Did Frank O'Connor say this???

Did Frank O’Connor say something like this: “Call of Duty does a lot of good things well, and we should start doing more things like them.” That is what someone told me that he said. I’m scared guys, tell me I am mistaken! If I see ANYTHING like CoD come into Halo, I just my cry and go crazy! No offense to CoD of course. CoD is CoD and Halo is Halo.

Use some common sense bud.

Yes, he did say that, but don’t be so stubborn. Some games do things better in certain regards, and developers should never be afraid to borrow such things if they make sense and fit.

I think he was saying that there are some things that COD does better then Halo and that they should learn from it and not that they should start making Halo like COD.

Unfortunately, I do remember hearing him say that. I was disappointed to hear that too. Halo started everything. Every other game copied Halo’s formula and improved upon it in their own way. I see where Frankie’s going with that statement. Halo has been left behind because it either did not change enough, or changed too much. I have a good feeling about where Halo 4 is going, so I have faith they won’t ruin it. They have a great team.

He does not mean the Pinky shots from the Desert Eagle or another large pistol that blow off your leg. (This happened in Black Ops once in Campaign.) Heaven forbid though, the customising of weapons in Matchmaking, he could not do anything stupid like remove vehicles, but something small, like maybe the Emblems and Callsigns would be nice, but no ‘Tactical Carter inbound.’

No, he said that CoD did a lot of things good, which they can do better. Doesn’t immediately mean they will copy paste their game like you fear.

He said he wants the game to feel like Halo. And do you really think he is so dumb to base Halo on CoD?

Didn’t he also say that they we’re going back to what made Halo 3 special?

> Unfortunately, I do remember hearing him say that. I was disappointed to hear that too. Halo started everything. Every other game copied Halo’s formula and improved upon it in their own way. I see where Frankie’s going with that statement. Halo has been left behind because it either did not change enough, or changed too much. I have a good feeling about where Halo 4 is going, so I have faith they won’t ruin it. They have a great team.

what do you mean halo started everything?

The one thing COD does do better than reach is you are always trying to level up to get that next guns, but I believe 1-50 keeps you more interested.

I dont know if he said that, but for all i know he said that, when they looked at Call of Duty, they know they can do it better, and that they are going to do it better. But we all know Halo is more awesome then COD right ?

> > Unfortunately, I do remember hearing him say that. I was disappointed to hear that too. Halo started everything. Every other game copied Halo’s formula and improved upon it in their own way. I see where Frankie’s going with that statement. Halo has been left behind because it either did not change enough, or changed too much. I have a good feeling about where Halo 4 is going, so I have faith they won’t ruin it. They have a great team.
>
> what do you mean halo started everything?

Halo is credited as being the foundation for the modern FPS. In eseence, its inspired every FPS for the last decade. I never said it was the first FPS. If i’m not mistaken, wasn’t that DOOM?

Oh, here we go again…

> > > Unfortunately, I do remember hearing him say that. I was disappointed to hear that too. Halo started everything. Every other game copied Halo’s formula and improved upon it in their own way. I see where Frankie’s going with that statement. Halo has been left behind because it either did not change enough, or changed too much. I have a good feeling about where Halo 4 is going, so I have faith they won’t ruin it. They have a great team.
> >
> > what do you mean halo started everything?
>
> Halo is credited as being the foundation for the modern FPS. In eseence, its inspired every FPS for the last decade. I never said it was the first FPS. If i’m not mistaken, wasn’t that DOOM?

Yeah you mean the foundation for the modern FPS on console, but people seem to forget Goldeneye for N64 a lot.

Halo started Xbox and the Modern FPS. Seriosuly, did you not understand the whole reason they did CEA? Jeez’em!

> > > Unfortunately, I do remember hearing him say that. I was disappointed to hear that too. Halo started everything. Every other game copied Halo’s formula and improved upon it in their own way. I see where Frankie’s going with that statement. Halo has been left behind because it either did not change enough, or changed too much. I have a good feeling about where Halo 4 is going, so I have faith they won’t ruin it. They have a great team.
> >
> > what do you mean halo started everything?
>
> Halo is credited as being the foundation for the modern FPS. In eseence, its inspired every FPS for the last decade. I never said it was the first FPS. If i’m not mistaken, wasn’t that DOOM?

No, Wolf 3d is the first fps. And no, halo is not credited with being the foundation of modern fps. It’s credited for being the foundation of actually making fps work on consoles.

That’s the foundation it set. That first person shooters can actually work and actually control well.

Ya’ll can’t think that a console shooter influenced PC shooters lol…

> Didn’t he also say that they we’re going back to what made Halo 3 special?

Holy crap! did he really?? OMG this made my day! I’ve been wanting to hear [read] those words for a long time!

> > Unfortunately, I do remember hearing him say that. I was disappointed to hear that too. Halo started everything. Every other game copied Halo’s formula and improved upon it in their own way. I see where Frankie’s going with that statement. Halo has been left behind because it either did not change enough, or changed too much. I have a good feeling about where Halo 4 is going, so I have faith they won’t ruin it. They have a great team.
>
> what do you mean halo started everything?

I don’t think he meant literally everything.

> > > > Unfortunately, I do remember hearing him say that. I was disappointed to hear that too. Halo started everything. Every other game copied Halo’s formula and improved upon it in their own way. I see where Frankie’s going with that statement. Halo has been left behind because it either did not change enough, or changed too much. I have a good feeling about where Halo 4 is going, so I have faith they won’t ruin it. They have a great team.
> > >
> > > what do you mean halo started everything?
> >
> > Halo is credited as being the foundation for the modern FPS. In eseence, its inspired every FPS for the last decade. I never said it was the first FPS. If i’m not mistaken, wasn’t that DOOM?
>
> No, Wolf 3d is the first fps. And no, halo is not credited with being the foundation of modern fps. It’s credited for being the foundation of actually making fps work on consoles.
>
> That’s the foundation it set. That first person shooters can actually work and actually control well.
>
> Ya’ll can’t think that a console shooter influenced PC shooters lol…

My bad, sorry. I knew it was credited as the foundation of something FPS related.

> > > > Unfortunately, I do remember hearing him say that. I was disappointed to hear that too. Halo started everything. Every other game copied Halo’s formula and improved upon it in their own way. I see where Frankie’s going with that statement. Halo has been left behind because it either did not change enough, or changed too much. I have a good feeling about where Halo 4 is going, so I have faith they won’t ruin it. They have a great team.
> > >
> > > what do you mean halo started everything?
> >
> > Halo is credited as being the foundation for the modern FPS. In eseence, its inspired every FPS for the last decade. I never said it was the first FPS. If i’m not mistaken, wasn’t that DOOM?
>
> No, Wolf 3d is the first fps. And no, halo is not credited with being the foundation of modern fps. It’s credited for being the foundation of actually making fps work on consoles.
>
> That’s the foundation it set. That first person shooters can actually work and actually control well.
>
> <mark>Ya’ll can’t think that a console shooter influenced PC shooters lol…</mark>

It did. Prior to Halo, it was unheard of to limit a player to just 2 weapons in a shooter.