Did the Primordial lie

Big topic, did the Primordial lie about certain things at the end of Primordium. Me personally, I think the Precursors and Flood are there own separate life forms. I think that there may be an actual Mantle. My thoughts ,what are yours?

Well, I certainly think that could be the case. Perhaps it told a variation of the truth, from a skewed point of view.

The Gravemind was very manipulative and told a mixture of lies and truth to get its way and mess with the minds of others. It wouldn’t be a surprise to me if the TO was acting in the same way.

Let’s say, for the sake of argument, that the Flood took over some (or many) of the Precursors. Since the Flood take on the intelligence and knowledge of its hosts/victims, it’s very plausible that the Flood incorporated an actual Precursor Mantle and adapted it into a new (corrupted/distorted) version…one where the purpose is for other races to join the Flood. Could be.

I personally don’t think he was lying, but it’s quite possible he was. He did leave out huge parts of information. And I believe there’s more to the whole “Precursors and the Flood are no different” statement. Still eerie what he said, though.

I think so. The primordial gave the impression that he has and is manipulating factions to meet a pre- determined outcome. I think he wanted didactic to kill him and was saying anything to make it happen. Goal being to “it is your task to kill this servant that another be freed” good topic.

> I think so. The primordial gave the impression that he has and is manipulating factions to meet a pre- determined outcome. I think he wanted didactic to kill him and was saying anything to make it happen. Goal being to “it is your task to kill this servant that another be freed” good topic.

Good idea and i can see that being true.

Well he lied about there not being a cure and he left out a lot of information when talking to the Didact. In fact i think he was just misleading everybody in order to start a war.

The Humans weren’t as mantle Fanatic as the forerunners and the Primordial knew that and saying it was a precursor wouldn’t make the humans Rage. But Telling them it was a Gravemind and that It is controlling everything going on would as the humans were fighting the flood and looking for a way to end the conflict.

The Primordial tells the Didact it is a Precursor because that is going to have a Greater affect on Him than saying it is a Gravemind Due to the mantle.

> > I think so. The primordial gave the impression that he has and is manipulating factions to meet a pre- determined outcome. I think he wanted didactic to kill him and was saying anything to make it happen. Goal being to “it is your task to kill this servant that another be freed” good topic.
>
> Good idea and i can see that being true.
>
> Well he lied about there not being a cure and he left out a lot of information when talking to the Didact. In fact i think he was just misleading everybody in order to start a war.
>
> <mark>The Humans weren’t as mantle Fanatic</mark> as the forerunners and the Primordial knew that and saying it was a precursor wouldn’t make the humans Rage. But Telling them it was a Gravemind and that It is controlling everything going on would as the humans were fighting the flood and looking for a way to end the conflict.
>
>
> The Primordial tells the Didact it is a Precursor because that is going to have a Greater affect on Him than saying it is a Gravemind Due to the mantle.

How do you figure that when the Humans considered themselves the true inheritors of the Mantle?

Keep in mind that the whole ‘Mantle does not exist’ and ‘There is no cure to the Flood’ thing brought up by the Primordial would have been huge demoralizing factors to the Forerunners. Truth is, the Primordial had all the reason to mislead and lie to the Didact.

I see many people on these forums who just assume that what the Primordial said is true, or even worse, they think it is true because ‘Halopedia says so’. I am glad to see that some people still take all options into consideration instead of assuming that everything said or implied by characters in the books is true.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that there is no way that what the Primodial said is true. I’m just saying that people need to think of multiple scenarios instead of being narrow-minded and taking everything as given.

Something about that primordial scene screams a quote from the great Babylon 5 tv show by Delenn: “A half-truth is the worst kind of lie.” If he is at all related to the grave mind, it would be well with in character to manipilate, and misconstrue the various aspects of their realities to suit his agenda. Plus Bungie was always great at hiding truths in halfs…

> > > I think so. The primordial gave the impression that he has and is manipulating factions to meet a pre- determined outcome. I think he wanted didactic to kill him and was saying anything to make it happen. Goal being to “it is your task to kill this servant that another be freed” good topic.
> >
> > Good idea and i can see that being true.
> >
> > Well he lied about there not being a cure and he left out a lot of information when talking to the Didact. In fact i think he was just misleading everybody in order to start a war.
> >
> > <mark>The Humans weren’t as mantle Fanatic</mark> as the forerunners and the Primordial knew that and saying it was a precursor wouldn’t make the humans Rage. But Telling them it was a Gravemind and that It is controlling everything going on would as the humans were fighting the flood and looking for a way to end the conflict.
> >
> >
> > The Primordial tells the Didact it is a Precursor because that is going to have a Greater affect on Him than saying it is a Gravemind Due to the mantle.
>
> How do you figure that when the Humans considered themselves the true inheritors of the Mantle?

We don’t necessarily know that since cryptum is rather biased and nothing about it was ever brought up.

> How do you figure that when the Humans considered themselves the true inheritors of the Mantle?

Well it doesn’t appear they tried to stagnant other species in some misguided hope to “protect” them according to the Mantle.