Did Halo 4 come with a 90 day warranty?

I bought my Limited Edition on release day and today my disc somehow got a scratch on it that is preventing it from playing, it freezes up everytime I load up the disc. My friend told me it came with a 90 day warranty but I’m not sure, is this true?

You can download the game into your console using the disk. So no need to return it.

I have a warranty, but I think you need to buy it yourself. I didn’t buy the LE, though, so I’m not exactly the expert :smiley:

I tried that, and at about 30% it stopped saying it can’t. So that will not work.

> I bought my Limited Edition on release day and today my disc somehow got a scratch on it that is preventing it from playing, it freezes up everytime I load up the disc. My friend told me it came with a 90 day warranty but I’m not sure, is this true?

Hope you kept your receipt, lol.

You may have to borrow someone else’s disc and install it, OP.

> You can download the game into your console using the disk. So no need to return it.

I tried that, and at about 30% it stopped saying it can’t. So that will not work.

Go to the store you bought and ask them to give you the Console Edition otherwise you will pee on the food section…

> > You can download the game into your console using the disk. So no need to return it.
>
> I tried that, and at about 30% it stopped saying it can’t. So that will not work.

Some stores will give you a new disc, others will say that they won’t exchange it for you because you scratched it yourself.

There are stores where you can pay them a little fee and they’ll remove the scratches from your disc.

You could go rent it from RedBox for $2 a night and install it

> > I bought my Limited Edition on release day and today my disc somehow got a scratch on it that is preventing it from playing, it freezes up everytime I load up the disc. My friend told me it came with a 90 day warranty but I’m not sure, is this true?
>
> Hope you kept your receipt, lol.

I have the receipt where I put 20$ down on it before release, would that count?

Some specialized stores will remove scratches from your disc. As long as only the surface is damaged and as long as the disc isn’t cracked, they can fix it. For a fee, of course, but it beats buying a new game. Don’t try any “guaranteed tricks” on your own, you’ll just destroy the disc most of the times.

If they don’t give you another disc, just keep trying to install it. I remember a few years ago I cracked my Black Ops disc, and I tried to install it. It stopped around 10 times at 11%, but after that it made it somewhere to 40% and then on my next try it installed it… Might not work but it’s worth a shot.

> > > I bought my Limited Edition on release day and today my disc somehow got a scratch on it that is preventing it from playing, it freezes up everytime I load up the disc. My friend told me it came with a 90 day warranty but I’m not sure, is this true?
> >
> > Hope you kept your receipt, lol.
>
> I have the receipt where I put 20$ down on it before release, would that count?

no but having your receipt makes it more likely that they could replace the disk or if someone is really nice clean it for you. but your best bet is just rent halo 4 and install it and keep the disc you have.

> > > > I bought my Limited Edition on release day and today my disc somehow got a scratch on it that is preventing it from playing, it freezes up everytime I load up the disc. My friend told me it came with a 90 day warranty but I’m not sure, is this true?
> > >
> > > Hope you kept your receipt, lol.
> >
> > I have the receipt where I put 20$ down on it before release, would that count?
>
> no but having your receipt makes it more likely that they could replace the disk or if someone is really nice clean it for you. but your best bet is just rent halo 4 and install it and keep the disc you have.

We had a place who would clean discs but they recently closed down, I called Gamestop and they said to bring my disc there and 21$ will get me a new one.