Did some stupid update screw up the AI?

My buddy and I could handle AIs on Legendary and we’d play this game all the time. Suddenly (after a frakkin update), the AI start cheating, gaining immunity to all powers and capable of fielding an army, as well as 2 Scarabs and they train 2 Vultures at the same time with only 1 Airpad. WTF?!? As if the game wasn’t cheap enough on higher difficulties, now this BS happens?

That’s how they’ve always been… their units do more damage and have better defense, and they can get tech 4 units out in like 3 minutes lawl. The AI is ridiculously stupid in this game so they need those kind of advantages or else it won’t be a challenge.

whatever you do, never play against an AI forge on the automatic difficulty when it passes 140+.

> That’s how they’ve always been… their units do more damage and have better defense, and they can get tech 4 units out in like 3 minutes lawl. The AI is ridiculously stupid in this game so they need those kind of advantages or else it won’t be a challenge.

Yeah, why make a good AI when you can make it cheap? Sigh game Devs these days…

It is very difficult to make good A.I. to games. I believe making good artificial intelligence to game is the most challenging task.

However there is online multiplayer possibility. I think there is enough intelligence for everyone of us (besides bb2010, Wild Arms FX…). O.o

They didn’t screw up the A.I., but they did adjust them to be really cheap. Legendary AI in skirmishes pull off more maneuvers, are quicker at making bases when you destroy theirs, and the cheap part is that they can make units quicker, do more damage, and obtain resources quicker. I only realized the addition of the last part in an update after me and 2 buddies tried playing the legendary A.I, and realized they were pumping out units faster than us with a scout, despite using clan approved methods of optimizing resource and unit production.

The Ai legendary and up (If using Automatic settings) difficulty would appear to have Infinite resourses, you have to wonder why they bother with supply pads at all. A friend and I turtled a legendary and did a test we kept it’s supply pads down on it’s only base to ensure it had no income and yet after 2 hours it was still building warthogs and attempting to build buildings.

Also in addition to RPG’s comment never play against Covanent in deathmatch when the Automatic difficulty goes past 140 / 150. I don’t see how you can win. the best i’ve managed is to get the AI at a stalemate where i can’t move up, if I do my defence will be broken and my bases will be demolished. Seriously the AI has endless spam of units and their build times are seriously reduced. -

One thing I’ve noticed is the AI on your team are never anywhere near as good as the ones your fighting

And it’s true the only way to make the AI challenging is to allow them to cheat. It’s the same for most game. Every tried playing Black ops against the AI on the highest difficulty? You watch the kill cam’s there will be times when the AI gets a perfect headshot with a sniper rifle after pulling a 180 degree turn and shooting through 2 walls to kill you. (And on the kill cam it never even saw you once)

the AI hasn’t got infinite resources it starts with the same amount as you do. if you keep it’s buildings down it will still have supplies to try and make stuff with. on automatic 140+ it’s the supply production that increases to such insane levels that it allows an AI to triple pump wraiths off a single blessed warehouse or pump constant streams of tanks and gremlins with no upgraded pads at all.

> the AI hasn’t got infinite resources it starts with the same amount as you do. if you keep it’s buildings down it will still have supplies to try and make stuff with. on automatic 140+ it’s the supply production that increases to such insane levels that it allows an AI to triple pump wraiths off a single blessed warehouse or pump constant streams of tanks and gremlins with no upgraded pads at all.

It’s a shame your AI allies when playing 2v2 or 3v3 can’t do the same :frowning:

I can handle standard matches fine but they tend to drag on for quite a while. Deathmatches i either lose or just end up stalemating the AI (Unless i’m playing on the DLC 3v3 map with the 2 forerunner gate in the middle, as if you take the gate on your side and then let the enemy take the gate on theirs they will never attack with ground units execpt scarrabs which are easy to take care of)

I haven’t actually tried tug of war, keep way or reinforcements against high level AI (150+) as that piece of DLC stopped working on my xbox a while ago. my xbox doesn’t even register that it exists any more despite redownloading numerous times.