Did I really just get banned for being good?

I have never left my account AFK for a game, I have never boosted a game in my life, and I sure as h*** never cheated. Why am is my account suddenly unable to play matchmaking, my last 10 games or so I went above 30 kills for each… Some reaching 40+, could it be a mistake from the boosting detection system? I haven’t received a message on screen saying I was banned or anything either… Any suggestions?

You might have got a quit ban.

> I have never left my account AFK for a game, I have never boosted a game in my life, and I sure as h*** never cheated. Why am is my account suddenly unable to play matchmaking, my last 10 games or so I went above 30 kills for each… Some reaching 40+, could it be a mistake from the boosting detection system? I haven’t received a message on screen saying I was banned or anything either… Any suggestions?

If you didn’t get a ban message, Matchmaking might just be unavailable to you temporarily unless it straight up tells you you’re not allowed to play when you bring up Matchmaking.

Like Free Cake mentioned, you may have been banned for other reasons.

You are too powerful, we had to stop you some how.

You’re 147-77 with 32 quits. Could be quit ban.

minutes silence for kleux

Quit ban? If not that then I don’t know.

> You’re 147-77 with 32 quits. Could be quit ban.

A quit ban that has lasted a week? Those quits were from when the game first came out. And mostly due to lag outs. Had bad internet for a bit. Not too mention, I got on after not playing for a week to find out I couldn’t play… -___-

I quit a match or two myself due to bad lagging this quit ban sounds horrible, why is it even possible all it’ll do is tick gamers off.

Banned for being good?

Overconfidence.

Not really over confidence… More like I know have played for years and most people on Halo 4 haven’t been playing too long. I know I am good, as I’ve been told it plenty before.

Not too mention you wouldn’t call someone who goes 30+ kills in a game bad. It wouldn’t make sense. The title is more of a message saying, hey did I seriously just get banned for playing the game?

> Not really over confidence… More like I know have played for years and most people on Halo 4 haven’t been playing too long. I know I am good, as I’ve been told it plenty before.
>
> Not too mention you wouldn’t call someone who goes 30+ kills in a game bad. It wouldn’t make sense. The title is more of a message saying, hey did I seriously just get banned for playing the game?

I got 34 once and I’m rubbish

good at the easiest halo ever, lol

Depends on how your quits went. It tends to ignore disconnect quits, but intentionally leaving too many games regularly will get you the quit ban.

There’s a sticky up where they address why you might have been banned, check it out.

> Banned for being good?
>
> Overconfidence.

Pretty sure ‘Overconfidence’ isn’t a banning offence.

Maybe not banned for being good, in that is the exact reason MS or 343 banned you. But perhaps due to your higher scoring games many players reported you for cheating, and the due to the amount of reports filed you were banned.

You’re only a 1.28 k/d…you’re not that good. But you have had some good matches. Looking at the last game where you went 34-16, it seems the rest of your team was crap, and so were 3 of the members on the other team.

Please don’t brag OP. Nobody is going to try to help you if you’re cocky like that. I’m sure somebody will be here soon to fully investigate your profile and show you where you were cheating. I very very rarely have seen people actually get banned for no reason.

32 dnf quits? Lol

1.28 k/d for matchmaking.

You’re not THAT good. Hell, I’m average at best and mine is like 1.36 or something.

K/D isn’t everything, but anyone can have that W/L record if they have 32 quits.

Someone who consistently gets, say, only 15 kills but dies only 5 or 6 times per game is better than someone who gets 30+ kills and dies 25 times per game. Anyone who is half decent can run around frantically and get 30 kills of they’re dying all the time. That’s not being “too good”.

I’m not being cocky, I should have stated the title more towards, “Banned for playing well?”. Sorry everyone on the internet has to assume everyone is trying to be cocky and full of themselves. Sorry that I am not one of those people. Anyways, I hope someone will see this and look it over. All I wanted to do was play a couple of games in my time between finals at school. That backfired lmao.

Enough with calling me cocky it wasn’t my intent as much as it was to be an attention grabber. I’ve been banned on a console and account from MS back last year or so. But those days are long gone, I’ve played clean sense and just don’t understand why this is coming back for no real reason. I don’t even have gold ATM, so it’s not like I’m missing anytime I could be playing. I just want to get this sorted so maybe I can play again on my account.

If a 343 team member does review my profile and sees nothing wrong, is it heard of for them to revoke a ban? Would be nice to have my profile back to normal.