did the achievement dissapoint anyone else?

I mean, I’m grateful that we saw the achievements and stuff but they just seem so bland, boring, and easy. It really lowerd my hype for the campaign. I thought it would be full of twists and turns, but 8 missions, really? I think we have pretty much have an idea of how its gonna turn out. Nothing special, just starting up the new trilogy. No truces with the copies to fight the Prometheans, just nothing. Same old halo campaign…point, shoot, objective, cut scene… Sorry. I just expected more. I’m still getting the game, but it seems like Spartan ops will be the real story campaign.

Well I’m sad there isn’t a Mythic/LASO achievement but other then that I’m fine with them. (but hopefully there might be a another reward for doing it though)

Hey, you haven’t played through the Campaign yet.

I’m sure these missions are going to be much longer than the average Halo mission, as Frank O’Connor said a while back.

The thing is, you can’t really pull much about the Campaign from those achievements. All you can really say is that Hunters are in the Campaign, along with Brutes (Gravity Hammer confirmed).

Have you read any of the Forunner Saga books, I have and I am dying to play the campaign. IMO it wont just be point and shoot, it looks like it will have a deep story.

> Hey, you haven’t played through the Campaign yet.
>
> I’m sure these missions are going to be much longer than the average Halo mission, as Frank O’Connor said a while back.
>
> The thing is, you can’t really pull much about the Campaign from those achievements. All you can really say is that Hunters are in the Campaign, along with Brutes (Gravity Hammer confirmed).

that just makes it sound like the same old halo campaign but just in a different planet/location. Same enemies, same characters, its just to short to have any major twists

Come on we got two achievements linked to hunters, plus now we know the grav hammer will be back.

> The number of levels in the game (as revealed via Achievement listings) has no particular bearing on the length of the Campaign – and our levels are split thematically and for reasons of fiction as much as they are by location or “map.” There are a couple of instances in the game where a “level” actually comprises different environments and radically different play styles that might otherwise have been split into different levels. In terms of length of Campaign, it’s similar to most other Halo games and the number of hours to complete will depend on difficulty level, number of players and play style, just like before. Some folks will rock as many vehicles as they can and try to blast through as fast as they can, while others will stare at every rock, blade of grass or hidden corner and take weeks to get through a level.
>
> And Halo 4 - in a doubling down of the grand tradition of previous Halo games, encourages exploration, experimentation and replay with all sorts of methods, from hidden story content, to achievements, to easter eggs and beyond.
>
> Over and above that, every copy of Halo 4 includes access to Spartan Ops, with ten weeks of content, and five missions for each of those weeks means that in terms of story-driven gameplay experience, this has far more single player and cooperative content than any other Halo game, period.

> > Hey, you haven’t played through the Campaign yet.
> >
> > I’m sure these missions are going to be much longer than the average Halo mission, as Frank O’Connor said a while back.
> >
> > The thing is, you can’t really pull much about the Campaign from those achievements. All you can really say is that Hunters are in the Campaign, along with Brutes (Gravity Hammer confirmed).
>
> that just makes it sound like the same old halo campaign but just in a different planet/location. Same enemies, same characters, its just to short to have any major twists

Did you ever think that they don’t to spoil anything with the achievements?

i was slightly disappointed but now we now hunters and brutes are back and we have to do a lot of explorin

meh not really. I don’t really go for achievements in games so no big deal to me. Like with reach i’ll probably have less than half of them unlocked.

Nope, they did not! :slight_smile:

Wait, you looked at a couple achievements and determined that the campaign will be bland?

What?
Does that really make sense to you?

And to answer your question, no. These Achievements are awesome. Campaign-oriented, cooperative, focused on exploration, awesome.

I was a little sad theres only 8 levels but I’m sure they’ll be lengthy.

I thought the Achievements were just fine. I’m not sure what you were expecting, but the Achievements don’t necessarily reflect how good the Campaign will be.

Achievements shouldn’t be used to judge the campaign. Play it then judge.

You must also take into account that there may be achievements for Spartan Ops season 2 and beyond.

at leaste i know ill have all of them fast unlike halo 3. still dont have overkill(i always -Yoink- up the fourth one) or two for one

> Wait, you looked at a couple achievements and determined that the campaign will be bland?

I think he’s concerned with how we will still be fighting covenant so late into the campaign when H4 was supposedly time for the forerunners or another enemy to shine. Granted it’s a stretch with what little information we have but I do believe that it’s a valid concern.

> > The number of levels in the game (as revealed via Achievement listings) has no particular bearing on the length of the Campaign – and our levels are split thematically and for reasons of fiction as much as they are by location or “map.” There are a couple of instances in the game where a “level” actually comprises different environments and radically different play styles that might otherwise have been split into different levels. In terms of length of Campaign, it’s similar to most other Halo games and the number of hours to complete will depend on difficulty level, number of players and play style, just like before. Some folks will rock as many vehicles as they can and try to blast through as fast as they can, while others will stare at every rock, blade of grass or hidden corner and take weeks to get through a level.
> >
> > And Halo 4 - in a doubling down of the grand tradition of previous Halo games, encourages exploration, experimentation and replay with all sorts of methods, from hidden story content, to achievements, to easter eggs and beyond.
> >
> > Over and above that, every copy of Halo 4 includes access to Spartan Ops, with ten weeks of content, and five missions for each of those weeks means that in terms of story-driven gameplay experience, this has far more single player and cooperative content than any other Halo game, period.

IDK it seems like nobody read this, or have read this just didnt reply. But this basically sums up all the concerns you’ve had about the campaign. Just try not to blow through the campaign in a couple hours. try to span it over a month or a couple weeks that way you soak in the story more and really feel how great the game is.

I’m excited for the option to change our character’s pose.