Did Eric Nylund set Blue team up to be playable?

Well as the topic says, did Eric Nylund set Blue Team up in a way to make them transition into characters players 2-4 can play in campaign? my evidence of this is that by the end of Ghosts of Onyx Blue team is consisted of just 3 Spartan II’s, add John and you get 4, the amount of players you can have playing of the same Xbox. My Theory is that Nylund saw this and thought ahead to make it so there are 3 II’s left just in case Bungie ever wanted to make them the characters players 2-4 would play as. Now if this book was released just before halo 5 then this would b obvious, but it was released around 10 years before Fred, Kelly and Linda became playable, so do you guys think that Nylund foresaw that they may want to do this in the future or at the least set it up so they could become playable to make it so that the developer could easily give fan service to the fans of his book? Or am I just reading to far into it?

Technically aren’t there surviving Spartan-IIIs who are a part of Blue Team?

Personally I think you may be reading too much into it. I don’t think Nylund purposefully wrote that Kelly, Fred, and Linda were the only surviving Spartan-IIs of Blue Team so that they could join Chief and fulfill the 4-player co-op potential Halo campaigns have had. Is it possible? Sure. But I don’t think it’s likely to be the case.

> 2533274817408735;2:
> Technically aren’t there surviving Spartan-IIIs who are a part of Blue Team?
>
> Personally I think you may be reading too much into it. I don’t think Nylund purposefully wrote that Kelly, Fred, and Linda were the only surviving Spartan-IIs of Blue Team so that they could join Chief and fulfill the 4-player co-op potential Halo campaigns have had. Is it possible? Sure. But I don’t think it’s likely to be the case.

and yeah, there were III’s on the team, but they were removed from it in Halo Last Light (which since it was released between 4 and 5 I would say was very likely that, that was set up for a 4 member Blue Team.)

I think you are reading way to much into this.

wouldn’t you rather play as the arbiter and the chief?

I think it’s just a coincidence.

> 2533275008945864;3:
> > 2533274817408735;2:
> > Technically aren’t there surviving Spartan-IIIs who are a part of Blue Team?
> >
> > Personally I think you may be reading too much into it. I don’t think Nylund purposefully wrote that Kelly, Fred, and Linda were the only surviving Spartan-IIs of Blue Team so that they could join Chief and fulfill the 4-player co-op potential Halo campaigns have had. Is it possible? Sure. But I don’t think it’s likely to be the case.
>
> and yeah, there were III’s on the team, but they were removed from it in Halo Last Light (which since it was released between 4 and 5 I would say was very likely that, that was set up for a 4 member Blue Team.)

Yeah, they were removed after Nylund stopped writing halo books.

> 2533274964189700;7:
> > 2533275008945864;3:
> > > 2533274817408735;2:
> > > Technically aren’t there surviving Spartan-IIIs who are a part of Blue Team?
> > >
> > > Personally I think you may be reading too much into it. I don’t think Nylund purposefully wrote that Kelly, Fred, and Linda were the only surviving Spartan-IIs of Blue Team so that they could join Chief and fulfill the 4-player co-op potential Halo campaigns have had. Is it possible? Sure. But I don’t think it’s likely to be the case.
> >
> > and yeah, there were III’s on the team, but they were removed from it in Halo Last Light (which since it was released between 4 and 5 I would say was very likely that, that was set up for a 4 member Blue Team.)
>
> Yeah, they were removed after Nylund stopped writing halo books.

Last one he wrote with them was Ghost of Onyx, which had Blue as three S-IIs and like, five S-IIIs.