and is it down websites reported no issues.

Reason I feel I was ip blocked is cause it looks like it and the fact I noticed a lot of my bug reports were removed kind of feeling like I’m being censored a bit.

> 2533274962122285;11:
> Reason I felt it was an ip block was reseting my router fixed it instantly as if it was an ip block

Does resetting your router change your IP? Must be nice if so since I’d have to call my service provider to change mine.

If it happened just before making this thread, then it’s most likely a website issue since I’m currently getting errors when trying to make posts.

> 2727626560040591;14:
> > 2533274962122285;11:
> > Reason I felt it was an ip block was reseting my router fixed it instantly as if it was an ip block
>
>
> Does resetting your router change your IP? Must be nice if so since I’d have to call my service provider to change mine.
>
> If it happened just before making this thread, then it’s most likely a website issue since I’m currently getting errors when trying to make posts.

Static IP addresses don’t change but most routers have dynamic IP which depending on the router can be changed as fast as 3-5 seconds.

Well my other account (SGTBOUNTYHUNTER) is completely blocked by waypoint. I can’t access the drop down menu options once I select it and I can not post on the forum this is why I have a second account. I have been posting about this for a while and no one has an answer and waypoint won’t resolve the issue for me. It honestly sucks. I have seen other users post about the same issue and seams like once this happens that’s the end o feat point for that account.