Did the DMR get patched?

I seemed to be getting inconsistencies with it on Sunday/Saturday. I was just wondering if it was my lag or a TU at work fixing this.

P.S. I did ask this before but I forgot about my topic and when I remembered it was long gone…

No, it wasn’t. And the Carbine wasn’t buffed. Two major things the community politely demanded.

nope, i can still damage other players without my reticule touching them.

> No, it wasn’t. And the Carbine wasn’t buffed. Two major things the community politely demanded.

First of all the community didn’t demand the DMR to be nerfed nor did anyone demand the Carbine to be buffed.

@OP It is probably just Lag, 343i never said they were going to do anything to the DMR.

DMR is fine. Everyone who wants it changed is a BR nuthugger.

> > No, it wasn’t. And the Carbine wasn’t buffed. Two major things the community politely demanded.
>
> First of all the community didn’t demand the DMR to be nerfed nor did anyone demand the Carbine to be buffed.
>
> @OP It is probably just Lag, 343i never said they were going to do anything to the DMR.

Pretty sure that the overwhelming majority of the community demanded the DMR to be nerfed. It’s about 50/50 with the Carbine, though.

Thanks for the replies people.

> No, it wasn’t. And the Carbine wasn’t buffed. Two major things the community politely demanded.

And at your reply, the Carbine does not need a buff. I beat people 9 times out of ten using Carbines against their BR’s. It may have a weak single shot, but that is why it has a fire rate that is high as hell. Almost as fast as you can pull the damn trigger can mean really fast.

> nope, i can still damage other players without my reticule touching them.

You made my day sir.

Hmm, I figured my random inconsistances were from not playing for awhile… nice thing about the turret and gunner mod… anybody comes close is almost certain to die.

> DMR is fine. Everyone who wants it changed is a BR nuthugger.

I’m not a fan of the BR at all. The problem is that the DMR negatively affects ALL areas of gameplay. Anyone that doesn’t want it nerfed is afraid of getting their crutch weapon taken away and having to rely on other weapons.

Perhaps in Halo 5 the ßR and the ÐMR can be a six shot weapon at the same RoF if it could be done in the game but needs testing first, but for the time being we have whats in front us we all just have to live with it for now, Just Saying. =)

> > > No, it wasn’t. And the Carbine wasn’t buffed. Two major things the community politely demanded.
> >
> > First of all the community didn’t demand the DMR to be nerfed nor did anyone demand the Carbine to be buffed.
> >
> > @OP It is probably just Lag, 343i never said they were going to do anything to the DMR.
>
> Pretty sure that the overwhelming majority of the community demanded the DMR to be nerfed. It’s about 50/50 with the Carbine, though.

Last time I checked not everyone voices their opinions, some people simply do not care. You can’t speak for everyone and the minority is on Waypoint forums. I seriously doubt that the majority of the entire Halo Community wants the DMR to be nerfed based on personal preference and the fact people don’t like it is only because they get killed by it and expect the BR to be better than every other starter.

> > > > No, it wasn’t. And the Carbine wasn’t buffed. Two major things the community politely demanded.
> > >
> > > First of all the community didn’t demand the DMR to be nerfed nor did anyone demand the Carbine to be buffed.
> > >
> > > @OP It is probably just Lag, 343i never said they were going to do anything to the DMR.
> >
> > Pretty sure that the overwhelming majority of the community demanded the DMR to be nerfed. It’s about 50/50 with the Carbine, though.
>
> Last time I checked not everyone voices their opinions, some people simply do not care. You can’t speak for everyone and the minority is on Waypoint forums. <mark>I seriously doubt that the majority of the entire Halo Community wants the DMR to be nerfed based on personal preference and the fact people don’t like it is only because they get killed by it and expect the BR to be better than every other starter</mark>.

I usually use the Br, not because I loved it from H3, but because I have the pretty Arctic BR skin. But when I see a DMR with a custom skin, I pick it up. There is a really distinct difference in power. In all ranges, the BR is okay, I could usually score a few kills before I die. With the DMR, I score a lot better and can take on 3 people all at once. And I’m worse with the DMR then I am the Br!

It not personal preference for everyone who wants it nerfed. It is simply the strongest gun out of them all significantly. I find it unfair that unless you are exceptionally skilled, you have to use the DMR because all of the others are unable to compete with it.

BR is more forgiving in mid-range combat, but anyone who knows what the hell he’s doing will murder with the DMR. Carbine and BR doesn’t hold up over long distances, allowing DMRs to lock down matches where there’s a large range, like… say… basically every BTB match ever.

I don’t know how you could play Halo 4 and not realize that the DMR is a problem in its current state. I like what the weapon has to offer as versatile ‘jack of all trades’ weapon but it’s actually just the king of all trades at this point

It wouldn’t even need a huge nerf to fix it either, so I’m really hoping 343 looks into it a little bit

> DMR is fine. Everyone who wants it changed is a BR nuthugger.

I agree and i am a BR nuthugger. I think aim assist is too high for most weapons, including BR, but i think DMR is fine

> > > > No, it wasn’t. And the Carbine wasn’t buffed. Two major things the community politely demanded.
> > >
> > > First of all the community didn’t demand the DMR to be nerfed nor did anyone demand the Carbine to be buffed.
> > >
> > > @OP It is probably just Lag, 343i never said they were going to do anything to the DMR.
> >
> > Pretty sure that the overwhelming majority of the community demanded the DMR to be nerfed. It’s about 50/50 with the Carbine, though.
>
> Last time I checked not everyone voices their opinions, some people simply do not care. You can’t speak for everyone and the minority is on Waypoint forums. I seriously doubt that the majority of the entire Halo Community wants the DMR to be nerfed based on personal preference and the fact people don’t like it is only because they get killed by it and expect the BR to be better than every other starter.

Well said Firesenz. =) I give you a Huge thanks.

The “endless” battle between DMR lovers and BR lovers has begun again. The Springer is the way to go…Light Rifle.