Did they say what I think they said

In the Behind scene features They said we could switch graphics with the press of a button. I think at 2:35 was time they said it but ya they said we could push a button a change to 2001 graphics.
is that true or just a over exaggeration because if it is true Im going to have some fun scoping an elite then turning it back and forth to see him die back in time lmao

talk about it or say what you think.

That is what they said. I believe it’s the select button.

we’ve known about this for while…

and yes you can switch back and foreward between old and new graphics

> That is what they said. I believe it’s the select button.

i can’t find the select button on my controller. i’ve been looking for hours.

> > That is what they said. I believe it’s the select button.
>
> i can’t find the select button on my controller. i’ve been looking for hours.

It’s left of the Start button…

> > That is what they said. I believe it’s the select button.
>
> i can’t find the select button on my controller. i’ve been looking for hours.

Sorry, I guess I meant the back button. I am old please forgive :stuck_out_tongue:

LMAO

> > > That is what they said. I believe it’s the select button.
> >
> > i can’t find the select button on my controller. i’ve been looking for hours.
>
> Sorry, I guess I meant the back button. I am old please forgive :stuck_out_tongue:

IT’S NOT SELECT ANYMORE?! WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?

You young punks and your coveted “back” button. In my day we simply used “B” for back, and “Select” selected stuff.

> IT’S NOT SELECT ANYMORE?! WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?
>
>
> You young punks and your coveted “back” button. In my day we simply used “B” for back, and “Select” selected stuff.

Ah those WERE the days, lol.

I wonder if the button works for both people in the game, or if it works separately for each person.

Anniversary is literally the old CE engine with a second graphics layer running on top. 343 ( Or more accurately, Saber Interactive.) had a feature to let them turn off the new layer for design reasons. Originally you were going to select a specific mode, but they realised that was dumb and made it how it is now.

> I wonder if the button works for both people in the game, or if it works separately for each person.

Players will definitely be able to switch between new and old graphics individually when playing online co-op. After all, the host console doesn’t send graphic data but only data about what is happening in the game world, e.g. where a frag grenade is explosing, in what direction a crate is toppling over, where a Grunt is standing and what he’s shooting at. The client console then renders the graphics according to that data. And for that purpose it doesn’t matter if you’re currently using the new or the old graphics engine.

As for split-screen co-op, it should basically work the same way except that the data about what’s happening doesn’t have to be sent to another console. To be honest, I can’t think of a technical reason why it shouldn’t be possible to switch between graphics engine individually in split-screen.

However, this is true only when assuming that 343i doesn’t impose an artificial restriction upon us. But I don’t see a reason why they should do that.

> > > > That is what they said. I believe it’s the select button.
> > >
> > > i can’t find the select button on my controller. i’ve been looking for hours.
> >
> > Sorry, I guess I meant the back button. I am old please forgive :stuck_out_tongue:
>
>
>
> You young punks and your coveted “back” button. In my day we simply used “B” for back, and “Select” selected stuff.

LOL

Yep, you’ll can use Back to switch between graphics even in cutscenes.

>
>

Nobody presses Start when the screen says “PRESS START” anymore…
Thanks, A button…

> Yep, you’ll can use Back to switch between graphics even in cutscenes.
>
>
>
> > IT’S NOT SELECT ANYMORE?! WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?
> >
> >
> > You young punks and your coveted “back” button. In my day we simply used “B” for back, and “Select” selected stuff.
>
> Nobody presses Start when the screen says “PRESS START” anymore…
> Thanks, A button…

A button? which button are you refering to?